• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CO Rifle Club (CRC) Long Range Precision Rifle

Re: CO Rifle Club (CRC) Long Range Precision Rifle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dinosdeuce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">K2peaker,

I plan on making my first match out there. Please be gentle as it my first time.

I'll still respect you Sunday morning though

Dino </div></div>

Ew

Hey folks,

Here are the results from yesterday's match:

1 Gary P Light Rifle 430 1st Light Rifle
2 AJ G Heavy Rifle 420 1st Heavy Rifle
3 Tom P Heavy Rifle 385 2nd Heavy Rifle
4 Jon B Heavy Rifle 350 3rd Heavy Rifle
4 Chuck W Heavy Rifle 350
6 Ken K Heavy Rifle 320
6 Bill S Light Rifle 320 2nd Light Rifle
8 Stan S Heavy Rifle 340
9 Shiggie Light Rifle 310 3rd Light Rifle
10 Frank G Heavy Rifle 300
11 Dino Heavy Rifle 290
12 Greg F Light Rifle 280
13 Bill C Light Rifle 260
14 David K Light Rifle 308 255 1st 308
15 Bill M Heavy Rifle 308 240 2nd 308
16 Conor M Heavy Rifle 308 230 3rd 308
17 Zachary P Light Rifle 308 220
18 Bill B Light Rifle 308 220
19 Calvin D Heavy Rifle 308 210
20 Mike L Light Rifle 308 200
21 Dave S Heavy Rifle 195
22 Dominic M Heavy Rifle 308 190
23 Chris B Heavy Rifle 308 180
23 Dan S Light Rifle 180
25 Bob S Big Semi-Auto 160 1st Semi-Auto
26 Mike K Heavy Rifle 308 150
26 Bob De Light Rifle 150
27 Richard B Heavy Rifle 308 100
29 Robert S Semi-Auto 110 2nd Semi-Auto
30 Scott P Light Rifle 308 90
31 Colton S Semi-Auto 80 3rd Semi-Auto & 1st Jr

MD's Comments on the match.
#1 Many thanks to Beck, the co-MD yesterday, for the assistance. And, to Tom, Dino, Bill, and others that helped set up and tear down. Keep in mind this is all volunteer stuff so whenever folks chip in, it helps considerably. Also, I wasn't sure if we had another Jr shooter in the bunch. Kudos to the guys shooting this with AR15s with 55 grainers!

Results:
Huge kudos to Gary and AJ. In those shifting head wind conditions, that was very impressive shooting!

Miscellaneous Stats:
Don't beat me up on this. I was just curious as to calibers being shot. IMO, yesterday played to the BC-advantages of the "wind cheater" calibers. Shifty head wind is tough.

OK, I fudged a bit on the Rifle/Action -- broke out the Surgeon guys separate from the Rem/700 but didn't do that with other custom actions.

Caliber Stats
6.5 11 37%
6mm 3 10%
.223 3 10%
.308 12 40%
.300 1 3%

Rifle Stats
Rem/700 14 48%
AI 3 10%
AR 3 10%
Savage 3 10%
Sako 1 3%
Surgeon 2 7%
Win/70 3 10%

GoodLooking People Stats 1 31 Total
3%

Ken:
Many thanks for all the effort to put this on. You and Jon did a great job.
Always a good time!

TTT,
Are you kidding? To be able to shoot with fine folks like you? It's our pleasure...

Let's see. By my count, Dino should be down another pound or two by now.

Odds-n-Ends from the 9/24/11 Match:
Found:
A 50-round blue Midway ammo box. .308 loads (48 empties & 2 rounds). 168gr. SMKs, Rel15, 210m -- I can tell all of that just by eyeballing them.
(And reading the label inside).

Found:
Small blue spiral notebook -- empty.
Let me or RJ know if you need these items back sooner otherwise we'll just plan on having them with us at next month's match.

K2peaker,

Ditto to TTT comments. I appreciate being able to shoot such a great match. Thanks to you, Beck and RJ (even though he wasn't able to be there) for such fun match. We had a great squad for as you so eloquately put it the "primo Donna" squad.

See you next match and I should be down 1 or 2 by then.

Dino

Hoping to make it out for the October match guys, I'm new to the area. 4th saturday in October a go?

Yes, it is definitely planned a "go" for the 4th Sat. in October. Check back here as it's very likely we'll be going to two start squad times (AM and Noonish) to better accomodate the number of shooters that we have been getting. RJ and I will finalize the two start times and other associated details and will post here and on CO AR-15 forum.

I will be at the October match! Managed to get that Saturday off work so I will be there. Anybody interested in checking out the Viper Skins can have a look as I will try to get there early this time. I believe I will have a couple mounting solutions for those interested in using an Accu Shot monopod worked out by then also.

Rich

It's that time of the month again. For those of you not going hunting, the CRC LRPR match is on for this Saturday (a single start time again). This is great practice for the upcoming TBAC Team Match! 48 rounds total. I will be gone with Jess whacking Bambi (yes, Bambi was a buck), so a big thanks to Ken for running the match solo again! If the weather holds up, we'll do it again in November. Good luck everyone!

