• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Colt wins Danish Sniper Rifle Contract

I think colt winning the contract will have possibly been swayed by the fact that CZ could possibly end up being involved. Both produce great firearms and will potentially have a great impact on for both companies.
As for the comments about old tech, it's tried, tested, reliable and can be used by idiots!
Having shot the old Diemarco M4 and the enforcer, as well as the CZ rifles. I personally think we could see something really promising in the future coming from Colt.
Being from the UK, I really miss shooting my python and 1911.

All branches of the Danish Military has been using Diemaco/Colt Canada rifles since 1995.

There has been no scandals related to procurement.

The Danish Military seem well pleased with the rifles/carbines.

So no wonder the same vendor found favor with its "finskyttegevær" (DMR rifle)

The C7A1 is designated "Gevær M/95" and the C8A1 "Karabin M/96".

In 2010 the "Karabin M/10" was introduced, basically a new and improved C8. It was procured to replace rifles and carbines worn out in Iraq and Afghanistan.

http://www.coltcanada.com/upgrades.html

https://natmus.dk/historisk-viden/t...-afghanistan/fakta-om-soldaterne/karabin-m10/

Last edited:
NATO standardized ammo means during a (real) war they default to Uncle providing -- same as the last two world wars.

Which Army ammunition plant loads 6.5 Creedmoor again?
Well, here in Finland, basically, Sako, which is our armys largest supplier.

And also, Lapua.

While 6.5 is VERY popular here, it will take some time for 308 to grow old. Over here we do not make fast movements, when the current cartridge is not broken in any way.

Last edited:
I think colt sort of suffers from the same mindset that some of the euro firms have, and at least in the same case as HK have experience finacial issues as result for the past 3 decades or so.

I think that while both Colt and HK make quality weapons, I think that they are emotionally tied to their designs and struggle to really refine their product line as somehow that would undermine the work that they did in the past.

If HK's case,
I think that the best work they probably did was the Mp5 and they never really figured out a way to bring it into the 21st century.
I think that the 416 is a solid weapon, but today, does not outperform a good DI in any metric while costing and weighing more.
I think that their Scar clone looks interesting but considering the German army passed on it for a knock off 416, I do not believe to be a gamer changer.
Lastly, why do HK piston guns weigh so much? When a small US company such as POF can produce a reliable 308 gas gun that weighs less that your 556 carbine, I think it may be time to make some refinements

In Colts case,
I think that while the m4/6920 is a great weapon, its still a something that is stuck in the early 90's. Some of this changed with the Block II program but that was not colts doing.
I think that with the amount of test data that they had on 855A1, stuff like the URG-I should of been theirs for the taking.
No real experiments with next generation coatings or gas system length
Disagree, the 6920 socom may be the most perfect AR under 2k

Well we can tell who the colt fanboys are

That's for sure

Probably the forward assist that sold it. Everyone knows Eugene was a fuckup and should have put that on the SR25.

The last thing I read on the Cz/Colt takeover is CZ doing their due diligence on the books. I am assuming a lot of it has to do with how much the creditors will give up to get something back in the merger. I can’t imagine there is much if any equity reimbursement, but mostly debt purchase but at what discount. That’s how a lot of mega-leveraged buyouts end.

Disagree, the 6920 socom may be the most perfect AR under 2k
I don't disagree with that, The M4 is awesome rifle. Personally speaking, I would prefer it over a 416 variant. Its lighter, more accurate, and shoots nicer than its euorpean counter part, and does so at a third of the price.

But, what I am saying is for as good as the M4 is compared to the 416, there are far better examples of AR development and refinement. For example the stuff the KAC and LMT are putting out. Even LWRC did a lot of good work in regards to bolt coatings. Magpul did great work with polymer mags, and stock design

Colt had every opportunity to push the design forward but for what ever reason never did so.

In regards to adoption indicating how good something may be is sort of a mixed bag, take for example the Marines and how they arrived at their current M27, It doesn't make no damn sense.(rhetorically speaking, I fulling understand how they arrived where they did)

Its not a bad rifle, but somehow they arrived at a 12lb empty configuration, with a early 2000's carbine, a 90's can, and a 2020 optic.

Something like a URG-I, SR16, or even MRP, matched with a current generation suppressor is something that is as effective/reliable, weighs almost 3lbs less than their current rifle, as well as probably costing less.

I don't disagree with that, The M4 is awesome rifle. Personally speaking, I would prefer it over a 416 variant. Its lighter, more accurate, and shoots nicer than its euorpean counter part, and does so at a third of the price.

But, what I am saying is for as good as the M4 is compared to the 416, there are far better examples of AR development and refinement. For example the stuff the KAC and LMT are putting out. Even LWRC did a lot of good work in regards to bolt coatings. Magpul did great work with polymer mags, and stock design

Colt had every opportunity to push the design forward but for what ever reason never did so.

In regards to adoption indicating how good something may be is sort of a mixed bag, take for example the Marines and how they arrived at their current M27, It doesn't make no damn sense.(rhetorically speaking, I fulling understand how they arrived where they did)

Its not a bad rifle, but somehow they arrived at a 12lb empty configuration, with a early 2000's carbine, a 90's can, and a 2020 optic.

