• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Night Vision couple Threw the NOD pics

Asm1

Night walker
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2008
RBC / Gadsden AL.
asm-holsters.com
Rabbit on the other side of a chain link fence..NO MOON Dark eria 35-40 yards..

6015 head mounted NOD ITT 64LPI Autogated Thin film CVLL200 FILM Aimer..
imageawt.jpg

Re: couple Threw the NOD pics

Full Moon old pic.

1.5-5 MR/T leupold on 2x pvs24 close to 200 yards on the horse's..
I will get more pics when I can..The Camera phone is all I have sorry if its not Tits..I spent the coin on NV..
thermal013.jpg

was a full moon...

LOL....<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoveSPR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dont shoot Frankie, thats your dog! </div></div>

Yeah LOL.. gen1 I-phone...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor-TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ALL I-Phone again? ;-) Most are taken better than I see in high end cameras! </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah LOL.. gen1 I-phone...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor-TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ALL I-Phone again? ;-) Most are taken better than I see in high end cameras! </div></div> </div></div>

hehe, don't we all wish we can get Gen 1 looking that! I have a EVO phone with a 9mp camera built in but never thought about trying it through a NOD.

You're making me a believer in high light. Be curious how it would turn out in very low light down range. Even with the high end cameras, if not enough light down range, the auto focus cannot lock.

Then again, that is why Clasky takes all the pics nowadays when he sets everything at manual mode. I'm Mr. Potato head on the camera gung foo.... :-D

I could almost not even see the dog house and I know its there, or even think about knowing a Rabbit was there or the Coons that went faster than I could get a Pic of ..I know there is a deep woods dark that brings down the best NV..We go there often for the level playing field it offers with Predators,Most do not go out on these nights,They think it hurts there chance's to make kills,I know on the bright nights we think we have the Advantage,This is not true the predators see well beyond what we can on the bright nights,Only when its pitch black do we have some advantage because we are almost level playing fields accept there super natural seances' they have,We learn to use creeks,cliffs and other natural terrain that has our 6/flank unobtainable most of the time,One Mountain Lion showed me things I didnt know I Was capable of LOL... have goose bumps from the Thought of that Night,was an eye opener..

Taking pics in the deep woods is not a thought that goes threw our mind as busy as we are when we are there,I dont think I could get a Pic to even show anything in the woods when its dark..I've struggled to see and make a Kill shot at 20 yards with a 72lp s/n PVS14..EVEN A raptor 4x or an AQUILLA has left us with a picture that looks like the Movie PITCH BLACK,If these scopes didn't get it done a Clip pvs24,22,27 all would be useless trying to get a pic threw in the deep woods UNDER THE SAME CONDITIONS less IR..The pvs22,27 would have an advantage over the 24,But the AQUILLA whoops them all when its really dark and I DONT THINK(?) I could get a Pic focus like you said threw them so I dont know how to show the dark woods threw NV?...I know its kind an Urban Pic behind my house with the lights in the distance,But Hi light it was not to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor-TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah LOL.. gen1 I-phone...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor-TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ALL I-Phone again? ;-) Most are taken better than I see in high end cameras! </div></div> </div></div>

hehe, don't we all wish we can get Gen 1 looking that! I have a EVO phone with a 9mp camera built in but never thought about trying it through a NOD.

You're making me a believer in high light. Be curious how it would turn out in very low light down range. Even with the high end cameras, if not enough light down range, the auto focus cannot lock.

Then again, that is why Clasky takes all the pics nowadays when he sets everything at manual mode. I'm Mr. Potato head on the camera gung foo.... :-D </div></div>

Yeah I got to agree Vic, nice pics
smile.gif
I saw "Gen1" too at first and it took me a moment to realise ASM1 was saying "First Generation iPhone" and not "Gen1 Night Vision" LOL!