Beautiful day for the match this month, thanks to Ken for running it, it was fun! As always. Had my personal best this month with a new load =)

Rich

I made it out to the dirt road north of byers and had to turn around and head back to denver to meet with a customer who was passing thru the state today and wanted to see my shop. Hopefully there will be a nov match.

Another good match. Thanks Ken.

Nice wind reading/shooting Fritz.

Thanks Kevin! I always have a great time at these matches! Thanks Ken, sorry I didn't help you guys with tear down; I had to drive up to Evergreen to meet a buddy and look for elk. Looks like most of them are in your neighborhood!
See you guys at the next one!

K2peaker,

Another great match.

Good shooting Fritz.

Kevin thanks for the reminders between berms.

When will the results be posted?

Dino

October 22nd Match Results

Haven't seen any of the 700 lb critters hanging out in my yard the past few days but I'm sure they're lingering around somewhere. And, no problem on the tear down. Thanks to Bill, Dino, Chuck, MikeK, and Barry for help in the set up and tear down.

Thanks to all for coming out yesterday. A beautiful day and a decent turnout of 23 shooters which is pretty good for the Deer season opening day conflict. Happy to report that Jesse got a nice buck at 500 yds shooting from sticks. Wacked 'em. Match performance does translate to the field!

(Personally, I'm just happy that in the re-tally I tied Dino. Jeesh...)

November Match: as of right now, we are planning on it. It would be the 26th (Sat. after Thanksgiving). Check in here for any updates.

General Update: Bill has offered to make room for us to store our ProPlate targets and other match items in the storage container out there. We're definitely going to take him up on that. That way, we can expand the core of folks (like Bill and GaryP and DaveK) in the event that both RJ and I can't make it for set up.

The formatting below is a bit wacky. I denoted the folks shooting .308 and .223 for grins so you see 308/223 preceding the match score for folks shooting those calibers. In fact, I'm impressed with the .308 finishes this month by Dave, Dom, & Rich.

Results:
1 Fritz A. Heavy Rifle 410 1st Heavy Rifle
2 Mike K. Heavy Rifle 370 2nd Heavy Rifle
3 Stan S Heavy Rifle 365 3rd Heavy Rifle
4 Dino Heavy Rifle 350
4 Ken K Semi-Auto 350 1st Semi-Auto
6 Dave K Light Rifle 308 335 1st Light Rifle, 1st 308
7 Dominic M Light Rifle 308 330 2nd Light Rifle, 2nd 308
8 Kevin U Heavy Rifle 320
9 Rich Z Heavy Rifle 308 315 3rd 308
10 Gary P Light Rifle 310 3rd Light Rifle
11 Bill S Light Rifle 280
11 Greg F Light Rifle 280
13 Dusty B Heavy Rifle 308 260
13 Conor M Light Rifle 308 260
15 Mike L Light Rifle 308 250
15 Calvin D Heavy Rifle 308 250
15 Bill M Semi-Auto 223 250 1st 223, 2nd Semi-Auto
18 Barry R Light Rifle 308 230
19 Chuck W Semi-Auto 223 190 2nd 223, 3rd Semi-Auto
19 Rick B Light Rifle 308 190
21 Jake H Heavy Rifle 180 1st Junior
22 Dan S Heavy Rifle 160
23 Bruce K Semi-Auto 308 140 Top .38 Super Shooter (wrong match)

Re: October 22nd Match Results

Sorry we missed the match again, but here is a pic of Jess' deer. 500 yards off sticks. 2,500 rounds through the pipes have paid off!

213g8dy.jpg

Congrats Jess' Best of luck to Tom P on his big horn too. Hope to see you guys soon.

Rick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bownwoods</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats Jess' Best of luck to Tom P on his big horn too. Hope to see you guys soon.

Rick </div></div>

Tom shot a trophy desert sheep opening morning! I'll post pics soon.

Although it looks like a nice big horn, it is actually a monster desert sheep. Tom put him to bed and then whacked him opening morning. BIG congratulations! Once in a lifetime hunt.

i6h8h5.jpg

Very nice Tom. Judging by your smile it was worth the wait? CONGRATS!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crowdog7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the match on for this month? Saturday after Thanksgiving? </div></div>

What he said.

Well???

Dino

CRC LRPR November Announcement

It's ON Saturday for those of you able to drag yourself out of the couch after the Thanksgiving dinner euphoria. Set-up 9ish, start 10 am sharp. 48 rounds total. Dress warm

Plan on being there, hope the winds are better then this weekends PD match in Pueblo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bownwoods</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Plan on being there, hope the winds are better then this weekends PD match in Pueblo. </div></div>

Bring that new scope for me to check out!

Game on tomorrow.

Weather report:
Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 46. Breezy, with a north northwest wind between 11 and 21 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph.

