• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 457

Placed an order yesterday from cz-parts for two 10 rd. mags. Was going to post a head's up here but showed out of stock 30 min. later.
Didn't see a customs disclaimer (went through it twice). UPS tracking shows an eta of 05/30. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, we definitely need a US manufacturer for these mags. These look great. Good luck to you Mnhoj. I hope they fixed the issue and ur experience is better than mine

Reactions: mnhoj
Yeah, we definitely need a US manufacturer for these mags. These look great. Good luck to you Mnhoj. I hope they fixed the issue and ur experience is better than mine
Standby……….

IMG_20230525_202832.jpg
IMG_20230525_202820.jpg

Well this week it sounds like we found a shop that wants to make these as bad as us! Only a few days in and production samples getting knocked out! 13rd as of now but 10 and 15 on the drawing board 😁

Run a few dry patches down first to make sure there’s nothing in there. Around 300 rds clean to remove carbon ring, and reshoot.

Reactions: lash
Sweet. I wasn't sure if I should clean it before I shot it or just start shooting it.
It never hurts to run a patch through a brand new barrel in my opinion. That way, any dirt, dust, grit, shavings or processing oils will be removed before firing first time.

Dry patch first. You want to get any foreign material out of there if there is any. I use Hoppes 9, for wet patch, but then I’m old fashioned. Unless your bore as received is really dirty, don’t bother with wet patch until after shooting.

Disclaimer, I make no claim as an expert and this is just what I do.

I need some help from you woodworkers. While cleaning my brand new unused Varmint MTR the stock got blemished from the solvent. My first thought was to use Birchwood Casey Walnut Stain thinned out a bit and try to blend it in. But any input would be greatly appreciated. Also what is a good way to add some shine to the stock.

20230527_074334.jpg
20230527_074303.jpg

I need some help from you woodworkers. While cleaning my brand new unused Varmint MTR the stock got blemished from the solvent. My first thought was to use Birchwood Casey Walnut Stain thinned out a bit and try to blend it in. But any input would be greatly appreciated. Also what is a good way to add some shine to the stock.

View attachment 8150036View attachment 8150038
I use Minwax wipe on poly, (satin) with very good results.

Dodged a bullet. ( :
Tracking shows the mags landing in Kentucky.
Placed an order yesterday from cz-parts for two 10 rd. mags. Was going to post a head's up here but showed out of stock 30 min. later.
Didn't see a customs disclaimer (went through it twice). UPS tracking shows an eta of 05/30. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: J_D and lash
Shot the mags in the match today.......they ran flawless. Had a few people try them out and they ran very well.

About 5 people in TX are ready to place orders just from the ones that were at the match today.
I'm ready to place an order as well. Just waiting for info.

Reactions: BowChamp and TrevK
Shot the mags in the match today.......they ran flawless. Had a few people try them out and they ran very well.

About 5 people in TX are ready to place orders just from the ones that were at the match today.
I don't even need to see it at a match and I am ready to buy two. Heck, they could cerakote it hot pink and I will still buy.
0400a614-b397-443d-8aa7-5a5ae895cc72.7331703801466ab0f6ae1047616b4d1c.jpeg

Thats a good sign. Once my shipment hit Kentucky, it said "pending until further notice" for the next 3 weeks

From a fairly new guy to the platform. What are the benefits or metal/billet mags? Sorry if this has been covered before.

From a fairly new guy to the platform. What are the benefits or metal/billet mags? Sorry if this has been covered before.
Availability, rd count, and made to precise standards. There will be 10, 13 and 15 rd counts.

Having tested them in match conditions........I won't go back to factory 10 rd ones.

I'll post up videos of them tomorrow in action.

Can't remember on the magazine but I think maybe 10-12 ft lbs. Action I use 25 ft lbs on every chassis or stock.

Since I'm actually paying attention now......go buy the DIP alumunum magwell and magwell block, and the Anarchy Outdoors extended mag release. There was another recent failure here with the stock plastic magwell. It cracks in the front where the screw is or disintegrates from the cleaning solvents.

Since I'm actually paying attention now......go buy the DIP alumunum magwell and magwell block, and the Anarchy Outdoors extended mag release. There was another recent failure here with the stock plastic magwell. It cracks in the front where the screw is or disintegrates from the cleaning solvents.

I just purchased that the other day. I order the Magwell, Magwell block, and the extended magazine release all from DIP.

Reactions: BowChamp and lash
Any updates?

Billet mags are still making progress. We found an awesome shop to help manufacture and get these to market as fast as we can. Fixtures are being made right not for the machining and springs are in process as well. It's hard to say how fast we can move but we are pushing hard to get the first shipment out still this summer. We put them on the site so people could sign up to be notified the second they show up in stock.

When we launch a new product we typically run a sale on products that can go along with it so when these go live be sure to look at the CZ bolt knob, extensions and mag block prices.

Billet mags are still making progress. We found an awesome shop to help manufacture and get these to market as fast as we can. Fixtures are being made right not for the machining and springs are in process as well. It's hard to say how fast we can move but we are pushing hard to get the first shipment out still this summer. We put them on the site so people could sign up to be notified the second they show up in stock.

When we launch a new product we typically run a sale on products that can go along with it so when these go live be sure to look at the CZ bolt knob, extensions and mag block prices.

awesome looking forward to them. my state limits to 10 rounds if those will be available at launch time.

He’s got a $1500 budget I think I can get him a decent setup that balances so he can actually make so hits and stick with it.

Are all the different CZ 457 models using the same action/bottom metal so they all work in aftermarket chassis or stocks or is it only certain models?

He’s got a $1500 budget I think I can get him a decent setup that balances so he can actually make so hits and stick with it.

Are all the different CZ 457 models using the same action/bottom metal so they all work in aftermarket chassis or stocks or is it only certain models?
Yes ll CZ 457's have the same action/bottom metal,
The alloy DIP magwell & mag release is a good idea too.

I was considering between the Tikka t1x, Cz457, and Bergara b14r. Did this to help decide. Yes I was looking left handed so models and options are oriented that way with the general slight price increase that entails. Going off msrp except for my actuals on the T1x I got.

Shootable for me was gun + rail + threads since I have a Thunderbeast 22 take down.
Screenshot_20230614_081349_ColorNote.jpg