• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Commander of the CVN Roosevelt relieved....

Actually, I did 24 years and retired 12 years ago. I've been underway on a carrier, TAD, I've been underway on an LA class sub but my sea duty was on MCM's. 220 feet of wood with a fiberglass sheathing. Max speed of 14 knots.
As far the other comments, yes he went outside the chain of command.
Yes, it is wrong.
But, having lived and breathed Navy Blue and Gold, I can tell you he likely felt he had no choice.
Some CO's put the safety and welfare of their troops at the very top.

Whats life like in a Sub I would imagine it would have the worst conditions since you can go on deck like a ship. Captain farts and you have to deal with it for weeks on end ?

Those numbers are only for people over 65. I am pretty sure that the men and women aboard a Naval Aircraft Carrier don't fit into the demographics being used to panic the sheep.

And to that bullshit of "if he saved one life"
Compromising OPSEC for one life? I really really hope you are not in charge of anything more than sanitation.
What many of you seem to be ignoring, is the fact that his group commander was aware of the problem, his fleet commander (PacFlt) was aware of the problem, SecNav was aware of the problem.
They send readiness reports on a daily basis.
This includes status of personnel, status of equipment, status of stores, ammunition, air wing etc...
Big Navy knew, he felt they weren't addressing the issue, which, as much as I love the Navy, is standard operating procedure.
They failed to act and needed a fall guy.
He just gave them the ammo to pull the trigger.

What many of you seem to be ignoring, is the fact that his group commander was aware of the problem, his fleet commander (PacFlt) was aware of the problem, SecNav was aware of the problem.
This includes status of personnel, status of equipment, status of stores, ammunition, air wing etc...
Big Navy knew, he felt they weren't addressing the issue, which, as much as I love the Navy, is standard operating procedure.

nonsense.....

the commander didn’t get the response he wanted so he went outside his Chain of Command to the media.

No excuse for what he did, the Navy nor any other branch can afford to let what he did go unpunished regardless of what his “intentions” were. We cannot afford to lose good order and discipline in our military.

Last edited:
nonsense.....

the commander didn’t get the response he wanted son he went outside his command and the Navy to the media.

No excuse for what he did
exactly, he had a fast spreading contagion on the ship that overwhelmed the medical capabilities.
So, your answer is to let enough of them die, or become so ill, that it is impossible to man the necessary engineering, operational and deck watch stations to safely navigate the ship.
Thereby, having a 1100 foot, 100,000 ton vessel drifting at sea because every one is dead or incapable of standing.
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

exactly, he had a fast spreading contagion on the ship that overwhelmed the medical capabilities.
So, your answer is to let enough of them die, or become so ill, that it is impossible to man the necessary engineering, operational and deck watch stations to safely navigate the ship.
Thereby, having a 1100 foot, 100,000 ton vessel drifting at sea because every one is dead or incapable of standing.
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

doesn’t need to make sense to you......

The ones that get to make that decision are the ones his Chain of Command. Not the media, and not the “Mothers of America”.........

Whoopie doesn’t get a say so....

Last edited:
Navy can’t just shit individual accommodations for four thousand on Guam in a day any more than the feds can shit 10k ventilators for NYC.

The first failure in command was pulling into port in an infected regions for love you long time poontang in the first place. His public drama queening to correct his initial fuck up when they didn’t shit diamonds for him wasn’t going to make miracles happen either. The man compromised national security, no matter the justification he may have thought he had, so let him burn.

interesting factoid...

The captain's bio states he was initially qualified/trained to pilot the S60 Helo. Then later in his career transitioned to fly the F18 Hornet.
In my 28 years in the USAF/USAFR/ANG the only time i heard of a Helo/Heavy pilot being selected to fly high performance fighters was:

Air National Guard unit transitioning to a fighter jet.
Air National Guard/Reserve unit needing to fill a 'quota' to appease the affirmative action hiring pressures.
Air National Guard unit 'hiring' a heavy pilot with political connections.

