• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

2 were contacting the action and you could not pull down after it latched. The 3rd had a little up and down play after it latched.
Are you running a mdt acc elite by any chance? Gbmaryland gave me the tip of adding the plastic dowels in the maxwell and it's helped alot. Still some hiccup on the 7th round every so often.

Are you running a mdt acc elite by any chance? Gbmaryland gave me the tip of adding the plastic dowels in the maxwell and it's helped alot. Still some hiccup on the 7th round every so often.
Yes that is an ACC elite in the pic. What kind of hang up were you having?

Yes that is an ACC elite in the pic. What kind of hang up were you having?
Mostly bolt going over my 6mm gt rounds. It also hung up like yours where the bolt stops at an angle on the case. After installing the dowel, it only does that to me every 8th mag on the 7-8th round. Typically when feeding from the right side of the mag.

• Sad
Reactions: GBMaryland
The other thing I had to do was add a washer to the rear screw… this way, the rear screw didn’t protrude through the action and impede the bolt. (Forgot about that…)

2 were contacting the action and you could not pull down after it latched. The 3rd had a little up and down play after it latched.
Don’t forget to adjust the mag latch so that it just holds the magazine in with minimal / almost imperceptible amount of play.

The next thing that might cause some interference, make sure you’ve adjusted the trigger/bolt interaction.

Per @TheOE800 I learned that the front screw on the trigger hanger will make a huge difference in how hard the boatlift is, and how much the bolt is pressing on the trigger itself during use.

That interaction could also be pushing on the bolt up causing feeding issues… (especially a trigger tech).

Take the action out of the chassis, loosen the rear bolt on the trigger hanger, adjust the front bolt until, with the bolt cocked, when you raise and lower the handle, you see no perceptible movement of the firing pin/hammer assembly at the rear of the bolt.

Turns out this is far more important than I thought it would be…

Last edited:
Don’t forget to adjust the mag latch so that it just holds the magazine in with minimal / almost imperceptible amount of play.

The next thing that might cause some interference, make sure you’ve adjusted the trigger/bolt interaction.

Per @TheOE800 I learned that the front screw on the trigger hanger will make a huge difference in how hard the boatlift is, and how much the bolt is pressing on the trigger itself during use.

That interaction could also be pushing on the bolt up causing feeding issues… (especially a trigger tech).

Take the action out of the chassis, loosen the rear bolt on the trigger hanger, adjust the front bolt until, with the bolt cocked, when you raise and lower the handle, you see no perceptible movement of the firing pin/hammer assembly at the rear of the bolt.

Turns out this is far more important than I thought it would be…
Thanks I’ll try this next. I thought I had the bolt feeling really good. At least in dry fire it does, but I’ll take another look at the rear bolt on the hanger.
Here’s a video if it helps. You’ll see where it stops and hits a rough spot in feeding.

Reactions: diverdon
Thanks I’ll try this next. I thought I had the bolt feeling really good. At least in dry fire it does, but I’ll take another look at the rear bolt on the hanger.
Here’s a video if it helps. You’ll see where it stops and hits a rough spot in feeding.

That spot where your feeling the slight hang is where the back of the case is pushed up into/clips into extractor. i.e. it's where the CRF gains control of the case head. This is normal, you'll never run it that slow.
I did a slight debur massage to the bottom edge of the extractor to smooth it a little. That may help soften the feel when the case head clips in.

That spot where your feeling the slight hang is where the back of the case is pushed up into/clips into extractor. i.e. it's where the CRF gains control of the case head. This is normal, you'll never run it that slow.
I did a slight debur massage to the bottom edge of the extractor to smooth it a little. That may help soften the feel when the case head clips in.
Damn kinda disappointing if that is the case. My AI and Curtis feed much smoother going that slow. Ironic. Push feed vs CRF I know, but I definitely don’t remember my TL3 feeling like that. Was years ago tho.
I would say I have ran the bolt almost that slow on certain stage like tow straps or floating platforms. I usually don’t run the bolt very fast at all in general. Good way to make a bad prop worse.
I’ll try the other solutions first, but is everyone dealing with that hang? If they are I wouldn’t be surprised to see these get dumped pretty quick for more impacts or Fuzions in the comp game.

Damn kinda disappointing if that is the case. My AI and Curtis feed much smoother going that slow. Ironic. Push feed vs CRF I know, but I definitely don’t remember my TL3 feeling like that. Was years ago tho.
I would say I have ran the bolt almost that slow on certain stage like tow straps or floating platforms. I usually don’t run the bolt very fast at all in general. Good way to make a bad prop worse.
I’ll try the other solutions first, but is everyone dealing with that hang? If they are I wouldn’t be surprised to see these get dumped pretty quick for more impacts or Fuzions in the comp game.
I can't feel it at all just running the bolt normal on a bench. 308 with AW's, however I checked it to ensure the issue below didn't apply.

The below picture is on an ARC Nucleus. Still very similar CRF. At least a dozen of us Hide members picked these up on a special 4th of July deal.
Most had same Rock Creek barrels & there were multiple complaints of poor feeding or hang up as you described, mine included.

What I figured out is outlined below: The CRF bolt doesn't gain control of the round until it pivots level while entering the chamber.
First I tried smoothing the extractor claw to help ease the case in. Helped a little, but the case pivots on the sharp edge @ chamber entry. If that edge is sharp, you'll feel it hang as it wants to stop forward motion. After putting a tiny polished radius on that edge it was night and day. Literally everyone that's ever run rounds through it comments how smooth it is.

In the age of CNC chambers I think this important little detail can get overlooked. I'd bet the reputable builders are aware and address this, but when we just screw it on in the garage it's easily missed.

This is important to a reliable feeding AR also. Same deal the case has to pivot on that point while the head drags across the bolt face/ejector. If you ever look at a Craddock AR barrel you'll immediately notice the mirror finished radius he puts at the chamber entry transition.

This applies to all ARC CRF actions.

ARC 4th of July special DRB.jpg

Granted I get a little excited in matches & try to focus on smooth is fast.
Last 2 platforms/boats I shot clean. 1 with an AR & 1 with Archimedes, both slung brass 8' lol. Bolt back on forward swing, bolt close on back swing. Maybe I should slow down, then again tell that to my AR. Smooth is fast, slow is just slow!

Last edited:
I can't feel it at all just running the bolt normal on a bench. 308 with AW's, however I check it to ensure the issue below didn't apply.

The below picture is on an ARC Nucleus. Still very similar CRF. At least a dozen of us Hide members picked these up on a special 4th of July deal.
Most had same Rock Creek barrels & there were multiple complaints of poor feeding or hang up as you described, mine included.

What I figured out is outlined below: The CRF bolt doesn't gain control of the round until it pivots level while entering the chamber.
First I tried smoothing the extractor claw to help ease the case in. Helped a little, but the case pivots on the sharp edge @ chamber entry. If that edge is sharp, you'll feel it hang as it wants to stop forward motion. After putting a tiny polished radius on that edge it was night and day. Literally everyone that's ever run rounds through it comments how smooth it is.

In the age of CNC chambers I think this important little detail can get overlooked. I'd bet the reputable builders are aware and address this, but when we just screw it on in the garage it's easily missed.

This is important to a reliable feeding AR also. Same deal the case has to pivot on that point while the head drags across the bolt face/ejector. If you ever look at a Craddock AR barrel you'll immediately notice the mirror finished radius he puts at the chamber entry transition.

View attachment 8199821
Last 2 platforms/boats I shot clean. 1 with an AR & 1 with Archimedes, both slung brass 8' lol. Bolt back on forward swing, bolt close on back swing. Maybe I should slow down, then again tell that to my AR. Smooth is fast, slow is just slow!
I’ll definitely look into this as well! Funny I’ve got a Craddock 6.5CM sitting in the safe. Thanks for the pic and explanation. Definitely makes more sense now. Hopefully this is the cause of what I’m experiencing. This is a PVA osprey barrel fwiw

Reactions: pingunit
I’ll definitely look into this as well! Funny I’ve got a Craddock 6.5CM sitting in the safe. Thanks for the pic and explanation. Definitely makes more sense now. Hopefully this is the cause of what I’m experiencing. This is a PVA osprey barrel fwiw
let me know if it improves matters. I have a PVA on order so i'm curious as well.

So far I’ve seen reports of issues with 223AI when slow feeding
Anyone been able to feed perfectly straight 223 rem ? What about 22 BR or Dasher ?
I’d got 2Ks of Berger 80.5 and I’d rather not do a 22 Creed.

Last edited:
Anyone been able to feed perfectly straight 223 rem ? What about 22 BR or Dasher ?
I've shot a couple hundred 223 rounds thru my CDG using an Accurate mag. All have fed smooth, fast or slow, no problems at all.
My rifle is chambered in 223AI and these were fire forming loads.
You are correct, 223AI rounds have to be fed fast in order to chamber. At least for me...

No issues with .223 thru my CDG and LRI barrel chambered in .223 Wylde using an Accurate AICS mag.

Also on my LRI barrels the edge where the cone transitions to the chamber is very smooth. It's not sharp like that in the image posted by @357Max.

No issues with .223 thru my CDG and LRI barrel chambered in .223 Wylde using an Accurate AICS mag.

Also on my LRI barrels the edge where the cone transitions to the chamber is very smooth. It's not sharp like that in the image posted by @357Max.
Yep Chad has been tuning the ARC CRF's from the first run of Mausingfields.
Curious did LRI barrel the action for you or did you just get the barrel from them? I know they test fire everything they barrel.
Wouldn't surprise me a bit if he breaks that edge on barrels he's not installing.

Curious did LRI barrel the action for you or did you just get the barrel from them? I know they test fire everything they barrel.
Wouldn't surprise me a bit if he breaks that edge on barrels he's not installing.

MFin’ air rack your bolt gun!

Just got off the phone with McMillan and ARC - they don’t currently have an inlet for the CDG, but ARC is going to send them an action soon. Looking forward to a modernized XM3 build.

Reactions: JonKleman
I can't feel it at all just running the bolt normal on a bench. 308 with AW's, however I checked it to ensure the issue below didn't apply.

View attachment 8199821
Trivially easy improvement. This post was worth its weight in gold. Is it enough to hit it with like 1200 wetdry on a dowel and just ease the sharp edge?

Last edited:
Trivially easy improvement. This post was worth its weight in goal. Is it enough to hit it with like 1200 wetdry on a dowel and just ease the sharp edge?
To change the geometry of steel its better to start at a lower grit. 600g to start to 2000 to polish should do it. I'm afraid 1200 to start would just polish.

I had ARC ship the action, bolt faces and action wrench to LRI. LRI chambered two 24" M24 barrels for me in 6.5 Creedmoor and .223 Wylde.

I made the decision after exchanging a few emails and speaking with them. LRI wanted the action in hand to properly fit the action. As I was told, close enough is not good enough. Although this may no longer be a requirement since they have fitted more barrels for the CDG.

One of the deciding factors is that they test fire the action and barrel to insure that it functions properly.

LRI is good about keeping you updated as the barrels move thru the shop. Below are pictures that they provided at different stages:
thumb_20555_1600_0_0_0_crop.jpeg

thumb_20557_1600_0_0_0_crop.jpeg

thumb_20558_1600_0_0_0_crop.jpeg

thumb_20556_1600_0_0_0_crop.jpeg

thumb_20671_1600_0_0_0_crop.jpeg

Attachments

• thumb_20671_1600_0_0_0_crop.jpeg
    thumb_20671_1600_0_0_0_crop.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 23

What action is that

@Ichi - Glad to hear they still test fire them all. Last one he did for me, he had to load a wildcat just to test fire (25SST). LRI is a class act.

Trivially easy improvement. This post was worth its weight in goal. Is it enough to hit it with like 1200 wetdry on a dowel and just ease the sharp edge?
Got a use what you have, but I'd recommend 600 first to take the edge off.

Reactions: pingunit and lash

View attachment 8199821
Every edge leading into a chamber should be broken and polished smooth. This is just something that should be automatic.

Received my LA, RH, Magnum CdG on Thursday (ordered on opening day). Finished the rifle up yesterday. PVA pre-fit barrel. Diamond TT 2-stage, w/Savage marked AICS long mags. Xylo chassis. Everything went together perfectly. No issues with the trigger at all. The trigger hanger design is both elegant and worked exactly as advertised. Mags fit tightly w/zero play. The finish/machining is fantastic. Really happy. Can't wait to get to the range and try her out.
Only small nit to pick, I ordered a spare 0.588" bolt head and ARC shipped the head and extractor, but no extractor ball and spring. It would be nice if they included these or just assembled the bolt head.
Also want to give a shout-out to PVA - that muzzle brake is a work of art!

