• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

My barrels came in today. 6.5 Creedmore. I'm building on a Xylo chassis. I haven't put it together yet, but the AIAW mags don't seem like they are going to fit in the Xylo.

If anyone is using a CDG in a Xylo with AIAW mags, did you have to do anything to get them to work?
Is yours a new or older Xylo, because there are a number of people using the AW mags on a Xylo successfully. There are two different mag latch lengths though. Reach out to ARC. I’m sure that they can get you straightened out.

Reactions: diverdon
My barrels came in today. 6.5 Creedmore. I'm building on a Xylo chassis. I haven't put it together yet, but the AIAW mags don't seem like they are going to fit in the Xylo.

If anyone is using a CDG in a Xylo with AIAW mags, did you have to do anything to get them to work?
I'm running a CDG in a Xylo, AIAW mags, 6.5 Creedmoor. I had no issues at all getting the mags to fit and they feed perfectly.

I did read something about the older Xylo's not having the right mag latch so if you are running an older chassis you might check that out. Either way the mags should slip right into the Xylo mag well.

Short action 308 mags right?

Reactions: diverdon
Shuuuuuush…. You’re supposed to say “Oh no, no, the Xylo does work well with the CDG, you should trade GB for those new AICS mags…”

I’m having the same issue with a MDT ACC Premier: the mage latch is not adjustable and I’m getting hosed.

• Haha
Reactions: diverdon and lash

Shuuuuuush…. You’re supposed to say “Oh no, no, the Xylo does work well with the CDG, you should trade GB for those new AICS mags…”

I’m having the same issue with a MDT ACC Premier: the mage latch is not adjustable and I’m getting hosed.
So the +/- mag latches MDT has don't work in your configuration?

I'm running a CDG in a Xylo, AIAW mags, 6.5 Creedmoor. I had no issues at all getting the mags to fit and they feed perfectly.

I did read something about the older Xylo's not having the right mag latch so if you are running an older chassis you might check that out. Either way the mags should slip right into the Xylo mag well.

Short action 308 mags right?

Thanks, yes short action .308 mags. I ordered the Xylo with the actions and they shipped together. I don't have the action in the chassis yet, so hopefully things will look different then.

That’s weird, I reached out to MDT about my HNT mag latch and they sent me all of the sizes for free.

That’s weird, I reached out to MDT about my HNT mag latch and they sent me all of the sizes for free.

They actually have other sizes? There is nothing on their website and no documentation I can find that indicates they have other Mag latches.

Edit:

I looked again and there is nothing on the MDT site about the ACC Premier and replacement mag latches. The only video they have related to installation appears to be one where they guy takes 2 bolts and installs the action. Nothing otherwise.

I did open a ticket.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baron23
They actually have other sizes? There is nothing on their website and no documentation I can find that indicates they have other Mag latches.

Edit:

I looked again and there is nothing on the MDT site about the ACC Premier and replacement mag latches. The only video they have related to installation appears to be one where they guy takes 2 bolts and installs the action. Nothing otherwise.

I did open a ticket.

They didn’t have anything on the website, I just sent an email to support asking if they had extra mag latches for the HNT so I could get a replacement if I messed up filing the stock one shorter to work with AICS mags.

They then sent me a bag of them ranging from -0.5 to -2.5 mm so I could pick which one worked best and keep the original intact. Now I don’t know if that’s available for the ACC but if they have it for the HNT they probably do for the ACC as well.

Reactions: GBMaryland
with the CDG LA being cut for CIP 3.850” mags, would there be an issue running it in a chassis that only accepts the standard 3.7~ length magazines? TIA

with the CDG LA being cut for CIP 3.850” mags, would there be an issue running it in a chassis that only accepts the standard 3.7~ length magazines? TIA
Nope, I’m running mine with the regular 3.715” mags and it feeds perfectly.

Moreso than a rag on the Impact, I thought this was an interesting observation on how damn smooth a tuned CDG is.

Tuning for zero cock on close is always going to feel better than an untuned firing system. Put a -10k hanger in the impact or kelbly and they'll both feel a lot better. The kelbly will fell the most similar to CDG, but an impact always has that notchy drop off to the sear feeling no matter what I did. Didn't care for that and mostly why I sold it.

