• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Desert Tech adjustable butt

Sonic Crack

Desert Tech Solutions
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2011
Wellington, Ohio
m.facebook.com
Payment can be made directly to me by check, money order. Please include your legible contact info and shipping address
Dan Calala
24324 Smith Road
Wellington, OH 44090

I can accept credit cards through PayPal at [email protected]
friend, goods, ect. Please cover any fees that my apply.
Please include your contact info and shipping address in the notes.

Only offering the XLT recoil pad at this time. International orders
will have to go through an exporter in the USA that I can ship to and
they will handle it from there. Ill be posting a short video
introducing the adjustable butt and showing how it works. Im very
excited to get this going! please share and pass the word on about
this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
email me directly at [email protected] with your name and the best email address to reach you.

DT shooters
Im looking to make a 2-3 way adjustable butt for the DT platform. A system that will snap into the existing chassis with no modifications to the chassis its self. Not so much a LOP adjustment but more for up and down adjustment and cant. This setup would use a traditional style recoil pad, not the DT factory one. It may look a little funky with a traditional style oval shaped pad but the main benefit being adjustably and being able to use a more recoil absorbing pad. Function over form right?
My initial measurements are showing the following:

Adj butt + 1/2" pad is aprox the same LOP (+ 1/4" at most) as just using the factory recoil pad.

Adj butt + XLT pad (1.1") is aprox the same LOP (less than 1/4") as one spacer and factory pad.

My thoughts are to only offer the two recoil pad choices. Not sure if this will be offered with a no pad option, for the simple fact of not needing multipal mounting holes in the pad mounting plate or, multipal shapes. This adj butt is being designed to work with "large" size, grind to fit type recoil pads. I suppose there could be a list of "recoil pads that will fit"

International orders will have to go through an exporter. How we handle that is, you supply us with the contact info of an exporter in the US and we ship to them. The exporter handles getting the part to you.

Last edited:
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/3D1htIz.jpg"}[/IMG2][IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/OT0BjHl.jpg"}[/IMG2][IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/pfeUVa7.jpg"}[/IMG2]
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/54IyNP7.jpg"}[/IMG2]
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/Euq4I9W.jpg"}[/IMG2]
hw8c3ca.jpg

Factory pad with two spacers
XD7gLFi.jpg

Factory pad with one spacer
8gNsdzV.jpg

Last edited:
Update...... Made a revision to this the other day. All adjustments can now be made with your 5mm allen wrench/socket and torque wrench!. Drawings done shortly and off to machine shop for price quote

Update...... Made a revision to this the other day. All adjustments can now be made with your 5mm allen wrench/socket and torque wrench!. Drawings done shortly and off to machine shop for price quote

Looks good! Any full pics of that rifle? I like the camo.

Id like to get an official "list" started for those who are interested. The best way to get on the list is to email me directly at [email protected] with your name and the best email address to reach you. The final assembly will be sold through Short Action Customs. For those of you who do not know who I am, Ill introduce myself. Im Dan Calala, Ive worked for Mark Gordon/Short Action Customs going on six years now. Im sure I have spoke to many of you via phone or email. You can see my ugly mug in the "About" section on the web site shortactioncustoms.com

This should mount up to any DT SRS chassis. The small tab on the top of the DT spacer would need removed or the Gen 1 skins clearanced. I will need to double check this tho.

Subscribed and email sent for pricing and availability.

Sub'd for more info. Too much extra stuff to buy before I can hop on the list for this, but I can't wait to see what others think.

Should have pricing in the next 2-3 weeks. International orders will have to go through an exporter. How we handle that is, you supply us with the contact info of an exporter in the US and we ship to them. The exporter handles getting the part to you.

i sent email some time ago (craig space osborne at microsoft dot com) as seen this on another forum.

Thanks for getting this rolling Dan. glad to hear the wait is coming to an end! I need to slap one on my rifle!

Alright, here we go! Price for the adjustable butt is going to be
$275 shipped. I am going to do a pre order group buy to get this
project going. Pre order price will be $255 shipped. I will need to
get 20 pre orders to get the ball rolling. TIme line once the ball is
rolling to shipped should be 3 months. Payment can be made directly to
me, check, money order. Please include your contact info and shipping address
Dan Calala
201 Erie St
STE 1
Wellington, OH 44090

I can accept credit cards through PayPal, [email protected]
friend, goods, ect. Please cover any fees that my apply.
Please include your contact info and shipping address in the notes.

Only offering the XLT recoil pad at this time. International orders
will have to go through an exporter in the USA that I can ship to and
they will handle it from there. Ill be posting a short video
introducing the adjustable butt and showing how it works. Im very
excited to get this going! please share and pass the word on about
this.

Added a few pictures in post #2 comparing the adjustable butt and the factory pad with one and two spacers to show the LOP. Spread the word! almost half way to the 20 pre orders to get this going

IF this will get rid of the slop in my butt pad/spacers of my A1, I'm in. DT said deal with it, or somehow get 1st gen to mount up. Hate the movement I get when I shoulder up, pisses me off.

I apologize for the delay in updating. I have 13 pre orders and need 7 more to get the order going. Keep in mind the pre order price is $255 shipped. After the 20 pre orders are filled the price will go up. I need all of you to help spread the word on this. I have threads on Accurate shooter, FB along with the YouTube intro video. Thank you to everyone that has ordered already.

Is there a drop dead date for pre-orders? What happens if you are unable to obtain 20 pre-orders in the allotted time frame? Are funds then returned or will 13 units be made and delivered to those that pre-ordered?

Is there a drop dead date for pre-orders? What happens if you are unable to obtain 20 pre-orders in the allotted time frame? Are funds then returned or will 13 units be made and delivered to those that pre-ordered?

Good question. I honestly had not thought of a "end date" for pre orders. It was just going to be however long it took to get 20. This is a very new project both in being announced that it was something I was working on, gauging interest and working prototypes being tested. (Right at or just over 1 year since prototypes were made). It seems very typical in this industry there are years of talk and/or hype about a product being relieved, then another year at least from announcement to products shipping. In that respect, I in no way expected pre orders to fill in record time. I have been slacking in the "marketing" department the past month. That changes now, I do need everyones help to spread the word on this. That will only help to speed things along. I do not expect the people who have already sent funds in to wait an indefinite amount of time. Im sure, if it gets to a point that it looks like the project is just not going to get off the ground, It will just be canceled and refunds made. The cost to make only 13 of the adjustable butt assemblies would be through the roof! I have no doubt a few would pay almost any cost for one. The majority would not, so that only increases cost to make a fewer number of pieces.

The 20 piece pre order has been filled!!! A HUGE thank you to everyone!!! I will continue to take orders for the adjustable butt. Price is $265 until further notice.
I will be in touch with the machine shop this week to start the order and get an ETA.