• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Colorado - Run & Gun Semi-Auto Rifle Match (Pics)

USMC03

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2003
Colorado
www.03designgroup.com
Run and gun rifle match at the Pueblo West Sportsman's Association range on the <span style="font-weight: bold">4th Sunday of every month</span>.

-Match fee is only $15.
-Set up starts around 6:30am
-Shooters meeting and walk through is at 9:45am
-We generally shoot 3 to 4 different stages (a majority of the targets are steel targets).
-Targets from point blank range out to 425 yards.

Don't be intimidated by competition, it's a great time, and you are not competing against anyone but yourself. This match is an awesome venue to sharpen old skills and learn new skills, not to mention it's a lot of fun.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Directions to the range:</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">From Colorado Springs (Southbound I-25)</span>

-South bound on I-25 to Exit #108

-Exit on #108, at the end of the off ramp take a right onto Purcell

-Travel 4.2 miles on Purcell to Platteville Rd, and turn right onto Platteville Rd.

-Travel 2.4 miles on Platteville Rd to Cashmire Ave

-Turn Right on Cashmere ave and take the second road left to the range (Loma Ave). There are green / white signs once your reach Cashmere ave directing you to the range

Pics from last week's match.....first match of the season.....(4th Sunday of every month at the Pueblo West Sportsmans Association range):

Targets that you'll typically see at ranges from 50 yards out to around 400 yards (along with LaRue targets, steel pepper poppers, 10" round gongs, etc):
DPP_0003.jpg

DPP_0033-1.jpg

DPP_0039.jpg

DPP_0043.jpg

DPP_0020.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Talking about guns on the internet is not going to improve your shooting skills or teach you the pros and cons of your rifle / carbine and the optics and accessories you have mounted on it.</span>
wink.gif

<span style="font-style: italic">**Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with the guys that put these matches on and don't make a dime off any of these matches. I post this information in an attempt to get guys off the internet and involved in quality trigger time and the shooting sports.**</span>

Hope to see some of you at next month's match!

(Thanks to <span style="font-weight: bold">Hoser</span> and the rest of the guys for all the effort they put into these matches!!!)

Re: Colorado - Run & Gun Semi-Auto Rifle Match (Pics)

Match this coming Sunday.

Just received this via email:

<span style="font-style: italic">Just like always, the 4th Sunday means rifle shooting in Pueblo.

Plan on no less than 3 stages and 100 rounds. The 425 yard berm will be set up with flashers, MGM Flash Targets, and the Dreaded LaRue. The 300 yard berm will have some up close paper and MGM Flash targets out to 300. And the 200 yard standards will be there as well.

As far as match staff it is down to Justin and I. Chris and Craig should be there to help with set-up, but any way you look at it we are a skeleton crew. Please come out and help. Without help, the matches will go away. Just ask the IDPA shooters that thought I was joking about pulling the plug on matches...

Hoser</span>

S/F,
Jeff

Sorry for the delay in getting up the pics. Been extremely busy the last few weeks.

Another match a week from tomarrow!!!

DPP_0003copy.jpg

DPP_0004copy.jpg

DPP_0010copy.jpg

DPP_0011copy.jpg

DPP_0021copy.jpg

DPP_0044copy.jpg

DPP_0028copy.jpg

DPP_0029copy.jpg

DPP_0038copy.jpg

DPP_0039copy.jpg

Just got this via email (match this coming Sunday):

<span style="font-style: italic">This Sunday there will be yet another rifle match in Pueblo. We will be sticking with the 3 stage format of one long range (400 yards) stage, one medium range (300 yards) stage and of course the dreaded standards.

In addition to all that Justin has talked me into a rimfire side match. We might as well put all that Sportsmans Team Challenge steel to use... Plan on 2-6 inch plates out to 125 yards and maybe some bonus 1 inch plates at 50 or so yards. There will be 3 divisions. Tactical using 10 round mags. Open using 10 round plus mags and Manual Operated using whatever capacity mags/tubes you want. Optics allowed in any division. No 22 mags or 17 anything. Just good old fashioned 22 long rifle. No hyper velocity ammo like Stingers/Yellow Jackets/Velicitors ect. High velocity ammo is fine. So dust off that 10/22 or AR-15 conversion and come play.