The Kelbly isnt too bad, not enough that I actively sought an alternate hanger. The Impact, sure, my plan was to mess with hangers, but from what Ive been reading they just have this click clack hitch when they're run slow. I've subsequently bolted it into a chassis etc and yeah, it feels better than it did.. but I definitely was underwhelmed when it arrived.

Reactions: TheOE800 and lash
The Kelbly isnt too bad, not enough that I actively sought an alternate hanger. The Impact, sure, my plan was to mess with hangers, but from what Ive been reading they just have this click clack hitch when they're run slow. I've subsequently bolted it into a chassis etc and yeah, it feels better than it did.. but I definitely was underwhelmed when it arrived.
Impact: underwhelming omg did you just say that! 😳🤣 Don't get urself banned! After 6 months of owning one in 2020, I wasn't that impressed either.

I’ve got something like 10 different custom actions in the safe and yeah, I’d be hard pressed to choose the Impact over any of them so far.

Maybe I’ll love it when I shoot it 🤞🏼

#1 action in prs/nrl bro, you have to!
The only action that I have tried that comes close to the smoothness of a CDG is a TL3. Now I know that as a sample size of one, but it is the only action I have tried that I could compare to this, and for the money, you can’t beat the CDG. Punches above its price point at least $500.

To give an idea on the MPA PMR lead times. Ordered an MPA with CDG action 9/21 got an email it was finished 10/26 and it shipped 10/27. Unfortunately I won't be able to pick it up until next week.

To give an idea on the MPA PMR lead times. Ordered an MPA with CDG action 9/21 got an email it was finished 10/26 and it shipped 10/27. Unfortunately I won't be able to pick it up until next week.
wondering if I should cancel my action and buy one of those. This is getting a little ridiculous. I thought Ted said anyone who ordered their action before June 31 would have it by Nov 1st.

So it’s not the 12-14wks??

So it’s not the 12-14wks??
it may well be 12 weeks now for all I know. I ordered just over a week before they posted the video announcing the change. Just wanted to let ya'll know it may be quicker from MPA, but I don't really have any insight into it beyond that fwiw.

it may well be 12 weeks now for all I know. I ordered just over a week before they posted the video announcing the change. Just wanted to let ya'll know it may be quicker from MPA, but I don't really have any insight into it beyond that fwiw.
I sold my cdg and decided to get an Mpa because itd save me money. Definitely give input when you pick it up

Reactions: Ethang
My barrel is finally ready, now once it makes it's way through Mordor will spin it on and see what she's made of.

CDG LA 30 moa fluted, black hourglass knob. 28" LV profile 9 twist JC Customs 300 PRC tube, Cadex Lite Comp chassis, TT trigger and Precision Armament M11 brake.

Reactions: pingunit
I sold my cdg and decided to get an Mpa because itd save me money. Definitely give input when you pick it up
I wish i had known earlier in the process they were going to use a CDG, I just finished my Rifle in a MPA chassis and have about $400 more in basically the same rifle.

I've been following this thread since day one, and in May I ordered a short action w/.308 bolt head, and in June a long action w/.308 bolt head (16" 308 and long boi 30-06 are the plans, respectively)...the short action was delivered this week! I ordered barrels from PVA (30-06 back during the July 4 sale, and a 308 just last week as well)...as I gather all the bits and bobs, one thing I don't recall seeing or maybe missed in the thread -

Are there any folding stock chassis that fit the CDG, where the stock folds to the right/over the bolt handle? I found this with some digging and was actively considering the Magpul until I found it; price was right, I liked the stock/chassis, Magpul is generally good...but if it doesn't fit over the bolt handle, then that's that, dead in the water. Is there anything else out there that'll work the way I hope it will? Hopefully for a grand or less? :D

I've been following this thread since day one, and in May I ordered a short action w/.308 bolt head, and in June a long action w/.308 bolt head (16" 308 and long boi 30-06 are the plans, respectively)...the short action was delivered this week! I ordered barrels from PVA (30-06 back during the July 4 sale, and a 308 just last week as well)...as I gather all the bits and bobs, one thing I don't recall seeing or maybe missed in the thread -

