• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Crooked Turret on my Falcon Menace!!

Re: Crooked Turret on my Falcon Menace!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Roadwild17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I now know where to not get a fakecog from. </div></div>Yep.

You'll all be happy to know that I just broke the turret clean off. I decided to twist it some, and I ended up shearing off the turret. Here is a pic with the cap removed:

IMGP0091.jpg

The rod that holds on the turret looks like a very soft metal. I believe it is cast aluminum. (I sheared off a similar piece while working on my VW this year. Not my favorite choice of metal on rotating pieces). I inspected the piece, and it had two different fracture angles. It looks as if it cracked when the turret was canted (the first angle), and then again when the rod failed (i.e. sheared off) when I turned it more (the second angle).

This leads me to believe that the turret did get whacked, and that is the cause of the canted turret. I must have done it because I looked back to the original pictures remaction sent, and the turret wasn't canted (maybe I should have looked at those pictures a while ago...) I must have tossed my range bag, or laid it wrong and it cant the turret. I thought a scope of that reputation would take a little abuse, but apparently not. I doubt that I can get a replacement, which sucks, but at least the reticle still moves properly.

Remaction, sorry to bad mouth you. As for the Falcon, I am less than impressed with it's durability. It definitely wouldn't pass Nobody's rifle test...

I'll just have to zero it at 100 and do hold overs. Oh well.

I don't think YOU would pass Nobody's test.

Yepp plenty ok Falcons have pased peps rifle test. A guy ran one aginse a Luepy a few days ago. They both passed.

At least now you have a reason to get the new SS variable :)

You will likey

That right there is some hard-core back peddling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think YOU would pass Nobody's test. </div></div>

Amen brother!

Well, at least you're big enough to admit it......
Something to be said for that.

To all,

HiTechTactical and I exchanged a few emails today after I became aware of the issue. He has been professional and open minded. Dustin, I appreciate the apology. Let's drop the issue and move on.

Kevin.

Remaction, that's a very honorable position to take, and I really respect you for being the bigger man in this "dispute".

I, on the other hand, am normally a lot less forgiving. Your behavior is a good example. Thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remaction</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To all,

HiTechTactical and I exchanged a few emails today after I became aware of the issue. He has been professional and open minded. Dustin, I appreciate the apology. Let's drop the issue and move on.

Kevin. </div></div>

+100

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Urimaginaryfrnd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
HiTechTactical said:
Here is how the gun rides to the range:

IMGP0087.jpg

...a nice padded case/shooting mat. There is no way that was "bumped" into that cant.

<span style="font-weight: bold">B>S>
Now Learn from this: look where the case handle is, and look which way the scope will point --- down rather than up. The edge of that case being the thinest point. </span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Scoped rifes need to be carried with the scope UP not DOWN. Dropping the case with the scope at the bottom caused the weight of the rifle to land on that target knob. </span>

</div></div>

did you ever get those quaaludes I sent you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Urimaginaryfrnd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No but as a matter of fact if you have some more I can certainly arrange for someone to pick them up.

I hold a TECLOSE Advanced Certificate. </div></div>

Then use your investigative skills to re-read the thread to see it was already addressed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Urimaginaryfrnd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
HiTechTactical said:

IMGP0087.jpg

...a nice padded case/shooting mat. There is no way that was "bumped" into that cant.

Now Learn from this: look where the case handle is, and look which way the scope will point --- down rather than up. The edge of that case being the thinest point. </span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Scoped rifes need to be carried with the scope UP not DOWN. Dropping the case with the scope at the bottom caused the weight of the rifle to land on that target knob. </span>

</div></div>

did you ever get those quaaludes I sent you? </div></div>

You sent him quaaludes,all you sent me was roofies.I think your just trying to get in my pants you homo
eek.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That right there is some hard-core back peddling.

</div></div>
LOL. +1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Urimaginaryfrnd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Urimaginaryfrnd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No but as a matter of fact if you have some more I can certainly arrange for someone to pick them up.

Then use your investigative skills to re-read the thread to see it was already addressed. </div></div>
Well if this forum didnt post a response area at the bottom of page one like it was the last post on the thread I might have seen what you are talking about there Cpt. Ass. I'm still a little new to the forum, thanks for the warm welcome there Cpt. Ass. </div></div>

You've been here since April, Hero.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SIERRAWHISKEY</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Urimaginaryfrnd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
HiTechTactical said:

IMGP0087.jpg

</div></div>

did you ever get those quaaludes I sent you? </div></div>

You sent him quaaludes,all you sent me was roofies.I think your just trying to get in my pants you homo
eek.gif
</div></div>

we call them rapies lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Urimaginaryfrnd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Urimaginaryfrnd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No but as a matter of fact if you have some more I can certainly arrange for someone to pick them up.