Dont forget Sept is the annual AK vs AR match.

Good luck to everyone that is headed to DPMS.

We are going to be short on set-up help *again* this month, so please try to come out early. Hope to see you guys Sunday.

-Hoser

Pueblo Tactical Rifle matches are held on the fourth Sunday of every month, March thru Oct. Set-up begins at 7:00 and the shooting starts at 10:00. Match fee is $15.

Sniper / Prairie Dog matches are held on the 3rd Saturday of every month, March thru Oct. Set-up begins around 11:00 and the match starts around 12:00. Match fee is $10.

More details (answers to all your questions) and match pics can be found at http://www.co-ar15.com/forums/index.php
</span>

Dont forget to bring a 22 this month and an AK next month...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrButterpants</div><div class="ubbcode-body">awww I miss you guys.... </div></div>

Sure you do.

Im not falling for the bannna in the tailpipe trick again.

All is set to got for the annual AK vs AR match.

Lets see which is better.

Surplus (steel core or whatever crap you want to use) ammo is fine for this match only.

See you there.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Annual AK vs. AR Match - This Sunday!!!</span>

Got the following via email:

<span style="font-style: italic">Everything is set to go for this Sundays match.

-If you are shooting an AK and an AR, it is two matches for one price.

-Steel core and all that commie junk ammo is fine for just this match and only this match. Dont bring this ammo to any of the other rifle matches, please...

-Set-up starts around 7:00 and the match will start around 10:00. Hope to see you this weekend.</span>

Unfortunatley I'll be in a 2 day LMS Defense Carbine course on range #2 on Sunday, so I'll miss this match. Hope you guys have a good time, and I hope someone takes pics!!!

Got the following email about this Sunday's match:

<span style="font-style: italic">"Everything is set for this weekends match. Hope to see you there. This will be the last rifle match of 2009. Check your email before you leave the house just in case there is a weather cancel."</span>

does anyone do this kind of stuff in utah?

<span style="font-weight: bold">NO MATCH on Sunday March 28th</span> ... Match Directors will be out of state ... See you guys on the 4th Sunday in April

I just spoke with Lizard and the match is a go.

Pueblo didnt get any rain or snow today and the wind howled. It should be plenty dry.

Set-up starts around 7:00 and the shooting starts at 10:00.

And some pics taken by our staff Medic.

tacticalrifle01025apr10.jpg

tacticalrifle01325apr10.jpg

tacticalrifle01125apr10.jpg

tacticalrifle00925apr10.jpg

tacticalrifle00825apr10.jpg

tacticalrifle00725apr10.jpg

tacticalrifle00625apr10.jpg

tacticalrifle00525apr10.jpg

tacticalrifle00425apr10.jpg

tacticalrifle00325apr10.jpg

url]

url]

No match this Sunday. We cancelled it to make room for the Police 3-gun Championship.

See everyone bright and early Sunday.

The matches start up again 20 March.

April thru Oct they will be the fourth Sunday.

Dont forget that tomorrow is the last rifle match of 2011. Bring a rifle and 200 rounds. The new electronic gate combo is 62506. One car at a time through the gate. The gate will close on you. Hope to see you tomorrow.

A few pics from last Sundays match. I spent too much time on the timer and not enough time taking pics.

Dont be scared, even girls shoot this match. Staying at home wont help you get any better. Get out there and shoot.

Again this year these matches would not happen without everyones support and help. I could not and would not do it without everyone chipping in and helping. Special thanks to Justin for being my Assistant Match Director and doing a great job with setting things up on the shotgun berms. He designed some excellent stages this year.

See you guys next year.

Some tough offhand shooting on the shotgun berms.

DSC02800.jpg

DSC02799.jpg

Shooting a little prone on the 400 yard stage. This fellow and his father came all the way from Florida to shoot with us.

DSC02798.jpg

DSC02797.jpg

A few pics of John using the various props on the 400 yard stage.

DSC02796.jpg

DSC02795.jpg

DSC02794.jpg

Game on this Sunday. See you there.

There will not be a Tactical Rifle Match this month.

The match staff will either be shooting the Cup or the Regional ICORE match.

No match in June.

