• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Colt AR 15-A3 Rare?

JKaiser

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2010
N TX
I've tried searching to find information on a Colt AR 15-A3 that I have. All I can find is that it was only available to LE and military. It is stamped as such on the side. I haven't found many for sale. How do I know if it is a pre ban, something special or just a regular old crappy AR?

Re: Colt AR 15-A3 Rare?

Perry's Gun Shop up in Wendell North Carolina used to have few Colts in stock like what you are talking about. He seems to always have a line on something good when no one else seems to. I actually think the man buys stuff that he knows there will eventually be a shortage of and keeps it in the back until the shortage happens. Last thing I bought from him was a tin of 820 Federal packaged 2011 headstamped Lake City green tipped (ss109)for.... get this, $250. I actually picked up a tin for me and one for my buddy. His shop number is 919-365-4200 ask to speak with Barry he is the owner operater. Plus, he is a hell of a guy. I think he has a website if you care to look.

Re: Colt AR 15-A3 Rare?

Not sure of the designation but the early AR-15 were select fire. Later the AR-15 were changed to semi-auto only and the M-16 was used for the select fire version.

Good luck

Jerry