Something like a URG-I, SR16, or even MRP, matched with a current generation suppressor is something that is as effective/reliable, weighs almost 3lbs less than their current rifle, as well as probably costing less.
Don't disagree but when you factor price, its the 6920 socom. Price matters imho

HKs problems are they spend so much on facilities, labor, r&d that they really dont make alot of profit, combined with german government restrictions. They need a US plant desperately.
Pretty sure HK opened a 50,000 sqft manufacturing center in Columbus, GA right behind their 12,000 sqft facility.. Now 50,000 sqft isn't huge, but if laid out well, could have some pretty decent capacity. Not sure what is being produced there, but their website says the VP9SK. The M110A1 is being made in Oberndorf and the deployment kit assembled in Columbus.

Reactions: CrabsandFootball
Pretty sure HK opened a 50,000 sqft manufacturing center in Columbus, GA right behind their 12,000 sqft facility.. Now 50,000 sqft isn't huge, but if laid out well, could have some pretty decent capacity. Not sure what is being produced there, but their website says the VP9SK. The M110A1 is being made in Oberndorf and the deployment kit assembled in Columbus.
Interesting. Both of my VP9SK say made in Germany and you would think the M110A1 contract would stipulate US production. Possible they are setting up for the Marine Corps issuing every rifleman a M27.

Please sweet baby lord Jesus make a domestic MP7-SF.

What's really sad is Colt has 0 presence in the US market for 308 AR and yet can will military contracts external to Canada with their offering. Seems like a lost oppurtunity, even in a crowded market, Colt brand still carries some weight

The LE901 is underrated IMO. The ambi controls are excellent and the ability to take 5.56 uppers & mags is unique. I’m surprised it isn’t more popular.

Interesting. Both of my VP9SK say made in Germany and you would think the M110A1 contract would stipulate US production. Possible they are setting up for the Marine Corps issuing every rifleman a M27.

You would think, but you see US Gov Hyundais on the road all the time, but they are "made" in Mongomery, AL. FN has been in Columbia, SC for about 30+ years, Glock is manufacturing in GA, SIG is in NH. SIG did just go thru a shit-storm over 35,000+ German-made pistols going to Columbia via USA. HK did the same thing with G36s going to Mexico.

Maybe the contract spec is written the "product" must be assembled in USA but the spec shows the "product" as having the components in the deployment kit. Who knows outside of GSA legal. As long as our guys are getting the best item for our tax dollars. That is a subject that not everyone agrees on, by any means.

Last edited:

I thought that a read somewhere that they were planning on making the CSASS in Ga, but I could be wrong. A few years back, I had a friend that was on a test with a MP7 and say it was pretty nasty. Wonder how that would translate into a semi. I would probably grab one if availble

It's easy to see why the Danes picked the C20 over the HK 417. A DI gun, when set up right, will always pounce a piston gun in accuracy (less reciprocating mass). Colt Canada improved the C901 design, it uses cheaper Magpul mags (417 mags are expensive), Geissele trigger, LMT DMR stock. I am uncertain as to the suppressor type, but if you set the gas system up right, you don't need a reflex (OSS) can to make it run.

I would love to see Colt USA introduce MRRs to the US market: https://www.coltcanada.com/mrr.html

It's stupid that they don't. Yes, Colt continues to shoot themselves in the feet. At least, they brought back the Python and some 1911 offerings.

It's easy to see why the Danes picked the C20 over the HK 417. A DI gun, when set up right, will always pounce a piston gun in accuracy (less reciprocating mass). Colt Canada improved the C901 design, it uses cheaper Magpul mags (417 mags are expensive), Geissele trigger, LMT DMR stock. I am uncertain as to the suppressor type, but if you set the gas system up right, you don't need a reflex (OSS) can to make it run.

I would love to see Colt USA introduce MRRs to the US market: https://www.coltcanada.com/mrr.html

It's stupid that they don't. Yes, Colt continues to shoot themselves in the feet. At least, they brought back the Python and some 1911 offerings.
The MRR was quite popular here in Canada when we could buy ARs. Sadly they are all banned now and we are stuck with them locked up in our safes while we wait for the government to buy them back.

The MRR was quite popular here in Canada when we could buy ARs. Sadly they are all banned now and we are stuck with them locked up in our safes while we wait for the government to buy them back.
you need to come to America and become American. as much as I love Canada, and have spent incredible amounts of time all over there, the gov't is full on retard although, we're on way to catching up. lol

you need to come to America and become American. as much as I love Canada, and have spent incredible amounts of time all over there, the gov't is full on retard although, we're on way to catching up. lol
I'd rather bail out the sinking ship but I appreciate the sentiment.

So Colt’s C20 won another contract in 2020. Not bad for an irrelevant company with no innovation. Seems they bested HK for the win.

Colt is in the process of being bought by CZ, supposed to take effect in 2021, 2Q, upon completion of some review by an obscure legal entity. Hopefully, we will see some improvements and innovations.

Reactions: Jsp556