• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

Came in today !!!!!!
Sooner than I anticipated. (y)(y)

Only 2.5 months.

Barrel expected in the next week or two.

View attachment 8373918

Forgive my goofball post.

This is the first non-barreled action I've ever worked with....and I'm mighty enthused.

Fingers crossed that the prefit stuff allows precision & self-sufficiency. It sure as hell offers a wide range of versatility.

Nice & clean serial characters, too.
I wish my 1911's each had such cleanly executed lettering....except for my Colts. I like them as they are.

Got it home.....ole man cheater specs on.....🧐.....bamsucka....same location as on your Mausingfield. (y)

View attachment 8373919
I’m about two months in on the wait. :p

Anyone know if mods are required to run in an AICS?
Just this little guy I think.

https://americanrifle.odoo.com/shop/015-10122-aics-forward-mag-stop-m15-1781

IMG_1922.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m about two months in on the wait. :p

I wouldn't think you have much longer before it ships to you. (y)

He packs these things with some serious TLC.
Coated with something...guessing a rust inhibiting lube.
Initial layer of cortec-style paper.
Plastic bag.
Then swaddled in a layer of some next-level packing blanketry.

The action wrench was tucked inside the box, too. Inside a tube with the hardware taped to it.

My M-Brace mounts were burrito wrapped in the same next-level padded material. I almost wonder if the My Pillow Guy was involved somewhere along the way. ;)

I mention this because it really impressed me.

Over the years I've had some craptastic experiences with Brown, Fed-Ex and USPS doing their damndest to destroy the contents of packages.

Zero shipping worries with ARC gear.
The little details like this are much appreciated.

Just this little guy I think.

View attachment 8373955

Cool.....I was about to sift around through the documentation & online stuff to see what that was.
Thanks for saving me the time.

I'm going to fit check an AIAW mag shortly.

Came in today !!!!!!
Sooner than I anticipated. (y)(y)

Only 2.5 months.

Barrel expected in the next week or two.

View attachment 8373918

Forgive my goofball post.

This is the first non-barreled action I've ever worked with....and I'm mighty enthused.

Fingers crossed that the prefit stuff allows precision & self-sufficiency. It sure as hell offers a wide range of versatility.

Nice & clean serial characters, too.
I wish my 1911's each had such cleanly executed lettering....except for my Colts. I like them as they are.

Got it home.....ole man cheater specs on.....🧐.....bamsucka....same location as on your Mausingfield. (y)

View attachment 8373919
As long as your prefit barrel is from a quality vendor or smith, it should shoot as good or better than any you’ve had. I’m personally very happy with both my action and the barrel I bought from SPR (Bugholes).

And yes, the actions are nicely packed with a fit and finish that is very good. Better than many imo.

Welcome to the build your own rabbit hole. It can get addicting.

As long as your prefit barrel is from a quality vendor or smith, it should shoot as good or better than any you’ve had. I’m personally very happy with both my action and the barrel I bought from SPR (Bugholes).

And yes, the actions are nicely packed with a fit and finish that is very good. Better than many imo.

Welcome to the build your own rabbit hole. It can get addicting.

Thank you.

I can see where it could be tempting…..

Can see where this leads…….LW CDG set up in light stock with cf barrel in a good hunting cartridge.….financially irresponsible for me right now but fun as hell. :)

• Love
Reactions: lash
Nice. I just moved to texas and have to go get a drivers license before I can even get mine. Soonest I could make appointment was 4/4 so if mine comes in before then I'm going to be sad.
This reminds me, Texas has the most antiquated DMV I’ve seen in a while, though Colorado is close.

By comparison, Florida DMV is a dream.

1710798897750.jpeg

This reminds me, Texas has the most antiquated DMV I’ve seen in a while, though Colorado is close.

By comparison, Florida DMV is a dream.

View attachment 8375830

Hell yeah !!!!!!!

No need to lug around a spotting scope with that glass.

That's a big'un you got there. (no homo)

:giggle: (y):giggle:(y)

Just tell them you're an illegal and they won't ask for ID.🙄🤣

"My name is JuanPablo Montoya......I am Undocumented Sniper......here for my Coup de Grace.
Give it to me. Mas rapido."

• Haha
Reactions: pingunit and lash
Sightron SVIII 5-40. It’s beauty eh?

I love Sightron glass.

Sure is.

