• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision COTI USB Power adapters, Gen II

CoryT

Gunsite Rangemaster
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 5, 2004
    Paulden, AZ
    www.gunsite.com
    Batch of Gen II adapters on the bench for testing. These will ship next week, available exclusively at Strictly Offensive Kit. The Gen II units use Lemo connectors and are compatible with standard ANVIS type battery packs as well as USB batteries with the regulated cable. These work with the COTI and E-COTI, they should also work with the soon to be released TAD.

IMG_0998.jpg

Custom splitter cables are also available so you can run the NVG off the same power supply as the COTI.

You are the man Cory. Glad to see you and SOK are still at it with these external powering solutions. The Gen 1 COTI cables have been excellent and it is great to see you guys continuing further innovations to these.

Greatest addition anyone can purchase for a COTI. Makes the COTI extremely useful and will run forever on those rechargeable battery packs.

Now that the TAD is coming out I expect more people will find these necessary. I'm also waiting on one of the new BAT packs from Nocturn and I'll make a splitter for the COTI/NVG combo to run off the pack.

Reactions: WhereNow&How
    Anyone who has a Nivisys TACS-M, Pas 29 COTI, ECOTI or the new TAD coming out will absolutely rejoice when they run one of these external power systems.

Before these, always changing batteries, or looking at that dam low battery warning symbol cluttering up the Thermal overlay. Now I can run 15 to 16 hours in cold weather before even thinking about needing to swap out a hot rechargeable battery in. Being able to run your COTI constantly all night lets me know where every critter is out there in the woods and fields at night. Real game changer.

Arguably the best money I ever spent on Thermal/NV. (y)

Reactions: taliv
    That would be awesome. Battery in my tacos-m is always dead

What’s a TAD?

The TAD i(Thermal Acquisition Device) s the new civilian version of the E-COTI, the HUD features have been removed to get the price down. TNVC is the exclusive supplier right now, delivery should be happening later this month last I heard. The TACS-M is a special order item, the battery cap is a different thread that the COTI's.

Reactions: taliv
    Can you make a dual cable to run a set of 1531 goggles? The battery packs I tried with the Y cable didn’t have enough juice to run the COTI and goggles together, so that would be great if yours can!

Also - do you know if the ECOTI has the same mounting bracket dimensions on its body that the COTI does? The area that slips into the bracket that clips onto the goggles.

Also - do you know if the ECOTI has the same mounting bracket dimensions on its body that the COTI does? The area that slips into the bracket that clips onto the goggles.
    The Pas 29 and ECOTI mounting bracket is the same for both units. Pricey little sucker at $350 last time I bought a spare.

Yes, the bracket is identical and I can make a 1531/COTI adapter. The USB pack supplies more than enough power, I run my DTNVS/E-COTI for 10+ hours with no issues. I'm waiting on some Fischer plugs for the 1531/31A, won't be here till after the 1st of Jan though.

Yes, the bracket is identical and I can make a 1531/COTI adapter. The USB pack supplies more than enough power, I run my DTNVS/E-COTI for 10+ hours with no issues. I'm waiting on some Fischer plugs for the 1531/31A, won't be here till after the 1st of Jan though.
    Let me know once they are in!