• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custom Tikka T3 Lite by Chad at LongRifles Inc

Jeff in TX

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2004
McKinney, TX
I was finally able to get my new Tikka build out to the range to see what she would do. I tried last week but the new Leupold V6 1-6 had such a bad parallax issue it was impossible to sight the rifle in. I had to send the scope back to Leupold to be re-calibrated.

As fate would have Chad called me this morning to see how the rifle shoots. I like a g-smith who follows up on his work. I was actually packing the car heading to the range when he called. Last night I took an older Ziess 4.5 - 14off one of my other rifles so in case Leupold didn't get my scope back in time for opening day next weekend.

Here's the build. Chad used my Tikka T3 action as the foundation. As you can see from the range pics, he builds a true driver. This gun shot beyond my expectations!

The build consisted of facing off the small transition on the front of the receiver
Blue printed and trued the bolt and action
Designed, cut and pinned a custom Remington style recoil lug that matches the outer contour of the T3 receiver
Installed a 22" 1:8 SS #3 Brux barrel for .243 win - threaded for my muzzle break/QD suppressor adapter
Pillar bedded into a LH McMillan Sako hunter stock with LongRifles Inc prairie sage camo pattern
Dark Earth Ceracoked the barreled action
Currently a Ziess 4.5-14 x 44mm Conquest scope with Warne quick detachable rings

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

1 3-shot group at 100 Yards

2 3-shot groups at 200 Yards

Aggies fucking suck!!!!!

Something tells me Papagallos bleeds that color, "burnt orange" or maybe he's a fan of a different Big 12 school. Those days are in the past, the SEC is here and as a fighting Texas Aggie(Class of 2016), I respect your opinion but please refrain from being so vulgar about it. We may yell "Beat the hell outta ________!" But that's a 100 year old tradition. We don't "boo" we don't disrespect other teams when they show up to play at Kyle Field.... Instead we say Howdy and welcome them.

This is a thread about a rifle owned by an Aggie, not a thread to bash the university that owner attended.

Thanks and Gig 'Em!

Something tells me Papagallos bleeds that color, "burnt orange" or maybe he's a fan of a different Big 12 school. Those days are in the past, the SEC is here and as a fighting Texas Aggie(Class of 2016), I respect your opinion but please refrain from being so vulgar about it. We may yell "Beat the hell outta ________!" But that's a 100 year old tradition. We don't "boo" we don't disrespect other teams when they show up to play at Kyle Field.... Instead we say Howdy and welcome them.

This is a thread about a rifle owned by an Aggie, not a thread to bash the university that owner attended.

Thanks and Gig 'Em!

Humor me? :confused:

Stand tall, Stand true 100% of the time. Aggies do not disrespect opponents, we treat them just like family(tho we do horse-laugh at midnight yell but that's another tradition when stories about Ol Rock, the good Ag, are being told).

We have a saying here in Aggieland "from the outside looking in, you'll never understand it. from the inside looking out, you can't explain it.". A lot can be said about respecting one another, and at this 137yr old university, respect is a great priority on campus.

What did your rifle end up weighing after all the work?

I've been thinking of such a build in a 300 WSM for a lightweight hunting rig.

Great looking rifle.

What did your rifle end up weighing after all the work?

I've been thinking of such a build in a 300 WSM for a lightweight hunting rig.

Great looking rifle.

Chad said the rifle was right 7.5 lbs. Adding the new Leupold VX6 1 - 6 will add 14 oz plus another 4 oz for the rings, so just over 8.5 pounds.