A buddy has two Sightrons and I've looked through his newest one. Impressive.
Not as high on top magnification as yours, though.

I'd looked 'em up on sale at CamerlandNY.

The pics on their listing had me scratching my head, however....specifically the elevation turret markings.

I'm dumb at times, but generally not stupid.....but the markings had me confuddled at first.

Image 881.jpeg

Whats confusing? Unless Im so dumb that I'm missing it?

It was me...and not having coffee.

I didn't realize the monster had a 40mm tube with a MASSIVE adj range.

That is some next-level range of adjustment & zoom.
Well above anything I've been exposed to. :)

I'm recently coming from simple duplex hunting reticles and capped turrets that I only used for 100yd sigh-ins.

The precision rifle world has been a refreshing eye-opener.

Over the past year of evaluating & acquiring some new gear I'm sure I've resembled Gomer friggin Pyle quite often.....

ESpI6NVG.gif

Last edited:
Anyone know if mods are required to run in an AICS?
I had to modify the mag latch and n my mpa lite, and my mdt acc. I made a video explaining it. My mpa matrix had enough adjustment to it though.
ARC Coup de Grace: The Good, The Bad, The Almost Ugly

Tremor3Guy helped me out.Put a rifle together for my nephew.Had to take off almost .090 for aics mags in 6.5PRC.Its in a APW carbon X stock.Didnt use the aics tab arc sends and it feeds perfect and front of mag stops on bottom of action

any sign of ai aw mags for sale in the states?

I set up a "notify me when in stock" notification on EuroOptic on them. 2-3 weeks later they shot me an email saying they were in stock. Picked up two.

Thought about it and wished I'd grabbed two more, lol. Was poking around on GA Precision's website and saw the AIAW in stock on their store. Grabbed another pair of 'em.

This was within the past month.

The "notify me when in stock" emails have come in from other places recently, too. Cant remember exactly which sites.

Reactions: lash
Instagram says tomorrow...I have plenty AW with HRD kit for my needs but Gray ops claim it will be a 12 rounder so Dave Preston has my attention.

Reactions: st1650 and lash
Update on the extractor thing for you early adopters:

I got my SA CDG from PBB, along with a barrel. It came fast because it was the most common one they manufacture, I think (RH, SA, .473, black knob, 20MOA).

Because it came so fast, I realized I was probably one of the people who needed a replacement extractor (although I have had no issues). I reached out to ARC, they asked for my serial number, then confirmed that I should get one and asked for my address. Unfortunately, they never sent it.

PBB was very responsive, however, and put one in the mail immediately.

As advertised, it took about 5 minutes to install, no tools needed. Having read about issues others have had, I was worried, but mine had none at all. I marked it with a brown Sharpie and see no signs of wear against the conical breach, and closure is exactly as easy as it always was. It is noticeably chunkier than the old extractor.

Kudos to PBB, both for their responsiveness, and because I assume the reason I had no issues is that they milled my barrel to ARC's precise specs, whereas (I am guessing) others who have had issues have breaches that are out of spec.

If three emails and five minutes is the price I pay for a relatively innovative action at an excellent price... it remains a stellar deal.

IMG_1373.jpeg

Do you close it on a piece of brass?

I have the old one which works fine on my flat breech Nuke 2.0 barrel. What’s the difference? Why is it required ?

I have the old one which works fine on my flat breech Nuke 2.0 barrel. What’s the difference? Why is it required ?

According to arc, it was possible to bounce the old extractor out of the retaining groove in the bolt head when running the bolt fast under certain circumstances, mostly with large/heavy magnum cases.

The updated design extractor with the plunger pin instead of the ball is supposed to prevent that as the pin catches the notch in the extractor.

So is there a long term problem with the extractor contacting the breech? Does that means the bolt lugs no longer properly/evenly engaging the action lugs?

So is there a long term problem with the extractor contacting the breech? Does that means the bolt lugs no longer properly/evenly engaging the action lugs?

Having the extractor contact the breech is something I would fix ASAP, having steel on steel contact means something is going to scrape, gall, or get damaged sooner rather than later, as there isn't much give in any of the components involved. Best case you scrape up the ejector and breech a bit, worst case the extra load imparted on the lugs from extractor to breech contact while the bolt is camming closed and smashing things together damages the lugs of the bolt or receiver.

