• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Coti battery packs

Gents, just following up to see if any progress was made with the external battery cables packs for the COTI?
I've seen some guys post on the night vision Facebook groups that they've got some battery packs for sale. One mentioned tacswap.

Well, I've been reluctant to post about these until we thought we had a path to make more, but alas, no path to make more has panned out, so I'm actually going to post in hopes maybe someone CAN help.

About 3-4 years ago, a friend and I made some COTI plugs that run on USB batteries. I went through all my pics and I don't have a good pic, maybe I did a while back but I don't now. And all my plug related stuff is packed in boxes, since we're moving.

Here's a crappy pic. I'll make a better one, once I get a chance. They do work fine in the field, I've got two of them and have used them for years.

51792511489_c8679acb7f_c.jpg

We made about a dozen for "friends and family". And we have the solid works drawings files. What we need is someone to print the parts. If you think you can print the parts, PM me and we can discuss. The first step would be to make two prototype sets of parts, then send then we will assemble and test. We'll repeat that if needed until the testing is successful and then we can do a production run.

The big key is have a regulated cable as the COTI's want 3v ... so we have to step down the voltage in the cable, but that's the cable. All we need is someone to print the parts for the plug, we can do the rest. The guy that printed the parts originally isn't interested in printing any more parts.

As to E-COTI, I've never touched one, but if the battery cap is the same size as the COTI and the threads are the same, then the COTI solution will work for the E-COTI as well.

Who, What, Where, How, Now, Brown Cow and I can assemble the plugs and make the cables, but we need someone to print the parts. PM if you think you can help.

Thanks! :D

Last edited:
It has been confirmed to me from someone who has both the ECoti and Pas 29 COTI that the threads and caps are exactly the same.

And I personally know that the threads and caps for the TACS M and Pas 29 COTI are the same.

So the plugs for the external system will fit and run all 3 versions of the COTI that are out there.

Slightly off topic but that means someone could make a battery extender for both to run 16650 similar to mod armory’s breach extender.

Slightly off topic but that means someone could make a battery extender for both to run 16650 similar to mod armory’s breach extender.
Negative. The 16650's come off the charger at 4.2 Volts which is too hot for the COTI.

You have to be at 3.6 Volts or less when going through the battery housing portion of the COTI as it does not have a step down voltage regulator going in that way.

I was the guy that took the Breach Extender idea and preliminary test data too Mod Armory.

They did an excellent job polishing it out and putting it into the market as they do with all of their products.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smeeg
would CNC metal caps work? Joe, reach out to our mutual friend. He recently developed another accessory for the COTI & ecoti (one that allows it to clip infront of a Nightvision clip on) (Pvs24/24LR, UNSSR & PVS30) anyway he is set up with a world class gunsmith/ machinist that could probably churn these out.

Wig is the designer and person who had these plugs and cables made.

I was a field guinea pig tester.

They work extremely well. With a Anker Candy Bar rechargeable battery I am getting about 20 hours continuous run time.

I just take the original battery cap and rubber band it around the plug so that you can still use conventional CR123 batteries at any time for redundancy emergency battery backup if need be.

1641086267778.jpeg

1641086542508.png

1641087285778.png

1641087381867.png

1641087485030.png

1641087595946.jpeg

1641087671928.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Smeeg and jwramp
A CNC cap, with a through hole to mount a DC jack. Then a spacer with a DC voltage regulator installed to take the place of the battery. Now you use a DC to USB cable.

The cap is a weird double start Acme, so I’ve not tried making one.

• Love
Reactions: WhereNow&How
I really need one of these. Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge or tools to help with making them. There's a dude on arfcom, username gaspain, that seems to have built a pretty good reputation for himself printing sionyx aurora bridges. It might be worth reaching out to him to see if he could make the needed part.

Reactions: WhereNow&How
I really need one of these. Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge or tools to help with making them. There's a dude on arfcom, username gaspain, that seems to have built a pretty good reputation for himself printing sionyx aurora bridges. It might be worth reaching out to him to see if he could make the needed part.
Well neither myself or Joe are on that forum. Maybe you could facilitate getting his contact number and getting it to Joe (wigwamitus).

Joe has all the data files and parts list in hand to make them, so the tough part has already been fleshed out by him.

The Chief just needs some Indians with some skills.

Reactions: rlsmith1
I wonder how special of a 3d printer you need to do something like the parts you are talking about?

My son has a 3D printer and I don't know much about them. He's currently enjoying his chemical engineering classes, but if his is capable I'm sure it is something he could take some time to crank a couple of them out with. I would just have to see if his 3D printer meets the requirements.

Well, I've been reluctant to post about these until we thought we had a path to make more, but alas, no path to make more has panned out, so I'm actually going to post in hopes maybe someone CAN help.

About 3-4 years ago, a friend and I made some COTI plugs that run on USB batteries. I went through all my pics and I don't have a good pic, maybe I did a while back but I don't now. And all my plug related stuff is packed in boxes, since we're moving.

Here's a crappy pic. I'll make a better one, once I get a chance. They do work fine in the field, I've got two of them and have used them for years.

51792511489_c8679acb7f_c.jpg

We made about a dozen for "friends and family". And we have the solid works drawings files. What we need is someone to print the parts. If you think you can print the parts, PM me and we can discuss. The first step would be to make two prototype sets of parts, then send then we will assemble and test. We'll repeat that if needed until the testing is successful and then we can do a production run.

The big key is have a regulated cable as the COTI's want 3v ... so we have to step down the voltage in the cable, but that's the cable. All we need is someone to print the parts for the plug, we can do the rest. The guy that printed the parts originally isn't interested in printing any more parts.

As to E-COTI, I've never touched one, but if the battery cap is the same size as the COTI and the threads are the same, then the COTI solution will work for the E-COTI as well.

Who, What, Where, How, Now, Brown Cow and I can assemble the plugs and make the cables, but we need someone to print the parts. PM if you think you can help.

Thanks! :D
PM sent.

Now that I've wrapped up my project for the external battery adapter for Trijicon REAP-IR, decided to move to see what I can do for COTI.

First step is try to duplicate the weird ACME-like double-start thread, 3D printed to test fitment:

coti.JPG

Next step is to look into down regulating the voltage, I think I want to have the voltage regulation built-in and give it USB-C so you can just use any power bank.

Now that I've wrapped up my project for the external battery adapter for Trijicon REAP-IR, decided to move to see what I can do for COTI.

First step is try to duplicate the weird ACME-like double-start thread, 3D printed to test fitment:

View attachment 7782756

Next step is to look into down regulating the voltage, I think I want to have the voltage regulation built-in and give it USB-C so you can just use any power bank.
Very Interesting!

Great to hear. I’d love a solution where there were battery caps/plugs for a bunch of different devices that had a voltage step-down to 3V inside. Then just a USB-C female socket or a tail with -C male on it to run back to a battery pack. Would be great to just keep everything topped off with the high-density battery packs that are so much cheaper than the factory options.

Current plan we have working with Wig is to put the regulator in the cable and use a standard DC plug. The DC plug is more secure than and USB plug. When I get all the printed parts here I'll look into putting the regulator into the cap assembly. That would let you use a standard USB to DC cable of any length. The downside is each cap assembly would be more expensive with the addition of the regulator. Plus/minus for every possible solution.

It lives !! :D

It lives !! :D

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL.

You guys did a fabulous job on these. And at a very fair price. 😀

This is a game changer for COTI owners.