My pilot contacts in Navy say used to have a program to qualify RIO's to fighters but abandoned this program due to the high accident rate among these pilots

Navy can’t just shit individual accommodations for four thousand on Guam in a day any more than the feds can shit 10k ventilators for NYC.

The first failure in command was pulling into port in an infected regions for love you long time poontang in the first place. His public drama queening to correct his initial fuck up when they didn’t shit diamonds for him wasn’t going to make miracles happen either. The man compromised national security, no matter the justification he may have thought he had, so let him burn.
The Governor of Guam shit the accommodations. There were plenty of empty hotel rooms on the island.
Your point of ill-advised port call is spot on. Big Navy knew that was happening as well and did not direct hm otherwise.

Things get a little soft when you shine rainbow lights on the White House for 8 years.

hmmm....

Captain Grozier lives in San Francisco Bay area.
Is there a LGBT connection to his email getting into the hands of a San Fran newspaper?

Navy says they were making arrangements. Had 3000 beds ready on Guam, working with CO.

DO I think you can take that at full face value probably not but even so it does not dismiss his public action.

Resign, state you did so over the health and welfare of your crew, and retain your honor.

He had to know this was a career killer.

Im a stupid grunt and when I heard it last week I knew someone was getting fired.

Reactions: ShooterwithNoName

Well here’s how the crew feels.

On a side note.... some real shitty social distancing (btw this was a joke since some people are taking it seriously)

Last edited:
Oh man, there’s hundreds of FB live videos of the CO send off of him departing the ship. PR nightmare. Sailors lined all around hangar bay 2 saluting and chanting his name as he departs down the brow.

On a side note.... some real shitty social distancing

if these sailors are sooooo terrified of dropping dead from the COVID 19 then why are they violating the 'social distancing' to cheer the commander?????

MY GOD THEY ARE GOING TO SACRIFICE THEIR LIVES TO SAY GOODBYE!!

they are the next greatest generation to make such a sacrifice in honor of their commander. I tip my hat to them.

He deserved to be relieved. The sailors were NOT going to DIE from COVID19. (Unless they are age 60 + with cardiovascular diseases and other underlying medical issue..
This Captain created undo panic.

To the point of who dies from this.

Come over and tour the ICU with me. See who is proned on a ventilator.
We can review their full history and chart as well.

You will see its killing others too.

Im as surprised as anyone it is, as most viruses kill the less strong.

But my daily death list doesn't lie. Nor the lab work and xrays of patients in the ICU.

This is like a less crazy version of that movie where they take over Alcatraz. Sean Connery was in it. Ed Harris.
He didnt threaten to kill people though....

Reactions: SRPowah and Bradu
To the point of who dies from this.

Come over and tour the ICU with me. See who is proned on a ventilator.
We can review their full history and chart as well.

You will see its killing others too.

Im as surprised as anyone it is, as most viruses kill the less strong.

But my daily death list doesn't lie. Nor the lab work and xrays of patients in the ICU.

This is like a less crazy version of that movie where they take over Alcatraz. Sean Connery was in it. Ed Harris.
He didnt threaten to kill people though....

See my above post with the video....

If the sailors and Captain were so concerned about DYING then why are the STANDING shoulder to shoulder????

if these sailors are sooooo terrified of dropping dead from the COVID 19 then why are they violating the 'social distancing' to cheer the commander?????

MY GOD THEY ARE GOING TO SACRIFICE THEIR LIVES TO SAY GOODBYE!!

they are the next greatest generation to make such a sacrifice in honor of their commander. I tip my hat to them.
Just where in the fuck would they go?
They are confined to a ship.
That means smelling your neighbors ass because his rack is literally 6 inches from yours.

Just where in the fuck would they go?
They are confined to a ship.
That means smelling your neighbors ass because his rack is literally 6 inches from yours.
Shit the only separation is a thin piece of sheet metal between you and your neighbor. He’s prob never sailed or spent a night in a standard rack in a berthing. Most wont get it, just like I couldn’t understand the daily life of a Marine or Airman etc and their daily struggles in these times.

Reactions: Random_Scrub
The Captain even if hated was loved because they thought he is for us. That is the same thing that keeps the Commie Dems in office. Breaking the rules and getting elevated to near divinity for it. Even though, the harm they caused was greater than the good they did.