Looks like it is going to be interesting. Can't wait. Guess I need to load up some of my special wind boolits and put on my south southwest twist barrel.

Dino

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: k2peaker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

GoodLooking People Stats 1 31 Total
3%
</div></div>

Just reading through the thread, saw that and had to chuckle to myself haha Of course I come across this thread a few hours AFTER todays match. But this sounds like a blast, I'll definately be coming to the next one.

November 2012 Match Results

All, It was COLD, especially the first two strings. The wind was full valve at times and changing by the minute. It was definitely a learning experience. Thank you all for coming out, everyone beat the people sitting at home on the couch. Thank you to Jess, Bill, and Stan for help with set-up. Thank you to Jess, Tom, and Steve for help with tear down. Good shooting everyone, anyone near a score of 300 is very impressive for the conditions we had yesterday. A few people got the dog at 550 three times, but nobody got it the fourth. We are not sure about the December match. The fourth Saturday is Christmas Eve and we'll have to keep an eye on the weather forecast. Stay tuned for further information.

1 Hoser Heavy Rifle 350 1st Heavy Rifle
2 Shane C Heavy Rifle 330 2nd Heavy Rifle
3 Steve M Heavy Rifle 320 3rd Heavy Rifle
4 Tom P Heavy Rifle 310
4 Rick B Heavy Rifle 310
6 James V Heavy Rifle 305
7 Mike K Heavy Rifle 300
7 Kevin U Heavy Rifle 300
9 Brian J Heavy Rifle 290
10 Ray S Heavy Rifle 280
10 Dino Heavy Rifle 280
12 Ben M 308 Heavy Rifle 260 1st 308
13 RJ D Heavy Rifle 250
14 Jess D Heavy Rifle 240
14 Chuck W Semi-Auto 240 1st Semi-Auto
16 Peter S Heavy Rifle 230
16 Dave S Heavy Rifle 230
18 Stan S Heavy Rifle 210
19 Greg VH Heavy Rifle 200
19 Bill M 308 Semi-Auto 200 2nd 308, 2nd Semi-Auto
21 Wade K Light Rifle 185 1st Light Rifle
22 Barry R Heavy Rifle 150
23 Bret B Heavy Rifle 110

Re: November 2012 Match Results

Thanks for putting on a great match yesterday, already looking forward to the next one.

That weather was miserable. But a great match for sure. I'll be back. Not too bad considering I hit three effin targets the first round.

Thanks to RJ & Jess for putting on the match.

Congrats to Hoser. Good score considering the conditions.

They were brutal for sure. I don't know what was worse , your eyes watering from the wind or getting dirt blown into them. Not to mention not being able to feel your fingers half way through the string. I believe this is worse conditions I have shot in.

See you all in Dec if it is a go. If not then Jan

k2peaker no show: Whiskey Delta

Dino

Well another great day at CRC, pretty windy and cold. Many thanks to Jess and RJ, always a good time. Congrats to Hoser, Shane, and Steve. Mighty fine shooting. Rick looks as if the new scope is working.

Good times. Brutal cold and ugly wind. I have shot in colder and more miserable conditions, but I was either Elk or Goose hunting.

I still have no idea why I was holding half to full value wind when it appeared to be coming from 12:00 but thats life.

See you guys next month. Hopefully Chuck will buy lunch again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still have no idea why I was holding half to full value wind when it appeared to be coming from 12:00 but thats life.
</div></div>
Full value,no wonder I could'nt hit crap.It looked like 12,sometimes 11 to me but the dust in front of the berm mislead me also_Only my second time so what the heck.With no brake or can I cant see where most of my misses are going.I've got to do something about that.Do you shoot each diffrent range at a diffrent power setting on your scope or are all ranges shot at the same magnification?Just wondering.

Re: November 2011 Match Results

All, After long deliberation, due to it being Christmas Eve and the temp forecast being between 12F and 34F we have decided to cancel the December match. Hopefully we will see you in January. Have a Merry Christmas and a safe New Year's. It has been a good year, thank you all for the support. RJ & Ken

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shane C.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good, still cold from the last match
smile.gif
</div></div>

At least 9" of snow today and still snowing... Jess said listening to you and Ray shoot with mittens on last month was entertaining.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quickdraw40</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Light rifle, under 12 pounds; </div></div>

Is that with a loaded mag? How about the bipod?

Thanks-

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elkregulator</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quickdraw40</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Light rifle, under 12 pounds; </div></div>

Is that with a loaded mag? How about the bipod?

Thanks- </div></div>

ummmm... I don't know. It's just a line to define hunting/varmint rifles vs. heavy tactical type rifles. We don't have a scale or any rule lawyers there. I'm sure if you are close and you wanted to shoot in light rifle, nobody would complain. Hope to see you at a match!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D_TROS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the 28th for sure then?

_DT </div></div>

If the weather cooperates, we will definitely have the match. We'll make a final decision the middle of next week.