• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

Cameras and flash can definitely highlight things you wouldn’t likely see with the naked eye. That said, I see a lot of machining marks in these pictures that I haven’t noticed on my other ARC actions. I’m hoping this isn’t indicative of what is to come with my CDG.

That would be called a bad picture not the nitride "hiding" it.
I just don't know why I cant see the same inclusions in the metal in the SOLUS as b6graham is able to see. So I offered a plausible reason. ARC is Silver. SOLUS is black. Then in an effort of deflection by b6graham he goes off on some trivial coating shit, because he can't support his claim.

I'm really getting to understand some folks on here just talk out their ass and couldn't make a plausible argument based on foundation to save their lives. BIAS. BIAS is a killer of truth.

Reactions: wade2big
Now this is as smooth as a bar of dove soap!
C4A569E5-B18B-442F-84D1-9A0EA681A7C9.jpeg

I just don't know why I cant see the same inclusions in the metal in the SOLUS as b6graham is able to see. So I offered a plausible reason. ARC is Silver. SOLUS is black. Then in an effort of deflection by b6graham he goes off on some trivial coating shit, because he can't support his claim.

I'm really getting to understand some folks on here just talk out their ass and couldn't make a plausible argument based on foundation to save their lives. BIAS. BIAS is a killer of truth.
I personally don't see much wrong with your Solus bolt and the CDG bolt nose looks like shit. I was just simply commenting on the fact that nitride doesn't hiding machining marks. Just a tip for commenting on forums in general. Don't argue with idiots because they'll always bring you to their level. The moment you start replying angrily they've won.

I personally don't see much wrong with your Solus bolt and the CDG bolt nose looks like shit. I was just simply commenting on the fact that nitride doesn't hiding machining marks. Just a tip for commenting on forums in general. Don't argue with idiots because they'll always bring you to their level. The moment you start replying angrily they've won.
Roger that. Oh my brother, I've been on the forums since 1998. What the goblins don't know is that I am helping them come to my level. :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: The D
Cameras and flash can definitely highlight things you wouldn’t likely see with the naked eye. That said, I see a lot of machining marks in these pictures that I haven’t noticed on my other ARC actions. I’m hoping this isn’t indicative of what is to come with my CDG.
The pics definitely bring some out that are not obvious to the eye. Also keep in mind there are some marks that are intentional such at the side of the bolt shroud and the top of the tang.

One of the original pics in particular of the bolt release looks like it has distinct marks, but it really doesnt.

Original pic
E3131467-DCCB-4418-8225-AF90C7894CEB.jpeg

New pic
A59AAC2F-2CB4-424F-A245-0245F4E63D6B.jpeg

Ive had several Arch’s and a Nucleus, and they were nice, but this is nicer imo.

The pics definitely bring some out that are not obvious to the eye. Also keep in mind there are some marks that are intentional such at the side of the bolt shroud and the top of the tang.

One of the original pics in particular of the bolt release looks like it has distinct marks, but it really doesnt.

Original pic
View attachment 8130188

New pic
View attachment 8130183

Ive had several Arch’s and a Nucleus, and they were nice, but this is nicer imo.
I wasn’t talking about those. I’ll see what mine looks like when I get it.

Thank god I orderd a lefty, by the time they get to those they will have worked out the bugs (minor tooling marks on bolt). That reminds me I better break out my borescope and check my new PVA barrel......

They started shipping from the east coast to the west. You know because of some time zone thing. lol
I'm in AZ and got shipping notice this morning;). ordered morning of the 8th.. short, right, .473, fluted, hourglass, 20 moa, black, pivoting & fixed bolt handle, with action wrench. It'll be up and running at the range sometime next week.(y)

Reactions: giumau1 and lash
Well I was thinking function and how it feels but that's a dumb question on my part since I seriously doubt you've had it long enough to turn it into a rifle.
Ya, that proof will be in the pudding as far as shooting goes.

Seems to me its quite a bit more (Features)than a V2 though, and for $100 less.

I just dropped 16lbs springs in my Nukes...oh my. Now, I'm used to having no free lunch. So do I need to worry about light strikes?

Just got shipping notice for one of my actions, the other one has a SO# order time 12 minutes later…unfortunately, I’ll be away when either arrives, but I know what I’ll have waiting for me when I get home

I had a few light strikes with the 16 lb spring but it was on brass that had some loose primer pockets. Changed to 19 and never had any more issues, and it fired the rounds that previously weren’t ignited so stayed with it.

Reactions: FredHammer
I've only been on SH a relatively short time and am curious if there is normally this much anticipation and excitement when a new action comes out, have any of you long timers seen this much (3000+ posts) chatter about a new action? Even if many of the posts were about barrels?

I've only been on SH a relatively short time and am curious if there is normally this much anticipation and excitement when a new action comes out, have any of you long timers seen this much (3000+ posts) chatter about a new action? Even if many of the posts were about barrels?
Yes. Happens with arc actions. Xylo archimedes thread had 1800.

So did we ever come to the conclusion of what the SO# were in order or just random? I ordered the morning of the 8th and have SO-036939.

I ordered a lefthand SA about 5.5 hours after it opened due to working and my order is #0374xx so about 500 more than Awag1000

• Sad
Reactions: Awag1000
No-

Ted is the master of exciting his followers and letting them handle the advertising. This thread has easily set the record for being the top post for the longest time running in the bolt action forum.

Reactions: diverdon
So did we ever come to the conclusion of what the SO# were in order or just random? I ordered the morning of the 8th and have SO-036939.
I dont believe the shipping of the actions has anything to do with the SO#… I have a SO# of 037 that shipped before another one I had that was 036… the 037 shows an order time of 12:42:52 and the 036 12:54:54… so 12 minutes apart and the 037 one shipped and the 036 one I haven’t received a notice for, as of yet, but I’m going to be away, when it arrives, for a month so I’ll have to wait anyway before I can lay eyes on it and touch it.

Reactions: lash
Same here I was refreshing and battling the server lol

Ordered mine right after the site crashed (20mins after on the 8th) and I still haven't got my ship notification
We have been punished for our sins, we website killers lol…mine went through at 09 am pst #36907

In fairness to Arc, it isn't just marketing, this action incorporates a huge step forward in value beyond the competition. It remains to be seen how it performs, but no amount of money will get you these features from any another manufacturer, and the CDG is at the “cheap” end of the scale for all custom remclones.

In fairness to Arc, it isn't just marketing, this action incorporates a huge step forward in value beyond the competition. It remains to be seen how it performs, but no amount of money will get you these features from any another manufacturer, and the CDG is at the “cheap” end of the scale for all custom remclones.
Well. Is the CDG smooth cycling?

Cool to see these starting to get out in the wild.

I'll admit I'm a bit surprised at some of the tooling marks I see in some of the pictures, not that they degrade functionality. But not what I would expect given the quality of my Mausingfield.

Regardless, these look like an amazing action for the price. Would love to handle one some day soon.

Cool to see these starting to get out in the wild.

I'll admit I'm a bit surprised at some of the tooling marks I see in some of the pictures, not that they degrade functionality. But not what I would expect given the quality of my Mausingfield.

Regardless, these look like an amazing action for the price. Would love to handle one some day soon.
Are you talking about the bolt nose, or other areas?