The next Tactical Rifle Match is 22 July.

Another busy weekend.

Prairie Dogs on Saturday and the Tactical Rifle Match Sunday.

See you there.

Looks like the average setup there costs more than my car haha.

What's the round count? I might just have to get a lighter upper to come play with you guys this month! (only have a 24in varmint upper right now)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pdogsbeware</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like the average setup there costs more than my car haha.

What's the round count? I might just have to get a lighter upper to come play with you guys this month! (only have a 24in varmint upper right now) </div></div>

The minimum round count is about 90-95. I normally recommend bringing 200 rounds. You dont need the 69 or 77 gn ammo. Every target out there can be hit and activated/indicated with 55s.

Leave all magnetic ammo at home.

See you guys this Sunday.

We are a little shy on set up help, so please try to come out early.

Dont forget next month is the annual AK vs AR match.

This Sunday is the Annual AK vs AR match. Time to see which rifle is better. The furthest shot will be no more than 200-250 yards and a VTAC wall will also be there.

If you shoot both guns, you only have to pay one match fee of $15.

For this Sundays match and this Sundays match only, steel core ammo is allowed.

More important than anything else, the 425 yard range will be dedicated to Captain Eddie C. Rhodes before the match. Eddie spent more time at the range than any other club member and he was almost always at the 425 yard range. He is one of the Founders of modern 3-Gun as we know it and the man behind "He-Man" division.

So grab a cigar and a couple guns and get out there.

Divisions for this match will be
He-Man
AK
AR
Open

Here is what today was about. Surrounded by Friends and Family the 425 yard range that Eddie spent so much time on was dedicated to him.

We all shared some Eddie stories and got some rifle shooting in.

DSC03291_zpsdc0ed12b.jpg

Here are a few pics from yesterdays match.

Instead of the normal (200-400 yards) distances, we pulled the targets in closer thinking some or most AK drivers might be using iron sights.

The AK was doing ok (for me anyway) as long as the targets were close and there were no mandatory reloads. Once the targets got further away, the crappy trigger and short stock kinda sealed the deal for the AR...

Up on the shotgun ranges with squad 3. Close target, 90 yards. Far target, 197 yards.

DSC03296.jpg

DSC03300.jpg

DSC03314.jpg

DSC03303.jpg

Squad 3 at the VTAC wall. The target was a full size IPSC target at 140 yards. We even had a SCAR show up.

DSC03293.jpg

DSC03322.jpg

DSC03323.jpg

DSC03327.jpg

I was the only guy on squad 3 shooting a commie gun. Mine might only be a half of a commie gun seeing as how it is a 223 AK. Hard to imagine that a 223 AK could recoil as much as a 5.45 or 7.62 but they do. The slippery buttplate made the awkward positions hard because the rifle recoiled out of my shoulder with every shot.

DSC03316.jpg

DSC03317.jpg

Next September. Be there. Put on your big girl panties and leave the excuses at home.

Everything is set for Sundays match. Plan on the usual 3 stages of tough rifle shooting. We will again run VTAC Standards, this time with an ABC Zone target at 150-ish yards.

See you there.

Thanks a ton to everyone that helped out and made this match happen while I as out of town at a match. Had Chris, Carl, Craig, Robert and Curtis not come down and covered for Justin and I, this match would not have happened. Please be sure to hug and/or kiss them the next time you see them.

SCOREKEEPERS.... When you are running the clipboard, please be sure to only write down what the timer says. Please do not do any math like adding penalties to the time. If you add in time for misses and then note misses, the shooters gets dinged twice. More than once I have seen 5+5=12 or 18 or 386... I think I was able to straighten out all the scores, but one or two may have slipped through. Let me know if you think your score is incorrect and I will get it fixed.

Now that we have wrapped up another season, please let me know what we can do to make things better. Based on input, next year we will have a Duty division for those that want to shoot with a vest/plates and whatever else you might use in the desert or in harms way.

These matches are yours. The staff just puts the targets out there.

I hope everyone has a good rest of 2012 and I hope to see everyone in March 2013.

Wow, what an awesome place to shoot you guys have, and what good use you make of it.

Your shooters may not know just how fortunate they are.

Great pics bro, and keep up the good work!

--Fargo007