Then use your investigative skills to re-read the thread to see it was already addressed. </div></div>
Well if this forum didnt post a response area at the bottom of page one like it was the last post on the thread I might have seen what you are talking about there Cpt. Ass. I'm still a little new to the forum, thanks for the warm welcome there Cpt. Ass. </div></div>

Welcome to the Hide...

Maintain chill there FNG.... Seek thicker skin... or this place be not for thee

heheheheh,
He called CKA "cpt ass".......twice!

still claiming newness, really?

Like every single one of us hasn't f-ed up and gone off on a rant speaking faster than we think.
He admitted such and that is worth lots as most folks know WAY too much to learn anything.

The cheap scope irony thing is still funny.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">heheheheh,

still claiming newness, really? </div></div>

yeah my imaginary friend is a doucher.... like some other friends I have around here
wink.gif

all is well that ends well.........

a few points learned..
1) if you buy a cheap scope made from pot metal and nylon from china, be very nice to it, no drag bags.
2) there is a very real difference in a real scope and a chinese knock off, and that difference is on the "inside" not the outside.
3) you get what you pay for. always.
4) I missed out on the popcorn.
5) warranties only go so far when dealing with a product of which the glass is made in japan and shipped to china to be mated to a pot metal chassis to be shipped to the UK to be "tweeked" and re-boxed to be shipped to the USA to be sold to a customer who is at the mercy of a warranty only held up by the dealer in the USA who has no control over any of it.
6) time to change the channel, the show is over.

that is all, carry on.

you're awfully sensitive

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Urimaginaryfrnd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No but as a matter of fact if you have some more I can certainly arrange for someone to pick them up.

<span style="font-size: 11pt">It's <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">TCLEOSE</span></span>, not <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">TECLOSE</span></span></span>.

<span style="font-size: 11pt">It represents <span style="font-weight: bold">T</span>exas <span style="font-weight: bold">C</span>ommissions on <span style="font-weight: bold">L</span>aw <span style="font-weight: bold">E</span>nforcement <span style="font-weight: bold">O</span>fficers <span style="font-weight: bold">S</span></span>tandards and <span style="font-weight: bold">E</span>ducation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HiTechTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't believe that it took me that long to notice it either. The pics I sent were of the scope turret run all the way out, so it does accent how canted the turret is. I guess I was being hard on the guy that sold it to me by saying how could he not notice it because I did sight the gun in with a canted turret.

IMGP0086.jpg

IMGP0087.jpg

...a nice padded case/shooting mat. There is no way that was "bumped" into that cant. Even with good mounts, the scope would've twisted in the mount before the turret would give in.

I guess when I mounted the scope, I was so focused on how level the bottom of the scope was to the mount, that I didn't even look at the turret. I mounted the scope with feeler gauges. I leveled the bottom of the scope to the mount. I never level a scope by the top turret. Here is a pic of the mount:

IMGP0088.jpg

I only had to make minor adjustments once I boresighted the scope. I always pull the bolt, or remove the upper from the lower and sight through the barrel. I then look through the lens and make my large adjustments when I am rough sighting in a scope. I wasn't even looking at the turret when I did my rough sight in where I turn the turret a lot. I only had to fine tune the clicks (about .5 mils) after that. I guess I never did look closely at the turret until later.

When the turret is cranked all the way down, as it is when I sighted it in, the cant is not as noticeable, but it is noticeable. I noticed it when my gun was sitting in my office on the floor, and I was standing over it. I noticed how crooked the turret looked. I thought maybe the scope came loose from when I originally mounted it, but after inspection, that is when I noticed the turret.

I want the scope to work. I don't want some BS problems.

For those of you that said I am the one that twisted the turret, let me ask this...How would that be possible? And, if I did twist the turret (which there is no way in hell I did) why would I run that chintzy of a scope on my rifle? Falcon even admitted it was defective from the factory.

<span style="color: #FF0000">All I want is a good scope that works, and I think their service is lacking up to this point.</span> Hopefully Scott at Wonder Optics will be of some help. I'll have to call him in the morning.
</div></div>

You shouldnt have bought this in the first place then! I would have gone Nightforce, S&B, USO, Premier, or a few other options but this. They are not well built and have a poor track record with customer service. Just read some of the past issues others have had.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">heheheheh,

still claiming newness, really? </div></div>

yeah my imaginary friend is a doucher.... like some other friends I have around here
wink.gif
</div></div>

I don't think he's ever fully recovered from me referring to him as "Private Grabass".

