• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Delta Stryker HD 4.5-30x56 - Tikka Ring height

SlimySquirrel

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2009
Hi all,

I know there is a sticky thread with how to measure ring height but I don’t have my rifle with me and don’t have the scope either!

Just purchased the new model with locking turrets and am looking to buy some Nightforce 4 screw rings to go on my Tikka super light that has an MDT 20 Moa rail on it.
Pretty keen on the lowest possible cheek weld so if anyone has used these 34mm rings with a similar sized objective please let me know.

I was thinking mediums?

Also pretty excited to be getting my hands on this scope. Have read Ilya’s reviews and can’t wait!

Price was really good down here in Australia.

First of all, you're gonna love the scope.

Second, my input won't be directly comparable because I'm using the factory Tikka CTR 0MOA rail and not an aftermarket 20MOA rail.

With that being said, I am running Vortex PMR 1.10" and I have about .1-.15" of clearance between the scope and barrel.

One more tip - the Aadmount caps for a Cronus will fit.

Reactions: SlimySquirrel
First of all, you're gonna love the scope.

Second, my input won't be directly comparable because I'm using the factory Tikka CTR 0MOA rail and not an aftermarket 20MOA rail.

With that being said, I am running Vortex PMR 1.10" and I have about .1-.15" of clearance between the scope and barrel.

One more tip - the Aadmount caps for a Cronus will fit.

View attachment 7112542
Scope arrives tomorrow.

Managed to source some Medium Badger 34mm alloy rings.

Reactions: patriot07
Ok, so I mock mounted it up in the Badger 34 mm medium alloy on a MDT 20 MOA rail to check the height.

Looks like it’s good to go.

Will check on the 0 MOA rail when I get home but it looks somewhat lower from the pictures.
4193E62D-0616-411C-AC58-A20C2DB99C50.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: patriot07