• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Colorado Members Camping/Shooting trip 3/13-3/15

paulholcomb

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 15, 2008
Cascade, CO
Hey guys...some of us Colorado guys are getting together to do a weekend camping and shooting trip in the geographical center of Colorado! JP Outfitters will supply the tents and ALL cooking utensils as well as the food. Please bring your own sleeping bags/cots and let me know that you will attend so that we can make arrangements for you. We will have everyone bring your own drinks and have everyone pitch in for the food. Please RSVP by Tuesday March 10th. Don't forget to bring your guns/ammo as well as your OUTRAGEOUS stories! Those of you wishing to do some coyote killing, or attempt to, you MUST have a small game license to do so.

Re: Colorado Members Camping/Shooting trip 3/13-3/15

Don't forget to bring some camo if you wish to do some varmint hunting!

What kind of road are we looking at to get into the area and what is the nearest town? Also is this a long range rifle event or what should we expect? I would like to know before I commit to coming. This sounds like a good time hopefully it works out.

Viper....roads are VERY easy gravel roads......NO 4WD required! We will set up some LR shooting and some closer range. We will be in the National Forest near where I guide hunts. We have high alpine desert flats and 2000 foot incline peaks around us....should make for a fun weekend!

Come on....I know I have more than one Colorado guy who's gonna come do this!

Where are you talking? Isn't the center like Bailey-Fairplay some where?

Re: Colorado Members Camping/Shooting trip 3/13-3/

Was going to say Lake George too,, used to live in Bailey.
Kinda knew it was in Park some where.

Guys - this needs to stay deliberately low key online, so please resort to email and PMs for specifics. Otherwise if the USFS or BLM gets involved there could be some permitting issues.

I have permits as I'm a licensed outfitter in the state of Colorado. We will keep this low key to the colorado members. Thanks 9H....

We're talking about the area in GMU 50, Park County, near Tarryall Reservoir.

as of right now I have 10 cots! So we will just need to bring your bags/blankets and pitch in for food. there is NO other cost involved! This is just for fun and bragging rights ONLY...

space is limited to 12 people total......keeps my permits legal! Myself and Cavscout are committed....we have 10 more spots available....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JPOutfitters</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Myself and Cavscout are committed....we have 10 more spots available.... </div></div>

I thought you two were merely involved. What, you need an audience?? LOL
wink.gif

Contemplating going but have a last minute work trip that precludes my committing at this point.

You're too funny 9H! WTF? I guess I have to be more careful about how I say things
wink.gif

ViperACR is a "maybe", atleast for part of it!

So far its JP, Cav, CMS,Viper,.......lets keep it going

o.k. guys....here it is!

one of our competition shoots is going for a good cause for my wife's Avon Breast Cancer walk this summer:

Russian Masectomy

Mosin Nagant with monte carlo stock
red dot sight
2 shots for $5 each target
1 shot prone, 1 shot kneeling
closest to the center of the target wins the rifle and all remaining ammo
tiebreaker shot is standing
75 yards
you can buy as many targets for $5/2shots as you want

I have enough cots for everyone!!! You don't need to bring a cot. I have 10 complete cots now. Just bring a bag, pad/blankets, skivvies, gun, ammo, licenses, attitudes, BYOB, cash for the Russian Masectomy shoot, and plenty of skill!

JPO,

I am a new resident (7 months now) here in CO. I want to thank you for doing this sort of stuff... that is just awesome!! I would love to do something along this line for sure. I am in the middle of a remodel project at the hospital, so I am out of this one. Please keep me in mind for something in the future though. I am sure that this is going to be a total blast for all who can attend.

Happy and Safe Shooting to all Yall!!

DK

(p.s. - Beautiful target too!!)

Directions to where we will be:

I-25 into Colorado Springs
West on Cimmaron/Hwy 24 exit towards manitou springs
From Manitou its about 40 miles along hwy 24 until you get to Lake George, CO. As you cross the bridge out of Lake George, turn right on Park County 77 towards Tarryall, CO. You have about 15 miles to go at this point. Go through Tarryall, CO and head towards Tarryall Reservoir. Once you get to the falls at the spillway of Tarryall, Reservoir make an immediate left onto the dirt road that says Park County 23 that will take you up and around the backside of the reservoir. Keep to the right and stay on the main road towards Turner Gulch. Do not turn off the path and follow the signs that say Hwy24. We're actually going to be heading back towards Hwy 24 on the other side of the mountain pass. Look for the signs I'll have marked, we won't be far from here!

here is approximate map location:

38.89698 North
104.96730 West

from my National Geographic TOPO map!