I still have to laugh at this.

First, because of the shenanigans that occurred over the supposed receipt of damaged property, then the backpedaling.

Secondly because this damage supposedly occurred now because the scope was not handled with kid gloves on the way to the range.

I ran my Falcon on my duty rifle for a year's worth of schools, practice, competition, stalking and daily abuse in the trunk of a squad car. It's rode to jail with bicycles laying on it. The whole time the rifle and optic were protected only by a Condor drag bag. Amazingly enough my turrets are intact (except for the spots where paint and anodizing are worn off), track true, and hold zero. It IS possible that it was defective at some point and a blow caused the defect to fail, but everyone has a lemon from time to time.

I guess I have to chuckle at "TheArtist's" wisdom because I know I am not the only one who has treated a Falcon scope this way. I watched another gentleman drag his through the Oregon mud on a stalk and it seemed to work just fine as well. So my massive sample of two must out weight this defective sample of one. Right?????

Is a Falcon the most durable scope out there? Probably not. I am quite sure I could use my USO to pound it to scrap. Is it more than durable enough to get the job done? IMHO, yes.

Look Hot Shot, I pointed out something already addressed before you popped in. You're the doucher that responded with the names and citing your inability to comprehend what goes on in this forum after three months. You amped it up and I'm responding. If you can't figure it out, it explains why you had to leave Texas.

Okaaaaay...

So if I understand the analogy correctly as it applies to this situation; the gang guys represent CKA, the forum moderator is Clint Eastwood and you would be either the white wannabe kid or the asian chick, right?

I don't think LL is going to save you like that... so, I'll go with the white kid.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kombayotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Okaaaaay...

So if I understand the analogy correctly as it applies to this situation; the gang guys represent CKA, the forum moderator is Clint Eastwood and you would be either the white wannabe kid or the asian chick, right?

I don't think LL is going to save you like that... so, I'll go with the white kid. </div></div>

LOL-

This pissing match is taking away from the utter stupidity of this thread. Oh well.

i really dont think anyone is trying to intimidate you, and CKA doesnt have a gang, he is real life friends with some of those guys. No one under estimated you and frankly im pretty sure that no one really gives a flying shit about it.

Everyone that contributed to this thread needs to update their profile.

lol, I am betting if you all knew who Urimginaryfrnd was and what he does for a living the vid would have made more sense. I thought it was quite funny actually having that knowledge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: prplhaz72</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol, I am betting if you all knew who Urimginaryfrnd was and what he does for a living the vid would have made more sense. I thought it was quite funny actually having that knowledge. </div></div>

Share the knowledge then smarty pants!

Whoa, this thread is gettin' good! ...complete with pointless finger pointing, clueless newbies and witless threats!

My favorite part is when the OP opened a can of internet whoop-ass, then tried to put it back in the jar it when he realized 1. he jumped the gun and 2. he killed his rep around here.

I'm staying tuned. This can only lead to one thing....

Circuitous trajectory, this thread...

I now officially believe nothing I read on the interwebs, to include even the secrets the medical, mortgage, real estate, stock brokerage and dick lengthening industries, etc., don't want me to know...

I think he and CKA staged the whole thing just to get his post count up high enough that he can sell stuff...
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: prplhaz72</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol, I am betting if you all knew who Urimginaryfrnd was and what he does for a living the vid would have made more sense. I thought it was quite funny actually having that knowledge. </div></div>

I'd be surprised he'd pass the psych exam if he reads this much into internet forum debates:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Urimaginaryfrnd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually I'm inclined to think the gang has under estimated me and is used to CKA attempting to intimidate others to impress his gang.

</div></div>

----------------------------------------------------------------

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whoa, this thread is gettin' good! ...complete with pointless finger pointing, clueless newbies and witless threats!

<span style="color: #3366FF">My favorite part is when the OP opened a can of internet whoop-ass, then tried to put it back in the jar it when he realized 1. he jumped the gun and 2. he killed his rep around here.</span>
I'm staying tuned. This can only lead to one thing....
</div></div>

-and there you have the crux of the issue, without the UIF/CKA sideshow (that I believe Ratbert has gotten to the bottom of).

Speaking of backfilling...

