• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dead on case trimmer - FANTASTIC PRODUCT!!!

Bob L Swagger

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2010
Base of the Appalachians
Recently, I decided I wanted to try out the Little Crow Gun Works Worlds finest case trimmer 2 due to the positive reviews that I read on various forums. I purchased the trimmer & 3 common trim chambers from Brownells. Unfortunately I had to place an order directly with LCGW LLC. for a 7 SAUM trim chamber (since Brownells didn't stock this item), in which dealing with the proprietor of said company turned out to be a headache in itself as you can see here:

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...est-trimmer-2-atrocious-customer-service.html

With that aside, I did like the product that LCGW was peddling, but I felt it was lacking something & could have been improved upon in some way. Fortunately, I was directed by a member of another forum to take a look at the Dead on case trimmer. I sent a text to Dustin (Owner of D.O.C.T. & a fantastic person to deal with) with a request for his product, he almost immediately replied back and provided his paypal payment information. Dustin explained that his trimmer and the WFT2 trimmers use the same bearing system, so I wouldn't need to purchase any trim chambers since I already had them. Being that I didn't need an insert with my trimmer, Dustin took it upon himself to upgrade my cutter from the high speed steel cutter to the carbide cutter, free of charge (this was extremely nice of him & was totally unexpected). A few hours later, I received a shipment notice and a tracking number. Not only is Dustin fantastic to deal with, he is also a stickler for QUICK SHIPPING as well!! It doesn't get any better than that!

A few days later, I received the dead on case trimmer and I must admit that it is a similar, yet FAR SUPERIOR product to the WFT2. Setup of the Dead on case trimmer is a breeze and is VERY easy to adjust to EXACTLY the desired length you require due to the micrometer adjustment (a feature lacked by the WFT2).

On a side note, the Dead on case trimmer actually works out to be less expensive than the WFT2. Although, both pieces of equipment cost $70, the Dead on case trimmer comes with a trim chamber of your choice, which the WFT2 does not. Additional trim chambers can be purchased for $20 each from Dustin. If you are in the market for a new case trimmer, don't hesitate to call or text Dustin for one of his.. You will be glad you did!

I am glad that I purchased the WFT2 from Brownells since I was able to take advantage of their 100% return policy guarantee! I sent the WFT2 back and I didn't even have to pay the shipping to do so!! This really worked out to be a WIN WIN situation!

Dustin's contact info:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=218&sid=72770&ad=29114643
801-598-2224

Description:

Dead on case trimmers are one of the fastest most accurate trimmers on the market. They leave very little burr. Has a 1/2″ shank to go in a drill or a drill press and will over double your output over conventional trimmers with higher accuracy. It has a micrometer adjustment to easily get it set. The trimmer is $70.00 with one insert of the caliber of your choice. Each additional caliber is $20.00. Call or text is best.

Now for some photos!

Last edited:
very nice looking product. was looking at getting a WFT but the micrometer adjustment seems like it would make life much easier.

Did you have any problems with it not staying at the length you set it at?

Didnt you just have a thread about how bad the customer service was with this company?

Adam, the poor customer service was with Little Crow Gunworks whom makes the WFT2 as explained in post #1 along with a link to the thread you speak of. The "Dead on case trimmer" is made by a different company...

Damn. I am balls deep on the original WFTs, and while I really like them and they do very consistent trims, the setting of the trim length is a pain in the ass. I don't think I'll sell them to jump into the Dead On trimmer, but it looks like a really great product.

Bob Lee,

Does this trimmer chamfer or does it just trim the end of the case flat. Your last picture shows a deep inner chamfer. Did you do this in a separate operation?

Thanks for your review.

Bob Lee,

Does this trimmer chamfer or does it just trim the end of the case flat. Your last picture shows a deep inner chamfer. Did you do this in a separate operation?

Thanks for your review.

I'm also interested in this as well. Your cuts look more like a VLD cutting tool. What do you use?

Bob Lee,

Thanks for your review.

The trimmer just cuts flat, you still need to chamfer and debur in a separate operation. I use a sinclair VLD chamfering tool in the impact driver and it seems to work well.

SINCLAIR CARBIDE VLD CASE MOUTH CHAMFERING TOOL | Brownells

Ordered one today. Dustin is a great guy to deal with. And just so you know if interested. If you get say a 308 bushing, that bushing will work with that caliber and anything smaller diamater with that parent case so 260, 243 etc. Same goes with the WSMs. Cant wait to give it a try. Thanks for the write up Bob.

While it is a pretty neat tool, unless it chamfers and deburrs at the same time it trims, I'm going to stick with my $25 Possum Hollow Trimmer for bulk 223 trimming and a Forster 3-in-1 trimmer for my accuracy loads/calibers.

I talked to Dustin yesterday and ordered one of his trimmers. He said that the phone number listed in the OP is best way to get a hold of him. Either by calling or by text. Also said he would have a Facebook page up shortly. As of right now there is no website to order.

His prices are $70 for the standard high speed cutter or $85 for the carbide cutter. Both come with one caliber insert included. Shipping is $10. Additional inserts are $20 each. He was a great guy to deal with.

Last edited:
I envy your set up. Three RCBS CM! I am wishing for two. I think I will have to have one of these trimmers. Thank you for posting

Came across this thread at the perfect time. I've got a ton of .223 and .308 that needs to get trimmed, and this looks perfect. Just looked up the price of the Giraud - and if that thing doesn't make me dinner, there's no way I'm spending that much money. I'll be giving him a all very soon.

