• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

There is a big difference between a cnc router, a mill, and a cnc mill. Mills selling on KSL (the local Craigslist type place) has Bridgeports at 5k. Old non bridgeport cnc mills are 30k+. Most bridgeports and up are 3 phase. Cnc routers have crap z travel, high speed spindles only, run dry (no coolant), and can't handle steel.
True. I assumed he didn't mean a bridgeport in everyone's garage. :) But that said, yeah steel is a different animal.

True. I assumed he didn't mean a bridgeport in everyone's garage. :) But that said, yeah steel is a different animal.
I do know more than one person with a Bridgeport in their garage, but they produce automotive racing products as a main source of revenue…

Reactions: fmorelli
BA7007CE-44F2-472B-A8DD-A7C9F7B04CDE.jpeg

Proof of life from my FFL.
I went a little counter-culture with my options but I dig the look.

Apologies if this has been asked/answered already, but in terms of the conical breech for the CDG, does that only matter for the smaller caliber boltheads (308 and under if I understand right) if you are running AW mags? So if you are going to run AICS, or another center feed mag, could you use the a traditional flat breech profile? Related question, can I use my existing Nucleus barrels on a CDG (308 and smaller caliber)?

308 and smaller require conical breech for all mags.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chipster697
@epeet The action doesn’t have a feed ramp so it needs the conical breech. The big magnums sit high enough that they will mostly feed straight in. At least this is what I understand from Ted and others posts.

Last edited:
And to respond to your last question, No. A nucleus barrel will not work in the CDG.
Not what ARC told me. They told me a Nucleus or Archimedes prefit will fit the CDG, but a CDG with conical breech will not fit a Nuc or Archimedes.

Not what ARC told me. They told me a Nucleus or Archimedes prefit will fit the CDG, but a CDG with conical breech will not fit a Nuc or Archimedes.
Okay. Then I guess it remains to be seen once someone actually tries it. I have no pre determined opinion on it other than what I recall seeing posted here.

I could be wrong but I thought somewhere Ted mentioned that it would screw on to a CDG but won’t headspace correctly. Or maybe I’m remembering wrong and he said it would fit but without the comical breech it won’t function and feed…not going to sort through 3000 posts though to find it lol

Reactions: lash
I could be wrong but I thought somewhere Ted mentioned that it would screw on to a CDG but won’t headspace correctly. Or maybe I’m remembering wrong and he said it would fit but without the comical breech it won’t function and feed…not going to sort through 3000 posts though to find it lol
That was the impression they gave me. As long as it’s a magnum it should be fine as they don’t have to have the conical breech to feed.

Barrel Details

Free install with any action purchase!

Important - For Archimedes, Nucleus, and Mausingfield actions. Not recommended for use with Coup De Grâce action.

Okay. Then I guess it remains to be seen once someone actually tries it. I have no pre determined opinion on it other than what I recall seeing posted here.
I wasn’t trying to start a crap storm. I think you’re correct, that if you want it to feed well it needs to be a conical breech. I’m just curious how it actually feeds with a flat face.

Reactions: lash
I wasn’t trying to start a crap storm. I think you’re correct, that if you want it to feed well it needs to be a conical breech. I’m just curious how it actually feeds with a flat face.
Ultimately it would be cartridge/bullet dependent. With long bullets the meplats would contact the breech face at a very shallow angle, so the cartridge would likely stop dead.

Reactions: lash and pingunit

Because of the 6 o'clock lug cutout and no real feed ramp directly in front of the magazine, smaller diameter cartridges may ride low in that lug cutout once they exit the magazine and present the tip of the bullet below the chamber and then the bullet tip will hit the flat breech face stopping the bolt, especially if you're using a single stack AICS magazine. The conical breech gives the bullet tip a ramp to find the chamber even if it hits a bit lower than the chamber.

A lot is going to depend on case diameter, bullet weight used and CG/OAL of the cartridge, and magazine follower and feedlip geometry. There's a chance your particular caliber/bullet/OAL/magazine combo may let the bullet tips find the chamber even if you used an existing flat breech barrel taken from an existing Nucleus/Archimedes build, but ARC has said the conical breech is pretty much mandatory for the smaller diameter .223 sized cases that use the .378 bolt face and the conical breech is highly recommended for .308 diameter cases that use the .473 diameter bolt face. The magnum calibers can typically get away without the conical breech as the chamber diameter in the barrel is so large it's very easy for the bullet to guide itself into the larger diameter chamber even without the conical cut.

In regards to the conical breech and AW mags…. Took mine out Sunday and it feeds like butter from AW. Might do the trick mentioned above here and chamfer the back of the follower because the follower stopping the bolt has me all thrown off… too used to AICS I guess

For those who have the CDG in hand how high does the integral rail sit? Currently really considering going for one but I am weird in my tastes and prefer to have barrel mounted iron sights specifically NECGs, does the rail sit too high for that to be feasible or could I get away with it running a heavier contoured barrel?

Ok I want to know how the hell @browning442 was able to drop the CDG into the Xylo???? Can you post a picture of the inlet on yours please.

Maybe his is a newer Xylo & Ted’s made inlet changes?

Mine is an older Xylo so heads up for anyone with an older version. It needs a considerable relief cut to clear the trigger hanger.

Also the AICS tab (included with action) is not a drop in for the older Xylo. It would require milling the slit deeper & wider in the chassis.

Here is what my unmodified inlet looks like. I’m running AW’s, but will show the tab for Anyone that may need to fit it.
View attachment 8135984

Here is the main offender at front of trigger pocket. Back of action was about .175” high at rear action screw.
View attachment 8135985

This is the minimum mod required. And shown installed. Not much room to spare with that cut.
View attachment 8135988View attachment 8135986View attachment 8135987

Here’s the finished rifle. Probably won’t get any rounds down range till next weekend, but it feeds 14 308’s from the AW perfectly. I can load the mag through the huge port or just throw a round on top of the AW and feeds singles like butter. Beveled the back of the AW follower so it doesn’t act as a bolt stop.

View attachment 8136008
View attachment 8136010
Could you share a pic of the mod on aw follower?

I was under the impression that integral rails actually sit lower in higher than separate rails systems.

Firing pin protrusion on my example is .046 & it is not adjustable.
Pin fall is .250 with zero cock/decock on close.
What trigger was tested for pin fall? TT? I plan to run a BnA and from my experience in a handful of actions, they will add 0.010-0.015 of pin fall. Granted with the adjustment in the hanger, it's all tunable.

In regards to the conical breech and AW mags…. Took mine out Sunday and it feeds like butter from AW. Might do the trick mentioned above here and chamfer the back of the follower because the follower stopping the bolt has me all thrown off… too used to AICS I guess
You gonna bring it out next Wednesday?

Reactions: browning442
Thank you for sharing. Interesting, I considered positively that lock on empty mag. Haven't got the chance to test it yet, together with the chance of loading a mag from the window...