The extractor should not contact the breech even when snapping over a case rim if you single load, but it seems some are having issues with contact between the extractor and conical breech, probably based on tolerance stacking on their particular set of components, or possibly the barrel was machined incorrectly and is out of ARC's tenon print tolerances.

Based off measurements I've taken on several ARC actions and seeing how tight and consistent they seem to hold dimensions my hunch would be the cone on the barrel was cut a bit out of spec and is too close to the bolt head resulting in contact and not the bolt head/receiver/extractor being out of spec-- but it could easily be a combination of everything involved being on one side of the tolerance band that reduces the available clearance between the extractor and the conical breech resulting in contact.

I have a fairly early production PVA 22GT barrel on my CDG and there are no clearance issues between both the original and updated extractor and the conical breech-- even if I put a case in the chamber by hand and then close the bolt so the extractor has to snap over the case rim. Others haven't been so lucky.

ARC's CDG tenon print shows a 30 degree +0/-2 degree angle on the cone, 0.760 +/- 0.004 on the tenon length, and 0.147 +/- 0.004 on the case head to chamber/cone intersection... maybe it would be better to cut the angle on the minimum side of tolerance at 28 degrees, the tenon length closer to the minimum at 0.756", and the case head to chamber/cone intersection at the maximum of 0.151"-- all these together would not only move the breech face a little bit further away from the extractor, but cutting the angle at the minimum of 28 degrees would also make the cone a little larger and extend it closer to the OD of the tenon and provide additional clearance for the extractor when it snaps over the case rim.

Be interesting to model everything up and do a tolerance stacking study with all the tenon and cone dimensions at the "closer to bolt head" side of tolerances as well as another model with all the dimensions at the "furthest from bolt head" side of tolerances and see what both situations come up with for the minimum extractor to breech clearance when the extractor snaps over the rim of a chambered case... but it would only be a partial tolerance stacking study without also knowing the tolerances ARC has applied to the receiver face to lug dimensions, bolt face to bolt lug dimensions, extractor dimensions, etc.

Party time! Only took a few weeks for backorder to be fulfilled. Good job on eurooptics. View attachment 8382909
You may want to proactively tweak the spring on those things. I purchased 5 recently and none would feed reliably out of the package. There isn’t nearly enough spring pressure on the follower and what little there is is front centric which causes bolt over cartridge malfunctions.

Anyone have a 22lr trainer to complement their CDG? With the CDG feeling closer to a typical 90* throw I was thinking Bergara B14R? Obviously there’s Vudoo/Zermatt but not wanting to go all out on a 22lr yet lol

Thanks guys

If it helps your decision I played with my friends b14r and was very impressed. I also took it out of the stock to install a full length arca for him. While out I took the barreled action and put it in my xylo chassis and it ran absolutely flawless with doing nothing more then just tightening the action screws. Not a bad setup for the money imo.

I’ve seen the ba for $650 and used xylos for $800. This has definitely got my wheels spinning on what seems like a very capable setup with the same chassis as my main comp rifle for $1,450

I’ve seen the ba for $650 and used xylos for $800. This has definitely got my wheels spinning on what seems like a very capable setup with the same chassis as my main comp rifle for $1,450
Yeah definitely, would probably go with another Ultradyne UD7 myself

Anyone have a 22lr trainer to complement their CDG? With the CDG feeling closer to a typical 90* throw I was thinking Bergara B14R? Obviously there’s Vudoo/Zermatt but not wanting to go all out on a 22lr yet lol

Thanks guys
I guess I'm not too picky as I don't have a problem switching between bergara b14r, vudoo 360, and cdg. AndJ sporting's heavy barrel bergara is a good option if you're planning on shooting prs with it. Balancing the lighter 18" barrel in the standard action can be problematic with some chassis.

I guess I'm not too picky as I don't have a problem switching between bergara b14r, vudoo 360, and cdg. AndJ sporting's heavy barrel bergara is a good option if you're planning on shooting prs with it. Balancing the lighter 18" barrel in the standard action can be problematic with some chassis.
True, I’m not sure it really matters. Just going off what I typically see with people trying to match the feel of their bigger guns.

The A&J heavy barreled action is $400 more and around a 6 month wait. I’m not going to be shooting serious PRS with it, just a lr trainer and maybe shoot some impromptu challenges with some friends. So I think I’ll go with the normal 18” and upgrade the barrel down the road if necessary

Last edited: