• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Concealed Carry: What is your setup?

Sig 938 in a crossbreed mini tuck or Desantis pocket holster, Sig 229 any other time when clothing will allow it. Also always have a benchmade on me.

S&w model 360 Scandium 357 weighing 12 ounces in a pocket holster. The gun has night sites an action job and a full hand grip, it's accurate way past what I 5th ought a snub nose was capable of. In town I load 4 38+p and the last a full power 125 gr 357 so I know it's time to reload, and if it's on two or four legs and has taken 4 38+p's and is still fighting it's time for the king of the fbi one shot stop statistics to finish things. If I'm out in the country first round is snake shot. 2-3 strips with more ammo, along with a Leatherman wingman, lightweight Fenix flashlight, a Bic lighter, and a mora fixed blade knife. A lot a everyday tools at under 2 lbs on my belts and pockets......I just got a Blackhawk retention paddle holster and love it just not sure if it is in town concealable but it's great for in the country and when hunting.

Question was asked in the past - here is the answer

I didn't forget about you, I just lost the post. As to size comparison. The 5-7 is just a little smaller than the HK 45 Tactical, or the FNX 45 Tactical. Almost the same size as a standard 1911. Weight wise its less weight (with the laser/light) attached. The HK USP 40 Compact is almost the same size as the RUGER SR9C with the small magazine (10 round) in the Ruger. So to anser your question its about the same size as a 45, but weighs less even with the 45 naked, and the 5-7 with a light on it. It holds more rounds, weighs less, and is thinner, but just as long. If your looking at the H&K 45 tactical its the same length as without the threaded barrel just about. When comparing to the Compact model handguns like the H&K 40 Compact, the 5-7 is the same height, same width, about 1 and 1/2 inches longer, and holds 8 more rounds. and weighs 1/2lb or more less depending on your load. (with the light on the weapon, and the other weapons naked). It even feels lighter than the Ruger SR9C compact. And I believe it is lighter by about .1 or .2 oz unloaded. When loaded the 5-7 has a bigger advantage.

i actually switch between 2 of my favorite handguns.

1. Kimber Pro Covert 2 in a Crossbreed supertuck
2. Springfield XD45 in a Crossbreed supertuck

Both worn about 2'o clock loaded with either Hornady TAP or Federal Hydroshocks

Tried a few different holsters and i'll recommend the Crossbreed to anyone willing to listen.

Carried a Glock 23 in a Sidearmor IWB for 8 years. I prefer to carry right around the 3:30-4:00 position and chose a holster with forward cant. The Sidearmor has been a comfortable holster and conceals well. Switched to a G19 last year. Still happy.

Springfield XDs 45 on my inside ankle with a galco holster and an extra 7 rd mag on the other.

I've got a bad back, so the IWB doesn't really work well for me.

M&Pc 9mm in SHTF IWB holster, extra 17 rnd mag in kydex holster on left side and a Kershaw Scallion. I switch to the FS M&P in cooler months just to add the addional sight radius and ammo. All mags loaded with 147+p hollow points.

Springfield XDM 3.8 40cal in shoulder holster with s&w Featherweight 38 in ankle holster. If wearing shorts usually just the 38, or a Sig P238 w/laser.

I prefer carrying a full size 45. My IWB setup is a XDm 45 4.5" in a Crossbreed Supertuck at 4 o'clock. A simple tshirt over will conceal it nicely with no printing unless I bend over at the waist. My OWB is a FNX 45 Tactical or a 1911 5" (whichever I feel like). In the winter I have a jacket over it and in the summer I use a 5.11 vest to conceal the gun and an extra magazne on the support side. I also carry a backup on the left ankle. The current choice is a Kimber Solo.

I just picked up a Glock 42. Bought a holster from a guy I found on Youtube his company is Called Holster Pro. I would Highly recommend him. It's an IWB leather with a simple belt clip. Rides at about 4 o'clock and it's been working out really well for me. Love the setup so far and the gun has been flawless since the first pull of the trigger. I'm carrying the Hornady Critical Defense which is decent out of a .380.

Full size m&p 9mm, Galco King Tuk @ 4:00, 5.11 tactical belt, Remington UMC 115gr hollow point.

Kimber Stainless Pro TLE II 4.25" .45ACP for OWB. Summertime carry is a smith and wesson 642 airweight in a pocket holster.

I don't have a set up other than seasonal. Cold weather a Bulgarian Makarov PM. In warmer weather a S&W .38 442.

yall wizards tellin me aint nunya stuffin an ar pistol in yer tennis bag wif a smoov micro rigga mags and ifak shiz? really? shameful cuz

Last edited:
yall wizards tellin me aint nunya stuffin an ar pistol in yer tennis bag wif a smoov micro rigga mags and ifak shiz? really? shameful cuz

9e9u4uvu.jpg

Like this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glock 19 in a galco king tuk at 430 position.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Carrying a SIG P220 Combat tb; have to wear suspenders though ;)

I probably look like a giant faggot, but i got the 220 damn near new for only 800.
I usually rock button up shirts with rolled sleeves in any weather, so I tuck my undershirt in, put on a hybrid custom kydex holster, a stiff leather belt and suspenders with my overshirt over it all. Doesn't print a bit and feels good at the 4 o'clock. Carrying full sized IS doable!

