• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dear Poor people bringing your poor people children to my neighborhood to Trick or Treat

Halloween is not what it used to be. Back in the 60's my grandparents spent days getting ready for trick or treaters by making candied apples. Always had big turn outs at their home. Sadly home made treats are long gone now to give out.
Halloween.jpg

My time was better spent last nigh hunting for coyotes. I didn't see any coyotes but it was still better than celebrating a pagan holiday.

Fuck it, They are kids..........it's not there fault what their parents do.......... they are just out trying to have fun........they are all welcome at my house............until I turn off the porch light......
agree

can't believe some people are actually in support of OP post, fking terrible

Reactions: Bigfatcock
agree

can't believe some people are actually in support of OP post, fking terrible
I was a poor once. I know, I know; I’m ashamed.

Parents never bought candy throughout the year, and we very much looked forward to Halloween. We’d put on our lame ass dollar store clown masks and go house to house in search of loot.

Afterwards we’d stuff ourselves with candy after the parents went through it.

It’s super easy to sit on the porch with a book and hand out candy. The only bummer part is you have to actually hand it out or some douche will dump the whole bowl into their bag.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
I enjoyed handing out candy when we lived in San Jose. We moved North and in the 32 years we've lived here we have had one
trick or treater. I still get candy every year but nothing. Been thinking about setting up a display in the front pasture to see if that
works but I hate to go to all the trouble for nothing.

My time was better spent last nigh hunting for coyotes. I didn't see any coyotes but it was still better than celebrating a pagan holiday.

I'm glad you didn't confuse the 2 activities. Handing candy to coyotes and hunting trick or treaters could be very embarrassing.

• Haha
Reactions: Longshot231
My Aunt lived in a rural area, about 45 minutes North of this city. She would go 'all-out' for the month of October, baking all kinds of treats and such. So-much-so, that she'd have pre-prepared bags to hand out to each of the neighbor kids. All of the neighbors knew eachother in this farming community, so all of the parents knew that the home-made goods were not just good, but GREAT.

We're talking about a 'real' farming community, where each house is a mile or so apart. So ALL the kids are driven around the neighborhood.

My point though, is over the years the 'word got out' and cars from further and further away started showing up at my Aunt's house on Halloween.

She was SO very proud of that. And the fact that it was ALL home-made goods that they were coming for, made her even happier.