Did you guys see pathetic psycho Dan Rather, on with Neal Cavuto yesterday? You may recall that after presenting a bogus story on W's Air National Guard service (in the '60's) , on his CBS news broadcast back in 04, a blogger discovered that the damning letter, supposedly proving young Bush had faked his service, could not be authentic. The font used in the letter was not available at the time the letter was to have been written.

Rather's horseshit story fell apart, but not until after lying and delaying for a couple weeks, calling the blogger's names, accusing the Bush admin. of coercion and censorship, while the whole time, Rather was (and remains) a lying piece of shit.

This thread reminds me of Rather.

As I see it, Falcon Menace and our fellow hide member were unfairly smeared in what may be best characterized as a foul tempered rant. At worst, it was a damnable slander that seems only possible given the bravado provided by internet annonymity and distance between parties.

Rather thought his biased and equally dishonest bro's & Ho's in New York had his back; he was wrong.

Credibility: Gained in inches, lost in yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HiTechTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I bought a 4-14 FFP Falcon about a week ago from another Hide member. I got the scope for $350 which was not a great deal, but it was the model I wanted and it was available. I thought, okay, it's not new (it was almost new), but at least I don't have to wait for the model I want. I mounted the scope the other day, and sighted it in which went okay, but when I got home I noticed this...

IMGP0083.jpg

IMGP0078.jpg

IMGP0084.jpg

The top turret is WAY CROOKED!!! I don't know how this will effect actual adjustments, but it is definitely not right.

I wrote the Hide member, <span style="font-weight: bold">remaction</span>, (whom I purchased the scope from) and said that I was upset that he should have told me about the problem prior to the sale. He stated in his email, prior to sale, that the scope was in great shape. Obviously it is not in great shape. How could you miss a turret being that crooked...You can't!!

I wrote the guy on Friday, and I have not heard back from him yet. I hope someone reads this that knows this guy, <span style="font-weight: bold">remaction</span>, so they can tell him to contact me. I want to work out the issue with him instead of doing a chargeback through Paypal, but I need to get a response.

I also wrote [email protected]. The Falcon Rep admitted that it was defective from the factory, but since I lived in the US and not the UK, the only way I could get the scope replaced was through the dealer I purchased the scope from. ARRR!!! THAT'S BS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! The rep should have sent return information and sent another scope. Instead, the rep said the only way to have them service/replace the scope is through the certified dealer where I purchased the scope, and I have to exchange it based on their return policies.

I think this is CRAP!! So far, my experience with the Falcon Menace has been sub par. Poor customer service, a poor product, and poorer policies. </div></div>

It looks like it was bumped and all you need to do is reloctite the bootom portion of the base. That is all problem solved the spindle looks straight.

See picture.

kn

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Speaking of backfilling...

Did you guys see pathetic psycho Dan Rather, on with Neal Cavuto yesterday? You may recall that after presenting a bogus story on W's Air National Guard service (in the '60's) , on his CBS news broadcast back in 04, a blogger discovered that the damning letter, supposedly proving young Bush had faked his service, could not be authentic. The font used in the letter was not available at the time the letter was to have been written.

Rather's horseshit story fell apart, but not until after lying and delaying for a couple weeks, calling the blogger's names, accusing the Bush admin. of coercion and censorship, while the whole time, Rather was (and remains) a lying piece of shit.

This thread reminds me of Rather.

As I see it, Falcon Menace and our fellow hide member were unfairly smeared in what may be best characterized as a foul tempered rant. At worst, it was a damnable slander that seems only possible given the bravado provided by internet annonymity and distance between parties.

Rather thought his biased and equally dishonest bro's & Ho's in New York had his back; he was wrong.

Credibility: Gained in inches, lost in yards. </div></div>

This just in, reporter blows whistle on politician with bad intel!!!
laugh.gif

Torf,

There's another thread with someone comparing weather forcasting inaccuracy to global warming crap, er, ah, I mean, Science...
laugh.gif

Honestly, the OP didn't remind you of "I never had sex with that woman" cough, cough, blue dress... or, Reagan's Iran contra, "I didn't know", with his mea maxima culpa, "Oh I might have bonked the scope turret afterall" post?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Torf,

There's another thread with someone comparing weather forcasting inaccuracy to global warming crap, er, ah, I mean, Science...
laugh.gif

Honestly, the OP didn't remind you of "I never had sex with that woman" cough, cough, blue dress... or, Reagan's Iran contra, "I didn't know", with his mea maxima culpa, "Oh I might have bonked the scope turret afterall" post? </div></div>

Hahaha everytime I see one of those threads I just stick my fingers in my ears and hum.

laugh.gif