• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

demilled AK-47 brought back from Nam

AJB

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 30, 2007
South Florida
A buddy of mine is doing odds and ends construction jobs and was offered, by a retired Vietnam vet a de-milled AK-47 brought back with the papers. To the best of his knowledge he is only aware that the Army used lead to fill the barrel. As much as he would like to keep this thing he is really hard up for cash. Anyone know how much something like this would go for? He said from handling it, it is in very good condition.

Thanks guys.

Re: demilled AK-47 brought back from Nam

Wait... what?

He is being offered a full auto AK that has a lead plug in the barrel?

Good luck

Im sure you'd have to transfer it through a Class III FFL/SOT to legally do it.

Plus your buddy is going to lose $200 and time buying it.

And your buddy runs the risk of getting fucked on the deal if your class III dealer decides to mention to the guy that his F/A Ak is worth in the ballpark of 25-30K.

EDIT: since I see you're in So. FL, and Sec For, I'll assume you're at MacDill. Tell A1C Peters to stop buying dumb shit (IE; FN P90), Thanks. Just mention Alder and he'll remember...

buy it, make sure to get the paperwork with it.

Im just gonna suggest he calls a Class 3 dealer in his area.

@alderleet: Not from Macdill.

If it is a registered Demil buy it, you can rebuild it into a shooter (properly registered).

IF it is NOT a registered Demil - RUN very fast in the opposite direction. 10 years in a Federal Pen is nothing to play with.

Good luck

Jerry

If it is what is called a DEWAT or a registered Demil, it is very valuable. There were specific 'things' that had to be done, including putting a hardened, pointed spike in the barrel. Lead filling the barrel did not meet DEWAT specs. But stranger things have happened. Paperwork is all important.

A registered DEWAT can be brought back into spec. by a registered Class III manufacturer and if it predates the manufacturing moratorium (it should), it can be made functional again w. proper paperwork.

If it is NOT a registered DEWAT... it should be turned over to BATFE or LE for disposition.

Cheers,

Sirhr.

uhmmm.....anyone want to bet when the alphabet agency appropriations come up for consideration...?

Boltripper:

I am Busted... To quote Robin Williams: "since the VP's such a VIP, maybe we should keep his PC on the QT. Cause if it leaks to the VC he might end up MIA and then we would all be put on KP"

Sorry about all the acronyms. But the OP should get the general idea. The guys from BATFE that I know have no sense of humor that they are aware of. So best to stay w.in the USCA.

I stand reprimanded.

Cheers,

Sirhr

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ajb008</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A buddy of mine is doing odds and ends construction jobs and was offered, by a retired Vietnam vet a de-milled AK-47 brought back with the papers. To the best of his knowledge he is only aware that the Army used lead to fill the barrel. As much as he would like to keep this thing he is really hard up for cash. Anyone know how much something like this would go for? He said from handling it, it is in very good condition.

Thanks guys.

</div></div>

This could be interesting,...
Have him contact, Ruben Mendiola in Miami,
305-271-3436
866-NFA-WANT
305-499-3674 Fax

All his questions will be answered w/o issue, an a fair market price or advice given.

Of course, it's always possible to torch the receiver and use the parts (plus blah blah 922(r) blah blah) to build up a semi-auto legitimately. Handled a North Korean bringback that had been done that way by Matt Yeamans Guns By Northwest.