• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Concealed Carry: What is your setup?

Metal Gear

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2014
Ohio
I'm curious as to what some of you are using for a concealed carry setup. Hopefully the majority of you live in a state which allows for it, and you legally do so.

Here is what my setup has been for several months now... Springfield Armory XDS-9 3.3 in an IWB kydex holster from PJHolster.com. I also typically carry a spare extended magazine for it as well. I am using Hornady Critical Defense 115 grain FTX ammunition. I carry the firearm at about the 4 o'clock position. I have a couple different options for carrying handguns, but I find myself using this setup 90% of the time lately.

I switched to the Dan Wesson Guardian in 45 quite some time ago. I carry it in the Nate Squared Tactical. Very comfortable!

NateTacticalDanWesson.jpg

Last edited:
Glock 27 with pinky extender in a remora at about 4:30. Occasionally carry an extra Glock 23 magazine but honestly most times I dont.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I switched to the Dan Wesson Guardian in 45 quite some time ago. I carry it in the Nate Squared Tactical. Very comfortable!

NateTacticalDanWesson.jpg

Beautiful carry piece! Do you ever find the beavertail bothering you while you are sitting in a chair or in the car?

G42/Glaco king tuck delux, also have a SHTF IWB that works well....

Anyone have a suggestion on the use of holster in your car/truck? I'd like to mount a holster underneath my steering wheel panel without any major alterations. I may just use some 3m Velcro and a flat backed holster to stick up under there (hidden but still easy to retrieve).

G42/Glaco king tuck delux, also have a SHTF IWB that works well....

Anyone have a suggestion on the use of holster in your car/truck? I'd like to mount a holster underneath my steering wheel panel without any major alterations. I may just use some 3m Velcro and a flat backed holster to stick up under there (hidden but still easy to retrieve).

I've seen one like this. Just can't remember who makes it.

Carry set up

G26, FOBUS double mag pouch, 115g Winchester silver tips, Belt slide custom made holster by a friend of mine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 26
S&W 442 in a back woods leather iwb holster at about 1 o'clock
two spare speed strips in my right pocket
and a LED pen light in my left rear pocket.

OD gen3 G26 in a Fobus paddle owb holster, Surefire Fury 500 lumen light, Strider SMF, Benchmade mini Presidio auto, a pair of Costa Del Mar Shades, and some Oakley desert tan combat boots.

When I'm out of my home state and can actually carry it is a HK45C in a Minotaur at about 4:30 with a flat baseplate. No extra mag. Oh and my ZT and a E1B surefire.

Concealed Carry: What is your setup?

Mostly carry a glock 30s at 3:30 in a Harwell iwb, and a spare 13 round in matching holder.

Picture shows 10 round magazine but now carry with a flush fit.

7y5u5e8a.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399513789.488192.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399513789.488192.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Sig P220 Dark Elite TB in a Comp Tac Minotaur holster at the 3 o'clock. Comp Tac double mag pouch at the 9 o'clock on a Galco leather belt. Insight Typhoon flashlight in a pocket.

Glock 19 Gen 4 with Trijicon HD sights in Safariland ALS OWB paddle holster 3 O'clock position, running gold dot 124 gr. 9mm +P. Also carry an extra mag, Benchmade mini Auto Stryker and Surefire EB2 backup light.

FN 5.7 MkII - 20rnds SS190 Black Tip AP - DBAL-PL Dual Vis/IR Laser - Trijicon RM06 RMR

N82 IWB Holster

Edit: My old setup is a H&K .40 USP Compact Tactical - Burris Fast Fire III - N82 IWB Holster

Horsehide Crossbreed supertuck IWB, gen 3 Glock 23, spare mag in either a vertical leather open top, or a nylon horizontal velcro secured holder. Benchmade clipped in the pocket, and streamlight stylus pro flashlight in other pocket.

Wow, that is some choice of a setup for a daily concealed carry pistol! I figured there would be quite the variety of firearms that are carried in concealment posted to this forum but did not expect an FN 5.7, let alone one outfitted with a red dot and laser. More power to you sir. I for one would be a little concerned with over penetration with that pistol and cartridge choice, but I could be wrong.

Post a picture if you get a chance, I would love to see the setup!

FN 5.7 MkII - 20rnds SS190 Black Tip AP - DBAL-PL Dual Vis/IR Laser - Trijicon RM06 RMR

N82 IWB Holster

Edit: My old setup is a H&K .40 USP Compact Tactical - Burris Fast Fire III - N82 IWB Holster

I too have a Glock 19 (Gen 3) that I carry seldomly. I carry the XDS-9 now mostly because it is an overall smaller package and more comfortable for my day to day routine. At first I hated giving up the capacity, but the XDS being so slim and easy to carry made me forget about that. Also, with the G19 I never carried a spare mag, but with the XDS I do to give me 17 rounds at my disposal. By the way, when Glock decides to finally put out a single stack 9mm I will probably be all over it.

Glock 19 in a Redstone Concealment kydex holster (IWB or OWB depending on my mood), G17 mag as a backup
https://www.facebook.com/RedstoneConcealment

no pics on this computer but I'll try to add them in later

Wow, that is some choice of a setup for a daily concealed carry pistol! I figured there would be quite the variety of firearms that are carried in concealment posted to this forum but did not expect an FN 5.7, let alone one outfitted with a red dot and laser. More power to you sir. I for one would be a little concerned with over penetration with that pistol and cartridge choice, but I could be wrong.

Post a picture if you get a chance, I would love to see the setup!

I have found red dots to be more necessary. I had shrapnel removed from my eye, and while focusing to long range isn't hard. Rapidly changing focus isn't what it used to be. It is most likely over kill, but ill take the high fps, flat trajectory it offers. I did switch from a Streamlight TLR-2G which I would recommend. I know the laser isn't in line with the barrel, but I use the laser for rapid acquisition (one eye isn't so great) not for precision shooting. I will weigh the hand gun fully loaded with 20rnd, and with 30rnd later, then compare it to the H&K. Also as a side note, this is the handgun that stays at my bedside when I sleep, hence the laser/light. Its more dual purpose than for concealed carry only.

if going out for the day XDS 3.3 9mm in a custom kydex holder made locally. Added the PRP spring kit and a pinky extender to smooth the trigger and give me a bit more accuracy. If ill going to be out at night i take my M&P45 with x300 in a raven concealment holster.

sti ls9, galco iwb. loaded up with +p hornady defense ammo. and my benchmade pocket knife. never know when you have to cut a motherfucker.... :)

I carry a Sig Scorpion traditional fullsize 1911 in a White hat IWB and a Galco leather mag holder with an extra 8rds.

M&p shield. 9 mm, spare 8rd mag. 147 gr Winchester ranger t-series. Custom holster I made out 0 black hawk waist band holster and clip from a foxx kydex glock holster. Bought and sold numerous pistols: xds45 pm9 lc9 sig p250sc glock26 and they were either to small, to fat, or to low of round capacity. Shield has been my happy medium of size, round count, and accuracy for concealed carry . I've also bought n8squared, Foxx, and versacarry holster and didn't like any. Kydex only is uncomfortable, n8 nylon is extremely comfortable but difficult to re-holster, n8's professional is nice but bulky and hate the whole twist to draw, especially in a defense situation. Finally after trial and error making my on worked the best.

Either a SIG P220, or an HK USP Compact in .45, with 230gr Speer Gold Dot. 2 spare mags on opposite hip.

They all ride in leather gear (IWB holsters usually, along with mag carriers and belts) from R Grizzle Leather - Home

Always have a Spyderco Wayne Goddard Jr. or Para-Military 2 and a Surefire 6P.

Smith and Wesson Shield 9mm with an Alien Gear Holster. I forget its there its so comfortable and light. And an extra mag on the side just in case.

I have found red dots to be more necessary. I had shrapnel removed from my eye, and while focusing to long range isn't hard. Rapidly changing focus isn't what it used to be. It is most likely over kill, but ill take the high fps, flat trajectory it offers. I did switch from a Streamlight TLR-2G which I would recommend. I know the laser isn't in line with the barrel, but I use the laser for rapid acquisition (one eye isn't so great) not for precision shooting. I will weigh the hand gun fully loaded with 20rnd, and with 30rnd later, then compare it to the H&K. Also as a side note, this is the handgun that stays at my bedside when I sleep, hence the laser/light. Its more dual purpose than for concealed carry only.

the SS190 is a nasty little round. You can put rounds on target with a 5.7 much easier than most pistols, and hits are what matters.

It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I wouldn't feel undergunned with 50 rounds on my hip of fast, flat shooting AP pills.

I carry a custom 1911 that was built in the commander format with a bobtail mainspring housing and it was chambered for 9mm (124gr HP). I carry it at the 4oclock poistion and one extra mag. If you want more details let me know I love talking specs about my firearms.

I'm in the process of getting my CCW permit......registering a Sig P938 and Glock 19.

x2. Ill be running an XDs and Sig 220combat both in 45 inside a CompTac Minotaur IWB. Havent played with carry positions yet but will soon. Also running their belt and will be running a dual mag pouch opposite side of carry.

the SS190 is a nasty little round. You can put rounds on target with a 5.7 much easier than most pistols, and hits are what matters.

It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I wouldn't feel undergunned with 50 rounds on my hip of fast, flat shooting AP pills.

Yeah the problem is finding them. Plus the 30 round magazine is big, stupid big. I do carry a second magazine in the car though. The SS190 rounds seem to be near to impossible to track down these days, when you do find them, you pay a price. So mine are reserved for defense only, no training. For training I just use the SS198 rounds. Zero recoil (relatively speaking), 20 rounds a magazine, makes for a nasty day. The flat shooting is another reason I switched. The hold over even at 100 yards will catch you off guard. If you zero at 100 yards, you get about 1/2 inch of rise at about 50, then its back to 100, then out to 200 you see about 5 1/2 inch drop. So 1/2 high, to 5 1/2 low with a zero at 100 isn't bad at all. The ss190 is not really that far off either as long as you train with the 198. So your talking about pretty much if your dots on it, your going to hit it. You do have to deal with a little bit of a larger weapon though. Its 1 1/2 inches longer than the .40 compact. and about 1 inch longer than a 45 compact. However its lighter than both the .40 and the .45 and has less felt recoil than either as well. That and you can reload using .223 ammo. Standard green tips are about twice the weight, but it will fire them just fine.

Gen4 Glock 19 in a Raven Concealment Vangard 2.

Hope to add a trijicon RMR by the end of the year.

Who is John Galt?

Gen4 Glock 19 in a Raven Concealment Vangard 2.

Hope to add a trijicon RMR by the end of the year.

Who is John Galt?

Is this a weapon that gets a lot of use and abuse? if your gentle on it, the burris fast fire III is just as good. I own both, the Trijicon is great, I prefer the RMR06 due to its 3.25, but if your not hard on your weapons, I suggest the Burris, save yourself some money.

While I don't abuse my weapons, I'd rather have the RMR and pay the extra money. If your only going to have one, might as well use the best.

Who is John Galt?

Here is another one of my carry setups. This is my smallest package, works well for some occasions and just times where I want to carry as light as possible. Setup is a Diamonback DB380 with a Crimson Trace laser and Traction Grips. It is loaded with 90 grain Gold Dots and is carried in a De Santis Nemesis pocket holster. Also pictured is my everyday flashlight, a Streamlight Micro Stream. The blade pictured is my Spyderco Sage 1, which is one of my favorites.