Everyone is required to purchase a Habitat Stamp if you don't already have one. They are $10 for a yearly stamp and can be purchased at wally-world, dow, and anywhere you can purchase a hunting license. This area is a Habitat Stamp area and as long as EVERYONE who comes has a stamp, they will NOT require my permits and will NOT limit us to a certain number in camp. ALL are welcome!

I'm in for sure!

CMS

Hey JP whats going on for food? I can bring something along but I don't have a cooler. If you were planning on bringing food I'll just make sure I have some cash to help out with it. Also, I'll have some $5's for your competition.

So far I'm bringing my Sako, a .22, my M-4, and my glock. Gonna have about 420rnds of 5.56, about 1300rnds of .22lr, and about 200rnds of 9mm, but my problem is that I'll only have about 75rnds of .308 for the Sako. Does anyone either have a few boxes of 7.62 nato surplus I can purchase, or have a press so I can buy some components and load up the 70rnds of good brass I have sitting here. I may need a little help with the loading...haven't done much and it's been a while. Thanks!

CMS

CMS call me about reloading.

719-302-0345

I have a press but I don't have the dies.....get the dies at Sportsman's and come up tomorrow evening with Cavscout and load some up in my garage!!!

As far as coolers go.....I'll have plenty of cooler space, we were planning on brats/dogs one meal, biscuits/gravy, eggs, bacon, coffee, Coldcuts for lunch, spaghetti/garlic bread one meal......easy stuff for this trip. We'll be eating lunch Friday, Saturday, and Sunday......breakfast Saturday and Sunday...dinner Friday and Saturday. Bring snacks like trailmix and fruit from the Commisary and I'll have the rest of your meals covered.

If anyone else wants to bring something on the list let me know!

we need:
a flat of eggs.....around 36
bacon (3 packages)
sausage (3 packages)
Orange Juice
Milk
Buttermilk Biscuits (enough for 24)
drinks

if anyone wants to bring something from the list let me know.

CMS I will have my enclosed trialer and it has a rockchucker press set up in it and anything else you will need. I can throw a set of 308 dies in as well. Or I can bring a couple of extra boxes of ammo if you wish. Let me know.

gentlemen the weekend is fast approaching......I need an update on the total amount of guys coming up so I know whether or not we need both tents. Let me know!

I may be interested in stopping by... I live just south of Divide, CO... I have all my own gear and would not take up any tent space...

why would you be worried about taking up tent space? This is for our Hide members!! Just show up.....or meet us up there. Some of us are heading up that way Friday morning after we meet at the Woodland Park Wal-Mart between 0830 and 0900. Anyone else heading up that has Friday off can meet us there also. Otherwise just follow the directions and we'll see you up there. I just need a good head count by tomorrow afternoon as I'm doing our grocery shopping then!

What about wives? Is this just a guy thing? My wife is asking...

if your wife wants to come she needs to understand that there will be A LOT of guys and probably NO other women up here! Its up to her!!!

She can usually hold her own with the guys... She's a really cool chick... She might join us for Friday night campfire, and possibly spend the night (We'll bring a seperate tent...). She has to work at noon on Sat.

We'll see... We are both playing it by ear...

Jp I was thinking about coming to shoot. Only for saturday. No camping, just check it all out and shoot for the rifle. Gonna bring a friend with me as well. What time will the shooting start for that rifle?

Alright guys listen up. I have an announcement...well sort of. With premission of JP...I'd like to add some prizes to the fundraiser shoot/competition. Price can remain the same or whatever JP see's fit, but I'm adding some prizes. The following will happen pending JP's approval:

1st prize...no change. The Nagant and ammo of course!

2nd prize... New GPS-02 Grip Pod. These retail for about $150 on the net.

3rd prize... Harris 1A2 "L model" bipod new in wrapper.

Enjoy and bring lots of $5's for the shoot!

we'll plan on doing the fun shoot for the rifle and prizes say around 2pm.....mid afternoon!

we'll plan on doing the fun shoot for the rifle and prizes say around 2pm.....mid afternoon!

Unless things change work-wise, I plan on heading over Saturday morning, and spending the night. I'll toss in a bivy sack in case tent room runs short. I have one 6" steel target that I'll toss in along with some spare .308 in case the reloading fest falls through. See everyone there. Bill

Gonna try to grab some cardboard from work...it's really thick stuff. Will make a good backstop to put up for targets.

CMS

Hey JP I'll try to get over to your place after you're done getting supplies. I got royally fucked last night and didn't even get off work until 10:30pm. Call ya when I'm off.

CMS

My wife is not coming...

What do I need to worry about for sleeping arrangements?

I have all my own gear and tents, but only want to bring what is necessary...