From Pacific Fleet Commander Adm. John Aquilino, quoted from Defensenews.com
Of the sailors who have tested positive, they continue to exhibit only mild symptoms, Aquilino said.
“I have no sailors hospitalized, I have no sailors on ventilators, I have no sailors in critical condition, no sailors in an [intensive care unit] status on Theodore Roosevelt,” he said.

My opinion first. He fucked up. He pulled a carrier into port like a whinny bitch. He back doored the chain of command. He destroyed crew confidence and they will probably end up doing a crew swap to get TR back to San Diego.

BTW: plank owner on a CVN, two CVN tours, 8 1/2 years sea time, see retired swan jockey above.

from the SECNAV
The next day, I spoke with the CO of the THEODORE ROOSEVELT myself, and this morning, I have spoken to the TR’s Carrier Strike Group Commander, RDML Stuart Baker. RDML Baker did not know about the letter before it was sent to him via email by the CO. It is important to understand that the Strike Group Commander, the CO’s immediate boss, is embarked on the Theodore Roosevelt, right down the passageway from him. The letter was sent over non- secure, unclassified email even though that ship possesses some of the most sophisticated communications and encryption equipment in the Fleet.

It was sent outside the chain of command, at the same time the rest of the Navy was fully responding. Worse, the Captain’s actions made his Sailors, their families, and many in the public believe that his letter was the only reason help from our larger Navy family was forthcoming, which was hardly the case.

As far as secure communications go; multiple secure voice lines, secure Video Tele Conferencing, along with secure email. If this went to the press he either sent it or we will see another "retirement" soon.

As far as secure communications go; multiple secure voice lines, secure Video Tele Conferencing, along with secure email. If this went to the press he either sent it or we will see another "retirement" soon.

Secure email like Anthony Weiner's laptop ?

Lol you believe there’s ANY chance of social distancing on any Navy vessel?

If he was sooo concerned about the sailors dying from COVID19 (as he is quoted that sailors will die) then he might have had the sailors lined up and ready to flee the ship as soon as it pulled into port in Guam. Instead they are still hanging out shoulder to shoulder to give him a cheerful sendoff.

IMO he was out to make a political statement..

Next up for ex Captain Grozier... talking head expert on CNN/MSNBC

Actually, I did 24 years and retired 12 years ago. I've been underway on a carrier, TAD, I've been underway on an LA class sub but my sea duty was on MCM's. 220 feet of wood with a fiberglass sheathing. Max speed of 14 knots.
As far the other comments, yes he went outside the chain of command.
Yes, it is wrong.
But, having lived and breathed Navy Blue and Gold, I can tell you he likely felt he had no choice.
Some CO's put the safety and welfare of their troops at the very top.

Then he can accept whatever comes down with his head held high.

A couple things

One, I never said the sailors were that sick. Just made the point that not all the folks are 60+ or have comorbids.

Two, if they had already been on the ship moving around before showing symptoms, many had already been exposed.

Im not weighing in on the other situation much. I have a strong sense of right and wrong, as well as duty. I get crap happens and some of it is really bad.

I also think having had some leaders in my life, that some are strong and some are not and were appointed because they were smart enough and really good at kissing butt. Seems without a catastrophic illness, this fella went way out of bounds and deserves what he gets, maybe more.

We HAVE to be strong on the world front militarily right now. No choice.

anyways. Have a good one.

The last thing we need right now if the fucking media playing our military against its leadership. Are we seriously purposefully trying to completely destroy everything about our country right now?!?!?!

People need to get a fucking grip and they need to do it ASA-Fucking-P

The military doesn’t need any help from the bleeding hearts and crying eyes of America...

Mind your business and move the fuck along...

Maybe I’m not reading into this enough, or jumping to enough conclusions... but who said he sent the memo to someone that was not authorized to receive it? It just says, “outside his chain of command.”

Now, admeditly, I’m not very Navy savoy but I do understand how chains of command work. I also understand that if I was planning an op in someone else’s battle space, I’d cc them on the opord, based on the presumed need to know, and their proper clearances.

He pulled into port when his commander in chief is saying “this is all a big fat joke” and his sailors start getting sick, well this is bad. Then Maybe he looked at his theater board and said... “huh, theses ships here and there about westpac might want to know what is going onboard Roosevelt, so they can mitigate some risk.” So he cc’s those skippers. Then someone onboard one of those ships leaked it. Is that too hard to fathom?

The tinfoil hats are strong on this forum. So quick to make snap decisions based on less than complete information. Just “hang him high” without knowing what actually happened. I’d hate to be on a jury with some of you folks.

Reactions: GoolsbyMD
Maybe I’m not reading into this enough, or jumping to enough conclusions... but who said he sent the memo to someone that was not authorized to receive it? It just says, “outside his chain of command.”

Now, admeditly, I’m not very Navy savoy but I do understand how chains of command work. I also understand that if I was planning an op in someone else’s battle space, I’d cc them on the opord, based on the presumed need to know, and their proper clearances.

He pulled into port when his commander in chief is saying “this is all a big fat joke” and his sailors start getting sick, well this is bad. Then Maybe he looked at his theater board and said... “huh, theses ships here and there about westpac might want to know what is going onboard Roosevelt, so they can mitigate some risk.” So he cc’s those skippers. Then someone onboard one of those ships leaked it. Is that too hard to fathom?

The tinfoil hats are strong on this forum. So quick to make snap decisions based on less than complete information. Just “hang him high” without knowing what actually happened. I’d hate to be on a jury with some of you folks.

Doesn’t have to be over complicated. It’s simple, if he went outside of his COC then he needs to get handled regardless what his “intentions” were.......

Reactions: Ravenworks
You missed the part where the addressee of the email was berthed a few doors down on the same ship. Sent via unsecured email when he could talk to the man in person? Could have dropped a hand written letter? Could have sent a secure email? No, it was sent over non-secure lines for a reason...

Maybe read the Secretaty of the Navy's statement I posted. Apply critical thinking to encrypted communications. I won't hold lack of military experience against you. I know "the bad orange man", but I think you're smarter than that.

Reactions: HogsLife
Secure email like Anthony Weiner's laptop ?

Maybe I'm missing some sarcasm but our unclassified traffic is still encrypted. The correct title for the source would be "inside threat" with specific charges for espionage.

I'm a former US Navy officer. Graduate of the United States Naval Academy. Graduate of the US Navy's Nuclear Propulsion Program. Qualfied as a Surface Warfare Officer on a frigate where part of my duties were to act as cryptographic material custodian. And served on an aircraft carrier for two years as an engineering division officer and Propulsion Plant Watch Officer.

I think I'm more than qualified to tell you that you don't know shit from shinola, that you need to stay in your lane, and that you need to just shut the fuck up before you further embarrass yourself.

Talk about tin foil hats........

On a side note.... some real shitty social distancing (btw this was a joke since some people are taking it seriously)

Since when does the opinions of a bunch of immature, uninformed, junior enlisted personnel matter?

Almost none of them possess the knowledge or judgement to understand WTF is going on.

I've been there and done that. Have you?

I'm a former US Navy officer. Graduate of the United States Naval Academy. Graduate of the US Navy's Nuclear Propulsion Program. Qualfied as a Surface Warfare Officer on a frigate where part of my duties were to act as cryptographic material custodian. And served on an aircraft carrier for two years as an engineering division officer and Propulsion Plant Watch Officer.

We know, we know already, believe me we know.................

• Haha
Reactions: uffduh
All of the bullshit of tight spaces and quarters on the ship is true. Except for the fact that they have a very good medical facility right there with doctors and everything. Fucking imagine that. And if they needed to quarrentine a couple of people they can do it. If the Chief medical officer says that's what is needed. They will make a space.
All this bleeding heart shit for this POS is sickening. He knew exactly what he was doing. If he didn't, then he should be fired for being incompetent and should never have had the job in the first place.
The Kenyan did a good job at purging the top brass.