Actually, I know we're getting a little off topic, but it's worth thinking about how both animals and humans work under dark conditions... Animals tend to slink off at the noise we make, but I guess a mountain lion doesn't think anything will attack it... Same with foxes out my way - not that they try to hunt me, but they did try to hunt some of the kids ( adult sized ) staying in a tent once... Hunt as in had no idea what the tent was, but they probably figured it contained food and wanted to get it... Kids were probably safe but freaked and my friend went over there. LoL!. Fox was gone, but the kids were still screaming. Anyway, once a fox takes a .22 rimfire bullet ( most common caliber farmers in my area have ) and keeps on going, it learns to avoid people and it's those foxes that show you that they can't see at night. Because if they can see you, they take off real quick. If they don't they act like you're not there. They are the hardest to hunt down because they don't go anywhere near people and run when they see a light.

Though I guess foxes do attack sometimes: eg http://www.wsbtv.com/video/23589965/index.html Though I think I'd prefer to be attacked by a fox than a mountain lion.

Though i've found most animals can't see me under starlight conditions at any reasonable range. I can usually get close enough to aim carefully, sometimes just walking up and aiming. But if I make too much noise, I think they hear me long before they spot me.

And you're right about really dark conditions. The circumstances we take photo's in usually show nice pictures from a PVS-14 or the likes. It's rare to take photo's in really dark circumstances...

So I'll add a few more to this thread to get my post back on topic.

david-Panorama-s.jpg

A combination of three images showing a line of up top-performing systems under really dark conditions and dead vegetation ( low IR reflectivity ) - An XR5 ( Top of the line Gen2 ) MUM-14, an Omni VII AN/PVS-14 and a Micro/M703 combination MX10160A/AVS-6 Omni V - These are all better-than-average current military tech and the darkness really is pervading. All of the systems still give a good image, but it's already too dark for my AN/PVS-4 Gen2 to do much without extra IR.

ASM1 - just a thought - if you travel in those sort of conditions a lot, how about a fusion monocular?

Regards
David.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cj7hawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Yeah I got to agree Vic, nice pics
smile.gif
I saw "Gen1" too at first and it took me a moment to realise ASM1 was saying "First Generation iPhone" and not "Gen1 Night Vision" LOL!

Actually, I know we're getting a little off topic, but it's worth thinking about how both animals and humans work under dark conditions... Animals tend to slink off at the noise we make, but I guess a mountain lion doesn't think anything will attack it... Same with foxes out my way - not that they try to hunt me, but they did try to hunt some of the kids ( adult sized ) staying in a tent once... Hunt as in had no idea what the tent was, but they probably figured it contained food and wanted to get it... Kids were probably safe but freaked and my friend went over there. LoL!. Fox was gone, but the kids were still screaming. Anyway, once a fox takes a .22 rimfire bullet ( most common caliber farmers in my area have ) and keeps on going, it learns to avoid people and it's those foxes that show you that they can't see at night. Because if they can see you, they take off real quick. If they don't they act like you're not there. They are the hardest to hunt down because they don't go anywhere near people and run when they see a light.

Though I guess foxes do attack sometimes: eg http://www.wsbtv.com/video/23589965/index.html Though I think I'd prefer to be attacked by a fox than a mountain lion.

Though i've found most animals can't see me under starlight conditions at any reasonable range. I can usually get close enough to aim carefully, sometimes just walking up and aiming. But if I make too much noise, I think they hear me long before they spot me.

And you're right about really dark conditions. The circumstances we take photo's in usually show nice pictures from a PVS-14 or the likes. It's rare to take photo's in really dark circumstances...

So I'll add a few more to this thread to get my post back on topic.

david-Panorama-s.jpg

A combination of three images showing a line of up top-performing systems under really dark conditions and dead vegetation ( low IR reflectivity ) - An XR5 ( Top of the line Gen2 ) MUM-14, an Omni VII AN/PVS-14 and a Micro/M703 combination MX10160A/AVS-6 Omni V - These are all better-than-average current military tech and the darkness really is pervading. All of the systems still give a good image, but it's already too dark for my AN/PVS-4 Gen2 to do much without extra IR.

ASM1 - just a thought - if you travel in those sort of conditions a lot, how about a fusion monocular?

Regards
David.

</div></div>

you can see a definate difference in the mx-11769 tube. they are tough to beat. i have a mx-11769/uv in my 14 and it always seems to have just a slight edge over other systems i've compared it to.

I have to say, I'm disappointed. After reading the thread title, I was hoping for a durability test involving the flinging of some expensive hardware...