Carrying a SIG P220 Combat tb; have to wear suspenders though ;)

I probably look like a giant faggot, but i got the 220 damn near new for only 800.
I usually rock button up shirts with rolled sleeves in any weather, so I tuck my undershirt in, put on a hybrid custom kydex holster, a stiff leather belt and suspenders with my overshirt over it all. Doesn't print a bit and feels good at the 4 o'clock. Carrying full sized IS doable!

Whatever works. It's not supposed to be confortable, its supposed to be comforting. Or something like that.

I carry a sig p938 scorpian in a bravo concealment RTT holster. Benchmade 810 contego, stream light flashlight, leatherman micra all come along for the ride as well.

Fnx 45 with trijicon night sights , custom leather holster and a surefire x300U. I used to carry a 1911 with extra mags, but the fnx45 holds 16 rounds so...

Colt 1911

I haven't been carrying that long. I just got my CCW in February. I carry a Colt Gov't Model in an Alien Gear holster.

Attachments

• Alien Gear 007.jpg
    Alien Gear 007.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 21
I carry a M&P Compact 9mm in a INCOG with mag caddy. Love that holster... seriously impressed with it.

Damn, I feel like a hobo. Chopped down OLD Charter Arms Bulldog .44 S/S in a DeSantis "spandex" ankle holster.

summer-springfield xd compact .40, ranger T 180gr,xs bigdot's, sog snarl & vulcan. surefire z2. north american rescue ccrk is in whatever truck i'm in, and goes with in woods, shooting range, alien gear iwb.

winter/cool weather is a RIA/ VZ grip, 10mm with underwood 165gr speer GD. kholster iwb, my own combat cut.

wife carries taurus 709 slim, 127 ranger T, in foxx iwb. gerber gator, surefire z2.

will post pics this evening

I always carry concealed to keep my tactical advantage. Love the Glock 40 mid size.

I've carried my XDs .45 for along time now,, love it. I keep a spare single 7 rd mag on the other hip. Loaded with my old hoarded Black Talons.
Those shorter (5 in .45)mags REALLY benefit from the Pearce Grips pinky extenders,, you'll never take them off.

Pearce Grips Armory

PG-XDS twords the bottom. You're welcome.

Springfield Armory XD-s as well .45 cal of course loaded with 230gr. Speer Gold Dots. One spare mag and a Kershaw flip open 3 1/2" pocket knife that will shave your arm.

Kimber Stainless Pro Carry in .45 ACP. Meprolight Tritium night sights. 3lb trigger.
Milt Sparks Versa Max II IWB horsehide holster in shark trim.
Benchmade Mel Pardue 3550 Auto.
G-Code paddle mag pouch.
BladeTech Looper series 1.5" double thick reinforced carry belt ( not pictured )
230gr Federal Jacketed Hollow Points.

No pics but this is what I carry every day

CZ P-07
Winthrop IWB or KT-Mech modular OWB
Extra 15 rnd mag in JM Kydex clip on mag pouch
Either a Wilderness Instructor 5 stitch or Beltman dual layer bullhide belt
Ammo: Speer Gold Dot or Winchester Ranger, 147 gr

OR
CZ 75BD
Winthrop OWB holster
Extra 16 rnd mag in JM Kydex clip on mag pouch
Ammo: Speer Gold Dot or Winchester Ranger, 147 gr

OR
4" S&W Model 64
K&D Holsters Cochise Defender IWB or O'Rourke OWB leather holsters
Safariland Comp II speedloader in a Simply Rugged belt splitter pouch
Ammo: Buffalo Bore .38 S&W Special +P, 158 gr LSWCHP

OR
3" S&W Model 65
K&D Holsters Cochise Defender IWB or O'Rourke OWB leather holsters
Safariland Comp II speedloader in a Simply Rugged belt splitter pouch
Ammo: Speer Gold Dot .357 Magnum or Federal .357 Magnum semi jacketed HP, both 125 gr. If I feel I might need more penetration, Hornady .357 Magnum, 158 gr JHP.

OR
S&W Model 637
Comp Tac CTAC IWB or O'Rourke OWB leather holsters
Safariland Comp I speedloader in a Simply Rugged belt splitter pouch
Ammo: Remington .38 S&W Special +P, 158 gr LSWCHP

Last edited:
It depends on the bend of my paranoia but either a HK45c with 10 round mag or a CZ 75sp01 with the 18 round mag. I carry both in a cheap ass uncle mikes soft holster in my back.