• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Counter Sniper Out of Business

I guess a lot of Special Forces Units will be out of glass.

Dang, I was all set to make a snarky comment, but everyone beat me to it.

Damn. I was just about to order one. It was the last piece I needed to make my rig "operator as fuck".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I always thought it was strange the sellers of these scopes, real experts on optics, or so they claim, didn't have a clue that these things were made in China, or that the claims being made were false. It just makes me wonder how "expert" or honest some of the sellers actually are. Perhaps they didn't know these things were Chinese made pieces of junk, in which case they really aren't the "experts" they claim to be. If they did know and offered them for sale, holding the "special ops, govt. over-run" line, then their honesty speaks for itself. Next time you're in the market for a scope, you may want to think about that!!!!

I will miss these being in production… Who will take the optics crown now?

Dang! I was saving up for the counter sniper scope
that was made from unobtanium, and was filled with two gases not found anywhere on the Periodic Table.

Guess somebody gets a nice booth location at Shot Show. I know, hard to believe, but they did have a nice, and large, booth location. If I remember correctly from two years ago it was actually on the top level.

Hope the feds refund everybody who mistakenly bought one of these their money and throw the crooks in jail.

I think what happened is the military elements around the world finally bought up all the inventory and there was no more over-runs for the rest of us to buy. I am glad to see this fine optic is going to be operating within military circles. I only wish I had the opportunity to get one.

On a serious note, an acquaintance of mine from work, was buying a Leupold Mk4 from me and asked me to bring it to his house which I did. He started showing me some of his stuff and out it comes - a Counter-sniper scope,I think a 6-24. I had to work hard to not to break out into a hardy laugh but I didn't. I asked to look at it. It was the one that had a double mil dot reticle in it. I explained why these optics are pure crap and tried to do it nicely as he was new to the shooting world. I went through both optics and showed the difference in clarity, turrets, and reticles. He finally got it but it was at a loss of $800 to him - ouch!

Last edited:
Fuck...mine was in getting a three mil scale reticle installed and a 4th illum color. I will probably never get it back

one would think if he had a counter sniper optic to use, he would have seen this coming from miles away, and ranged while ranging to get an idea of how much time he had left to vacate.

hey guys, no problem, there's word of a russian government contracted scope called counter crimea, the hammer and sickle reticle allows the AK-47 to be a 1000 yarder (914 M in russian) platform, for the convenience of the operator, it comes with pre damaged turrets and fog so a break in period isn't necessary like the C. sniper.

only costs 26,666 Rubels and a chicken.

I always thought it was strange the sellers of these scopes, real experts on optics, or so they claim, didn't have a clue that these things were made in China, or that the claims being made were false. It just makes me wonder how "expert" or honest some of the sellers actually are. Perhaps they didn't know these things were Chinese made pieces of junk, in which case they really aren't the "experts" they claim to be. If they did know and offered them for sale, holding the "special ops, govt. over-run" line, then their honesty speaks for itself. Next time you're in the market for a scope, you may want to think about that!!!!

I saw Countersniper's in the Sportsmans Guide. Where else did you see them? I would think those who did buy them would have the right to demand their money back.

So what glass am I going to be able to put on my Tactical Rifles M40A5?
Nobody appreciates shit til it's gone.
I will miss these being in production… Who will take the optics crown now?

i got you covered....i was trying to hold off until the next SHOT show, but knowing that you guys are now high and dry in the optic dept:

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...per-dark-ops-introducing-operator-optics.html

Last edited:
My sentiments are along the lines of BigJimFish's above, they are a bunch of crooks, and it looks like it's time to pay the piper. Hell, maybe the Feds do, do something productive every once in awhile.

Hell, maybe the Feds do, do something productive every once in awhile.

Let's see. The feds will prosecute, fine, confiscate and liquidate all assets, then pocket the money rather than getting even partial refunds for all those that got screwed in the beginning. Nothing like getting the shaft again while the hole's still stretched.

I sat next to one of the Dark Ops employees at Hoffbrau Haus.
It took me half the meal to remember who Dark Ops holding was, then I nearly snarfed my wurst when it clicked.
They enthusiastically smashed steins with the lead engineer on the Remington R51 and covered the table in glass.
From what I've googled he wasn't either of the masterminds mentioned in above article.

The POS scope in question could only have been a successful scam as long as numerous optics dealers were willing to market them. I still hold that the "expert" optic sellers, have demonstrated they have no expertise, or they were just willing to rip people off. Just because some company has given you "Great customer service", doesn't make them exempt from common sense. I realize there will be some Fan Boys that start in with, "XYZ sold them, but they are in business to make money, and they have always given me great CS, so its okay". Just saying.....

dqlvs8.jpg

The feds raided the Headquarters and residences of several of the upper management of Pilot/Flying J, those crooks are still in business.

I guess they just had too much US government "contract overrun" products.

Damn sad day. Who is going to service mine after everytime I shoot??

Hopefully Sun Optics, Firefield, or AIM Sports will take over what's left.

My only concern is that our nation's enemies are now able to get their hands on these military-grade combat optics.

My biggest concern, is that it too so long, and so much of my federal tax money being used, before this FINALLY happened!!

They are on still on the ball it would seem...

DK

These will be back in a month under another vendor and they will be stamped " made in china" and continue to sell to those less informed as usual.

What a joke! People that don't know diddly about optics bilking a bunch of people that also don't know diddly about optics. The only way to win a contest in "tacticool" amongst the keyboard kommandos is to outspend and out brag the others!!! ;)

For those of you wanting to put on in your "collection" as they are sure to increase in value over the years, Optics Planet still shows 17 for sale! Their Web page states the following, "CounterSniper Optics rifle scopes are built for professionals of all stripes, from law enforcement to military to competition shooters. These state of the art riflescopes were born from a decade of development for the sterile and untraceable optical rifle sighting requirements of Special Operations and clandestine warfare, so you know you're getting technology that is light, tough, and above all, accurate. Each riflescope by CounterSniper is built with highly durable materials (titanium or T6061 aluminum), feature extra low dispersion glass, and utilizes highly efficient tactical style locking turrets. Counter Sniper Military Optical Gunsights Corp finishes all their scopes with a proprietary rare earth/nitrogen/argon gas purging that makes them effectively waterproof and fog proof for high clarity performance on every shot. For a scope that won't let you down in the most demanding tactical or outdoor situation, choose one of the many Counter-Sniper Optical riflescopes.""""
If you do add one to your collection, be sure to copy the Optics Planet Web page, as this statement alone will be worth $$$$ in the future.

To be re-appearing shortly as "Night Sniper" scopes . . . or something snippery-ish. Re-branding should only take about 1-3 months. :rolleyes:

Don't worry guys, Osprey is still going strong. I think....
Yup, saw an osprey booth at a gun show last weekend. Funny enough I have one of the ospreys on a 22lr and amazingly it holds zero, total piece of crap though!!!

Damn, Deadshot I did say "maybe", nothing definite there! :)

Hope the feds refund everybody who mistakenly bought one of these their money and throw the crooks in jail.

Seriously?

The Feds will never give anyone back their money. That goes to welfare.

The DO/CS people will never see a day in jail, unless they forgot to pay their taxes. If they can pay for a prime booth at the SHOT show, they can pay for Prime defense lawyers.