Are there any folding stock chassis that fit the CDG, where the stock folds to the right/over the bolt handle? I found this with some digging and was actively considering the Magpul until I found it; price was right, I liked the stock/chassis, Magpul is generally good...but if it doesn't fit over the bolt handle, then that's that, dead in the water. Is there anything else out there that'll work the way I hope it will? Hopefully for a grand or less? :D
Fold over the bolt handle? Probably not. I BELIEVE most will fold to the opposite side. A company named Indian Creek Designs make a SUPER good folding chassis adapter. I have one of their aluminum chassis with the folder on it in a lighter weight hunting rifle. ARC action, I believe this one is a Archemedes but the same footprint. What it really cool about their adapter is it can be adjusted to eliminate any slop. I absolutely love it. Their site isn't the easiest to operate but they do return calls. Been good to deal with.

wondering if I should cancel my action and buy one of those. This is getting a little ridiculous. I thought Ted said anyone who ordered their action before June 31 would have it by Nov 1st.
I don’t believe that Ted ever said that. I’ve been following this since last year when it was started.

There was one guy who tried a little tongue in cheek sarcasm. He said that he’d just gotten off the phone with ARC and they promised that all actions ordered before 6/31 would be delivered by Octember. It was meant as humor, but misunderstood by more than one person.

But do hang in there. The action is worth it.

PRS member discount is the same. It's pretty crazy how good of a deal that rifle is.
I was going to spend 3500 for the same rifle but in a spuhr SICS. In my opinion right now, it is the best deal in this level of precision rifle.

The Spuhr is easily worth the difference.

The Spuhr is easily worth the difference.
I love the Spuhr and. I still have it in case anybody wants to buy it at a discount.😏

But I really love the feel of the matrix pro, especially the wider forend. Sure it’s not a folder but that’s ok imo

You should be able to switch the side the Magpul folds to.

You should be able to switch the side the Magpul folds to.

That's not what I'm after though...I'm specifically looking for, like I mentioned in my post, a chassis that will fold over the right. Just like a Sig Cross, for a graphic example. Everything folds to the left pretty much; the widest part of the gun is where the bolt handle is (give or take). If I'm going to fold a stock for storage/transport, I don't want to make it wider; the stock may as well fold over the bolt handle and there we go. The Cross does this really well, I know other chassis with other bolt actions can do it, I'm specifically looking for one that will fold to the right and is compatible with the CDG's straight bolt handle.

That's not what I'm after though...I'm specifically looking for, like I mentioned in my post, a chassis that will fold over the right. Just like an Sig Cross, for a graphic example. Everything folds to the left pretty much; the widest part of the gun is where the bolt handle is (give or take). If I'm going to fold a stock for storage/transport, I don't want to make it wider; the stock may as well fold over the bolt handle and there we go. The Cross does this really well, I know other chassis with other bolt actions can do it, I'm specifically looking for one that will fold to the right and is compatible with the CDG's straight bolt handle.
My Spuhr folds to the right

I'm not rich :( That's also why I said "around a grand or less"...in USD...if it's gotta be more, then oh well, but...gotta check the cheap seats first.
My bad man! Didn't see the grand or less part. I heard aero will be making their solus chassis a folder, so maybe if that comes out soon you could look into that!

Reactions: Evil_Ed

What twist rate and contour did you choose for the 16"? Want to do something similar in .308 and curious what you chose.

What twist rate and contour did you choose for the 16"? Want to do something similar in .308 and curious what you chose.
Fluted M24, 1/10" - It'll be a little beefy, but I didn't want something super light that'll whip around with something heavy like a Sandman-L on the end of it. It's a range toy, not something I'm going to be humping around mountains all day, so I figured it would be a decent compromise...I'm still pretty new to bolt guns so I'll find out soon enough if I made a mistake one way or another :D

That's not what I'm after though...I'm specifically looking for, like I mentioned in my post, a chassis that will fold over the right. Just like a Sig Cross, for a graphic example. Everything folds to the left pretty much; the widest part of the gun is where the bolt handle is (give or take). If I'm going to fold a stock for storage/transport, I don't want to make it wider; the stock may as well fold over the bolt handle and there we go. The Cross does this really well, I know other chassis with other bolt actions can do it, I'm specifically looking for one that will fold to the right and is compatible with the CDG's straight bolt handle.

I believe the JP APAC folds over the bolt.

Reactions: Evil_Ed
I'm assembling my long action finally. How do I know if the magazine fits properly?

I'm using CIP length magazines in an MPA chassis. The magazine clicks into place okay and doesn't appear to have any wobble. The follower prevents the bolt from closing, but the bolt closes just fine if I push the follower down. Does this sound correct?