Reactions: pingunit and lash
Received my LA, RH, Magnum CdG on Thursday (ordered on opening day). Finished the rifle up yesterday. PVA pre-fit barrel. Diamond TT 2-stage, w/Savage marked AICS long mags. Xylo chassis. Everything went together perfectly. No issues with the trigger at all. The trigger hanger design is both elegant and worked exactly as advertised. Mags fit tightly w/zero play. The finish/machining is fantastic. Really happy. Can't wait to get to the range and try her out.
Only small nit to pick, I ordered a spare 0.588" bolt head and ARC shipped the head and extractor, but no extractor ball and spring. It would be nice if they included these or just assembled the bolt head.
Also want to give a shout-out to PVA - that muzzle brake is a work of art!
Hi- I am sorry, these are supposed to come assembled with the ball and spring. Please send me an email to [email protected], so we can get this corrected!

Bella

Additionally, wanted to mention that the CRF works perfectly (.300 Win Mag), and I can single feed rounds on an empty mag without issue.

Has anybody been able to confirm how the .300 Norma Mag runs with the large bolt faces? I'm curious whether it CRFs or not.

Great to see a presence here from someone that actually works at ARC - We all know that we clicked a box saying we wouldn't complain while our orders are fulfilled. I have a suggestion, can you add another box that says

"I am buying this action to use, not to to resell on sniperhide"
It's frustrating to be queued behind a bunch of folks that are essentially speculators and have no intention of using the product.

Great to see a presence here from someone that actually works at ARC - We all know that we clicked a box saying we wouldn't complain while our orders are fulfilled. I have a suggestion, can you add another box that says

It's frustrating to be queued behind a bunch of folks that are essentially speculators and have no intention of using the product.

Plus at least two of those listings appear to have been people who intended to build but circumstances changed. Should there be a check box for that too?

So what? They ordered like anyone else. You may not like it but that’s how things work. We hardly need more rules and why would any manufacturer restrict who buys their product?

I understand your frustration and impatience, but be realistic. 😉
From the perspective of a manufacturer, I feel like I would want the first group of customers to be actual users, especially if the initial batch is billed as a pre-order. This would make it easier to iterate and improve the action based upon actual user feedback.
We have already seen evidence of ARC revising their designs in this thread right?
We are essentially opting in to beta test their pre-released product right? How useful is that if you are not beta-testing it, but selling a "to be revised" version of the action?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Mike Casselton

Jesus christ, it's Jason Bourne.
From the perspective of a manufacturer, I feel like I would want the first group of customers to be actual users, especially if the initial batch is billed as a pre-order. This would make it easier to iterate and improve the action based upon actual user feedback.
We have already seen evidence of ARC revising their designs in this thread right?
We are essentially opting in to beta test their pre-released product right? How useful is that if you are not beta-testing it, but selling a "to be revised" version of the action?
Let's say they check the mark that they won't sell, how would you hold them to it? ARC has other shit to worry about, why make them do more work? Are you an officer in the military? Cause your ideas are exactly what our top leaders think like. Just kidding, don't take the joke too personal.

Speak for yourself, we leftys are getting a highly refined product.

From the perspective of the manufacturer: I doubt they want to deal with anymore headaches than necessary from whiny bitches.

Their dollar spends just the same as yours.

Pissy you didn't order early enough? FFS, maybe ARC should do an in home consult and range trip with each buyer as well so they can vet that you have a safe space and are qualified to own the product.

oh, and you checked the box, acknowledged it, and now you're bitching anyway. LOL. If anything, the box should say if you do bitch and we find out who you are you get your CDG after all the left handed magnum titanium hunting actions are out.

I think we need a No Complaint in the resell section too for you. Check that Box or get some Vagiseal to close that hatchet mark up.

It’s frustrating to read moronic posts like this junk shit of yours.

Don’t worry, we’ll refine a few of our retards to take care of that problem
As an industrial and manufacturing engineer, we were always being told to design machinery that was idiot proof. My standard answer was, that is not possible because idiots are so damned ingenious.

Last edited: