• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors WTK: Best 45 acp Suppressor to purchase

SmithM21

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2020
I am planning to purchase a 45 acp suppressor in the near future. I want one that is quiet and allows me to change the mounts so I can shoot it on 9mm, 10mm, and 45s pistols and carbines. I may run it on some HK MP5s in 9mm & 40 S&W so full auto rated would be a plus.

Any suggestions?

I do own on 45 acp suppressor but it is dedicated to my HK UMP Clone and cannot be mounted on any other type of barrel. It is a GemTech UMP Suppressor and it is FA Rated. When I shoot my UMP at the range with the suppressor mounted I get a lot of attention. I am always getting comments that my UMP Suppressor is the quietest 45 suppressor that they have ever heard.

Here is a pic of my UMP with Suppressor.

I am sure if TBAC made a 45 can someone on here would say it is the best.:sneaky:

Of the 45 cans I have tried/used/been around most of them are pretty identical for sound suppression given they are similar size.

Get what you like with the features you like. I am currently running a SiCo Omega 45K with a tri-lug mount on my Sig MPX and really like it. I thought it was quieter than the Omega 9K despite the bore size, I think the larger internal volume of the 45K makes it a little quieter in my application.

I hear good things about the Rugged Obsidian 45 but have no personal experience with it to share.

Love my Obsidian 45. Really sweet can.

Specifications

DIAMETER: 1.37″
LENGTH: Standard Configuration: 8.6″, Short Configuration: 6.7″
WEIGHT: Standard Configuration: 12.8oz; Short Configuration: 10.7oz
FINISH: Hard Coat Anodized and Cerokote

CALIBER:
Full Auto Rated for Pistol Calibers up-to 45ACP and .300BLK Subsonic (minimum barrel length 8″), .44 Mag. (minimum barrel length 16″), 45-70 (minimum barrel length 16″), and 450 Bushmaster (minimum barrel length 16″) Click here for a list of the Obsidian45’s caliber ratings.

SOUND LEVELS:
45ACP – Full Configuration: 129.3dB
45ACP – K Configuration: 137.6dB
45ACP – K Configuration (wet): 131.5dB
9mm – Full Configuration: 123.7dB
9mm – K Configuration: 130.4dB
9mm – K Configuration (wet): 125.9dB

MATERIALS:
Baffles: 17-4PH Stainless Steel
Tube: Aluminum
Mount: 17-4 PH Stainless Steel

Rugged Obsidian or Dead air Ghost. I've never heard anything bad from anyone that owns an Obsidian. I own a Ghost. If you can't regularly supply wipes for it, it becomes noticeably louder.