• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Desert Tech TRASOL Official Thread

My Galaxy S9 updated to Android ver 10 and I lost Trasol and unable to find Trasol in the market place. I have not read the latest in this thread yet so hopefully I can find some news other than ver 2 is out on apple.

Is there a way to lock moa or mil onto place so every time I open the program it doesn't default to mil? Android user.
Xdeano

You should be able to save it on that particular load profile and will stay.

That what I was hoping but It will not save to a profile. I can save it all day long but it doesnt log it or attach the setting profile to the bullet profile. Frusterating as hell. Just defaults to mrad and I'm a moa shooter. Then when you go to the load profile it says no setting profile found.
Xdeano

Looks like the TRASOL app is taken down from Play Store. I can't download the app on my new moto phone. Can you guys tell me the version number so I can find the APK?

Ran into something interesting. The numbers for drop on the main screen aren’t matching the table. They were fine up until today. Always matched. Now it’s 24 moa off at 3010. The table numbers are right. Confirmed last weekend, and the numbers matched over the weekend.

Anyone else have this problem?

Turns out it’s messing with all my gun profiles. Not sure what made this happen.
Geno, I remember something similar happening to me about a year ago. While I can’t clearly remember what I did to fix it I have a vague recollection that it had something to do with either the cant or slope having an incorrect value inadvertently being set. Make sure these are cleared and that the display is reset to where it says add slope or add cant.

Good luck!

Reactions: Geno C.
Geno, I remember something similar happening to me about a year ago. While I can’t clearly remember what I did to fix it I have a vague recollection that it had something to do with either the cant or slope having an incorrect value inadvertently being set. Make sure these are cleared and that the display is reset to where it says add slope or add cant.

Good luck!

Sadly, both are zeroed😞

Ha! I’m a moron. When changing the distance in the main menu, I accidentally flipped to meters but the chart stayed at yards. Mystery solved🤦‍♂️

7FFA4160-15FA-4FD0-A2BA-2C6795252A0E.jpeg

Looks like the TRASOL app is taken down from Play Store. I can't download the app on my new moto phone. Can you guys tell me the version number so I can find the APK?
I took my old phone and saved the apk to the SD Card or Drive and downloaded it. You will loose all your profiles, I had to do it that way

Tried to Upgrade the App and ran into a Bug where I get a Pop up that says "An Error occurred. Please check your internet connection and try again." Connection is fine on my end. Looked over their website for a tech support or bug report link and found nothing.

Has anyone Else had this issue?
Does anyone know who to contact at Desert Tech for help?

Still did not work.
I have no Data in it to back up, I have delete the App and Downloaded it again a couple of time now. On a fresh install I go directly to the Profile tab and click the "Buy full Version" and get an Error message "An Error occurred. Please check your internet connection and try again."

Is there a Cache somewhere that will survive deleting that App that must be deleted also?

I have checked to be sure TRASOL has full permissions in my phone's settings.

Still did not work.
I have no Data in it to back up, I have delete the App and Downloaded it again a couple of time now. On a fresh install I go directly to the Profile tab and click the "Buy full Version" and get an Error message "An Error occurred. Please check your internet connection and try again."

Is there a Cache somewhere that will survive deleting that App that must be deleted also?

I have checked to be sure TRASOL has full permissions in my phone's settings.

Will it work on an old phone? Or did you upgrade phones? Did the app just stop working?

If you download it to a SD card and reload it to an old phone or new phone it will work. That's what I had to do, see previous posts

Has anyone had any luck getting TRASOL to work on newer Androids? I've had the app since it launched (bought it back in 2016...), but the app doesn't seem to want to work on my Note20. I have been using an old android to run the app for the past couple years, but that thing won't last much longer.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Has anyone had any luck getting TRASOL to work on newer Androids? I've had the app since it launched (bought it back in 2016...), but the app doesn't seem to want to work on my Note20. I have been using an old android to run the app for the past couple years, but that thing won't last much longer.

bro, i got an iphone 5 that i keep just for ballistic programs. delete everything on that old android and keep it moving. It'll work.

Reactions: Raptor005
bro, i got an iphone 5 that i keep just for ballistic programs. delete everything on that old android and keep it moving. It'll work.

That's what I did and it's been working for the past 6 years. The issue these days is battery life, but it hasn't gotten too bad yet.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Mine works fine. Take an SD card, download a App back up program, save TRASOL to the SD Card. Install this SD card into the new phone. Open it and download it to your phones memory and then replace with your old SD card. Off to the races. . I'm running it on a S21 no problem

Mine works fine. Take an SD card, download a App back up program, save TRASOL to the SD Card. Install this SD card into the new phone. Open it and download it to your phones memory and then replace with your old SD card. Off to the races. . I'm running it on a S21 no problem

Thanks, I'll give this a shot.

Reactions: waveslayer
Manually check and enable permissions for Trasol under the main android settings>apps & notifications menu.
Newer android versions are terrible on prompting for needed app permissions.

Manually check and enable permissions for Trasol under the main android settings>apps & notifications menu.
Newer android versions are terrible on prompting for needed app permissions.

I will double check permissions once I can download the app... I uninstalled it to try a fresh install, but now it won't download via Google Play Store, I keep getting an error message.

I will double check permissions once I can download the app... I uninstalled it to try a fresh install, but now it won't download via Google Play Store, I keep getting an error message.
It's dead on Goggle store. Has to be what's on your old phone

I upgraded from my old S7 to an A32 last fall. Really haven't thought about the app until a notification from this thread. All my apps were migrated over to my new phone and Trasol didn't work. Uninstalled and re-downloaded from Google Play. At first it wouldn't open, same as before, go into Settings and give it all the permissions it needs. It's working now so obviously some part of my profile was stored on the SD card. I had only entered one rifle into the app and it held my settings for it as well.

New Moto G Power 2022 with Android 12 seems to have broken it for me. Won't get past the splash screen now. Reinstall and manually granting permissions does nothing.

On top of that the support email listed in the Play store now bounces back.

New Moto G Power 2022 with Android 12 seems to have broken it for me. Won't get past the splash screen now. Reinstall and manually granting permissions does nothing.

On top of that the support email listed in the Play store now bounces back.
I had this happen yesterday with Android 13 update.. rebooted the phone twice and now it works

Reactions: 6.5SH
I had this happen yesterday with Android 13 update.. rebooted the phone twice and now it works
Thanks, 2nd reboot did the trick.

ETA:
Works for a while and will randomly crash. It seems to be related to the camera function. If I get the HUD open it's a white screen, it seems to bomb out when you see it give notification it is accessing the camera.

Last edited:
Reactions: waveslayer