Came across this thread at the perfect time. I've got a ton of .223 and .308 that needs to get trimmed, and this looks perfect. Just looked up the price of the Giraud - and if that thing doesn't make me dinner, there's no way I'm spending that much money. I'll be giving him a all very soon.
It may not make you dinner but it has to be one of the best tools I've invested in with this hobby ESPECIALLY if you have a large volume of cases to do ie: 223/308. With all the time you save doing the trimming/deburring/chamfering in one operation you can make yourself dinner. Yeah it might be ramen noodles till your wallet recovers but the Giraud is an awesome trimmer well worth the wait and money as was mentioned before.

I don't doubt the effectiveness and usefulness of the product - it's all I've heard about for a while now when it comes to this topic. I was thinking $200 was too much - then I found out how much they were going for and my mind was blown. My time is worth something, but at the same time, enjoy being at my bench. I think this Dead On Case Trimmer is plenty good for me, and I won't be broke. With the Dead On trimmer and my case prep center - I should do just fine.

I'm sure the Giraud is the best thing since sliced bread for those that can afford one - but I am not in that category.

Linky no worky.

And Google just brings you to the same OP on multiple boards, linking to the same broken link.

Wanted to thank Bob for this thread. Without it I wouldn't have known about this trimmer. Mine arrived last week. Like he said shipping was fast and the trimmer is a quality piece of equipment, very well built. If your on the fence about this trimmer just go ahead and order. You won't have buyers remorse about this one.

Does he have any email to contact him? I could not find on his add...

Thanks,

LRCampos.

Tell homeboy to make one that trims, chamfers and deburs for 80$ and he will become a millionare. I ain't buying one unless it does all 3.

Looks great. Anyone also used the "Trim It"? I would love a comparison of the two. Gonna buy one, just want to make the right choice...

Glad I found this thread. I had just called "the worlds finest trimmer" guy to ask a few questions about his product. I must say he was less than enthusiastic and seemed a bit put off by my few questions. Very short.

That conversation made me do some more shopping around. Can't afford a Giraud. Found this "Dead On" thread, called Dustin and ordered his trimmer. Great guy on the phone and more than willing to explain all the options available.

The "Trim It" is $100 plus shipping 2 cal. included. $15 each xtra cal., straight case adapter $35, handles 17 to 50 cal. with adapters. Has a working website. I will let you know as soon as they get here I have several Thousand 556 and 300 Blk. to trim. Just got don e with 1200, 308 with a lyman that I run with a drill I will leave it for 308 only. Can't afford a Giraud trimmer too many calibers. But I use all Harris bipods not Atlas so I'm not cool anyway lol. Would like a Giraud Annealer so if I save up for one maybe I will be forgiven

Reactions: blaserman33
Darrel Hollands the famous gun smith makes a great case trimmer, look it up.
Recently, I decided I wanted to try out the Little Crow Gun Works Worlds finest case trimmer 2 due to the positive reviews that I read on various forums. I purchased the trimmer & 3 common trim chambers from Brownells. Unfortunately I had to place an order directly with LCGW LLC. for a 7 SAUM trim chamber (since Brownells didn't stock this item), in which dealing with the proprietor of said company turned out to be a headache in itself as you can see here:

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...est-trimmer-2-atrocious-customer-service.html

With that aside, I did like the product that LCGW was peddling, but I felt it was lacking something & could have been improved upon in some way. Fortunately, I was directed by a member of another forum to take a look at the Dead on case trimmer. I sent a text to Dustin (Owner of D.O.C.T. & a fantastic person to deal with) with a request for his product, he almost immediately replied back and provided his paypal payment information. Dustin explained that his trimmer and the WFT2 trimmers use the same bearing system, so I wouldn't need to purchase any trim chambers since I already had them. Being that I didn't need an insert with my trimmer, Dustin took it upon himself to upgrade my cutter from the high speed steel cutter to the carbide cutter, free of charge (this was extremely nice of him & was totally unexpected). A few hours later, I received a shipment notice and a tracking number. Not only is Dustin fantastic to deal with, he is also a stickler for QUICK SHIPPING as well!! It doesn't get any better than that!

A few days later, I received the dead on case trimmer and I must admit that it is a similar, yet FAR SUPERIOR product to the WFT2. Setup of the Dead on case trimmer is a breeze and is VERY easy to adjust to EXACTLY the desired length you require due to the micrometer adjustment (a feature lacked by the WFT2).

On a side note, the Dead on case trimmer actually works out to be less expensive than the WFT2. Although, both pieces of equipment cost $70, the Dead on case trimmer comes with a trim chamber of your choice, which the WFT2 does not. Additional trim chambers can be purchased for $20 each from Dustin. If you are in the market for a new case trimmer, don't hesitate to call or text Dustin for one of his.. You will be glad you did!

I am glad that I purchased the WFT2 from Brownells since I was able to take advantage of their 100% return policy guarantee! I sent the WFT2 back and I didn't even have to pay the shipping to do so!! This really worked out to be a WIN WIN situation!

Dustin's contact info:

Classifieds for Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming | ksl.com
801-598-2224

Description:

Dead on case trimmers are one of the fastest most accurate trimmers on the market. They leave very little burr. Has a 1/2″ shank to go in a drill or a drill press and will over double your output over conventional trimmers with higher accuracy. It has a micrometer adjustment to easily get it set. The trimmer is $70.00 with one insert of the caliber of your choice. Each additional caliber is $20.00. Call or text is best.

Now for some photos!

Word on the street

Tell homeboy to make one that trims, chamfers and deburs for 80$ and he will become a millionare. I ain't buying one unless it does all 3.

I follow Trim-It on facebook and they just posted something saying they're coming out with a version this fall that does all three for $185. I don't see it on their website though.