• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

I think it has more to do with pull weight than number of stages
Fair but what's the difference from my 2 stage TT set to 16-20 oz total VS a TT single stage set to 16 or 20oz? I'm about to order another 2 stage Diamond and just wanted to be sure it works.

i think 16+oz should be fine from what i read. it's the lighter triggers that some people run in comps that it may be best to us the non pivoting bolt handle

Reactions: FredHammer
A lot of you guys asking questions would do well to go to ARC’s site and spend some quality time actual reading and watching vids of all the plentiful information that they have included on the CDG webpage. There are links to click on for all kinds of information.

Start here:

See this?
1682967762129.png

And this?
1682967862047.png

And don’t forget to watch the vids, like this one:

Fwiw, the bolt handle relationship to triggers is briefly mentioned between 1:45-3:45 in this one.

Lots of other good info that will answer your questions in the videos and on the webpage.

Out of the 3,100 comments do you know where ARC specifically said single stage only may have issues? I've only been hearing "Triggertech Diamond" only. I'm a Diamond 2 stage, 16oz kind of guy. Thank you.
It's on the ARC website in the CDG product page, and in Ted's video about the trigger hangar.

Reactions: lash
In case it still doesn’t click, the concern about TT diamonds and BnA triggers are the very low weights most of these are set at. The camming action of the camming bolt handle can cause these triggers, when set at weights less than 16 oz., to AD < ( this is not correct as addressed in following posts. AD is not really possible at this point). If you prefer those triggers set light, just pick up the straight handle and you’re good to go.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: AznTactical
Out of the 3,100 comments do you know where ARC specifically said single stage only may have issues? I've only been hearing "Triggertech Diamond" only. I'm a Diamond 2 stage, 16oz kind of guy. Thank you.
Man I wish my memory was that good!

In case it still doesn’t click, the concern about TT diamonds and BnA triggers are the very low weights most of these are set at. The camming action of the camming bolt handle can cause these triggers, when set at weights less than 16 oz., to AD. If you prefer those triggers set light, just pick up the straight handle and you’re good to go.
are you seeing reports of an AD? Or just the striker skipping over the trigger sear and not being ready to fire? I have an archemedies with a tt diamond. When set below 5 or 6oz and runing the bolt super agressively, the striker is not set on the sear. Never had an AD. Just needed to be reset. I run the trigger at about 12oz, and have never had any problems.

are you seeing reports of an AD? Or just the striker skipping over the trigger sear and not being ready to fire? I have an archemedies with a tt diamond. When set below 5 or 6oz and runing the bolt super agressively, the striker is not set on the sear. Never had an AD. Just needed to be reset. I run the trigger at about 12oz, and have never had any problems.
No, that was a mis-type on my part. As is mentioned by Ted, you are correct. The striker is not set and the bolt is not in battery at that time so an AD is not likely. Ted even says that he’s not ever heard of one caused by this.

Reactions: Forward543
man i got a regular .473 action and still havent heard anything.. should i be worried :confused:
No.

Also when did you order? These are from the first day. There were tons of orders. This is just the beginning. You will get it eventually. Do yourself a favor and not worry about it. Even better half forget about it and it will come sooner than you think.

If you ordered just today this is what you would expect.
Screenshot_20230501_154822_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: clyancey and lash
man i got a regular .473 action and still havent heard anything.. should i be worried :confused:
I would say not. It will likely take them a while just to get to all of the orders placed on the first day of the sale. Just sit back and enjoy your evening, with a nice cocktail if that’s your thing. Patience is the name of this game. 👍🏻

Last edited:
I ordered 2.5 hrs after the sale went live. Nothing.......note to self, don't ever buy 30moa rails in the future.
Relax, dude. My cc transaction happened 11 min after the openings, and the order went in the system at 9:54 am pst, this is what the forensics say. plain vanilla 20 moa .473, so nothing fancy. Staying the elevation travel of the last generation of scopes 30 moa is the way to go imho. I am only a lazy bitch and don’t want to mess up my standard scheme of 20 moa on the action and 0 on the mount. And I have Zeiss lrp s5 or a zco 527 as main candidates to sit on it…but honestly in PRS never dialed more than 10 mils so who cares.

Seems to me that the problem with the light trigger settings with this CDG action is that with the fixed bolt handle
the cocking piece does not strike the trigger sear. The bolts forward movement is stopped when the handle hits
the primary extraction cam, then when the bolt is rotated the cocking piece engages the trigger sear.

With the pivoting handle the cocking piece strikes the trigger sear with the full force you apply manipulating
the bolt and at the lighter weight settings the trigger will not hold.

Reactions: Baron23
Seems to me that the problem with the light trigger settings with this CDG action is that with the fixed bolt handle
the cocking piece does not strike the trigger sear. The bolts forward movement is stopped when the handle hits
the primary extraction cam, then when the bolt is rotated the cocking piece engages the trigger sear.

With the pivoting handle the cocking piece strikes the trigger sear with the full force you apply manipulating
the bolt and at the lighter weight settings the trigger will not hold.

That is exactly why the pivoting bolt handle is a bit more picky about triggers, if you have the trigger timed to zero cocking/decocking on close or slight overcocking on close the cocking piece hits the trigger sear pretty good when running the bolt quickly as the sear and the chambering cartridge are the only things slowing the bolt down. If your trigger is very light with minimal sear engagement, it can lead to the sear not catching the cocking piece so the firing pin will fall as you rotate the bolt handle closed.

With the fixed lever the extraction cam takes the initial hit and slows the bolt down so the sear doesn't get shocked as much, so it's more tolerant of very light triggers.

(Technically, the first thing to contact the action on the CDG (and Archimedes) when closing the bolt is the bolt shroud locking pin making contact with the rear face of the action body-- but the bolt shroud locking pin doesn't have enough spring rate to be meaningful in terms of slowing the bolt down when you're running the bolt quickly.)

Going from my experience with a couple of Archimedes, if you time the trigger for about 0.010" of decocking on close and provided your ammo isn't headspaced 0.010"+ short, that means the chambering cartridge will do the majority of slowing the bolt down while the cocking ramp on the bolt will hold the cocking piece off the trigger sear. The cocking piece will only contact the sear while you're rotating the bolt handle closed and the cocking piece comes off the cocking ramps at the back of the bolt body during the slight decocking on close, which is a much gentler way of passing off the cocking piece to the trigger sear and less likely to have it "skip" off the sear. You don't want to time it for too much decocking as that will reduce firing pin travel and overall energy imparted to the primer which might invite increased SDs or light strike misfires.

In my Archimedes I run BnA 2 stage tacsports set to 2# total (1# 1st stage which is simply a spring controlling trigger shoe rotation before it contacts the sear lever, while the 2nd stage which is the actual sear lever movement and release is 1#; so it's the equivalent to a single stage BnA set to 1#)-- I have them timed to about 0.008" decock on close and I've never, ever had the firing pin follow the bolt closed even running it as fast as I can on the bench with no mag or ammo in the action to help slow the bolt down. I expect the CDG will behave very similarly, only it will be even easier to adjust the trigger timing with the trigger hangars (unlike the Archimedes that requires swapping or grinding the cocking piece to time the trigger.)

The B&A two stage in my Coup (pivot handle) is set to 11 oz. Under no circumstances can I get it to break on bolt close, no matter how rough I treat it. Just one data point, YMMV.
What height sear did you use in the B&A?My CDG should be here today.Thanks for the data

Why are they garbage? My plan C is a Huber.
It’s just the worst example of a Remington pattern tow stage in my opinion.
This post just made me realize that I have a new in bag Huber in the safe that’s been there for a few years at least. It would be ideal for my LA build.
That’s funny, I sent one back a few years ago to get baselined at Huber. Came back all packaged up with new documentation. I totally forgot about it until recently. I’ll put it on the CDG and see how it does.

Edit: Huber was so popular here for a while, but it seems they've all but disappeared.

Last edited:
Reactions: diverdon and lash
Edit: Huber was so popular here for a while, but it seems they've all but disappeared.
That’s because they aren’t the latest shiny and new…

Edit: I just went to their sight and never realized that the make match triggers for all kinds of old and vintage rifles. Like Mosin Nagant, Enfield, Springfield 1903, K31, Mausers and a bunch more. Pretty cool!

To me it was because its darn expensive for a non adjustable trigger when a bix is cheaper and loads more flexible.
I agree. I fairness to Mr. huber, if you call him, he’ll talk you through the adjustments that can be made(which are hidden). You can also send the trigger back any time and they’ll set it how you like.

Reactions: lash
So a shout out to ARC. I ordered my CDG the morning of (no shipping notice yet) but order a set of rings this weekend. I emailed and asked if they could package the rings with the action and ship them at once to save the shipping costs.

They responded very quickly and said that wouldn’t be a problem and they refunded my shipping for the rings.

Small request from me but I’m sure it’s a pain to keep up with it and refund me the $12. They did it though and didn’t have a fuss. Thank y’all for that.

So a shout out to ARC. I ordered my CDG the morning of (no shipping notice yet) but order a set of rings this weekend. I emailed and asked if they could package the rings with the action and ship them at once to save the shipping costs.

They responded very quickly and said that wouldn’t be a problem and they refunded my shipping for the rings.

Small request from me but I’m sure it’s a pain to keep up with it and refund me the $12. They did it though and didn’t have a fuss. Thank y’all for that.
That's impressive. I had a well known powder supplier that wouldn't even apply a free shipping coupon code that they furnished when it wouldn't stick to the order. I'll still use them of course but it has cost them two orders already.

I've been adding items to my ARC order. If one logs in, goes to the order, there is an ability to contact them on the order. They'll simply tack on stuff as requested. Contemplating a Xylo as the next add-on ........