• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Desert Tech TRASOL Official Thread

Go to your altitude menu and input your station pressure manually using the "SP" button and see what it tells you.

In other words make sure your zero altitude and your firing solution altitude are the same.

I just tried your suggestion, but nothing changed. In fact I changed the altitude to all sorts of absurd numbers trying to get a rise out of it - but nothing changed. I then started manually inputting each setting. When I came to Cant, I noticed it said 0.5 degrees.
When I changed it to "0" and clicked Done, my elevation then read "0".

Ya there is a error in input some where, I thought Twist rate but that looks right

It's always some little thing. Drove me batty! (It wasn't a long trip, either!)

Thanks for your help. Love this forum! And the podcast too.

I'm sure this has been answered but I couldn't find the answer

Can I print out the dope chart in the top right of the app? I tried to screen shot it, but it cuts off the distances

Thanks,

I'm sure this has been answered but I couldn't find the answer

Can I print out the dope chart in the top right of the app? I tried to screen shot it, but it cuts off the distances

Thanks,

You have to take a screen shot, pretty annoying

Has anyone run into this problem....

I put my 100 yard zero in as follows (1st pic) and went to ballistics and predicted a different windage turret at 100 yards with no wind (2nd pic). The difference is 0.06, just curious why it is different.

Attachments

• 85FE0295-61A0-4609-BD7D-54404851B430.png
    85FE0295-61A0-4609-BD7D-54404851B430.png
    313.9 KB · Views: 208
  • 899815FC-B79D-408D-A726-B2E5D7E73ACA.png
    899815FC-B79D-408D-A726-B2E5D7E73ACA.png
    285.6 KB · Views: 189
@Hundley - What am I doing wrong? Is the TRASOL Scope Click Value entry on the Equipment screen active/enabled? It appears to have no effect on elevation calculation on Ballistic screen whenever it is changed.

For instance, the Ballistics screen shows 10.36 U elevation at 1000 meters for my rifle/bullet combo. Scope click values are 0.100 MRAD on the turret.

Next, I select the Equipment screen and choose the "Scope Click Value" field which brings up the "Scope Clicks" dialog screen. I then enter the "Actual Value" determined as the correction factor for my scope and select "Done" - I leave the "Published Value" as 0.100 MRAD and change the "Actual Value" to 0.103 MRAD. I would expect the Ballistic screen to show a different elevation correction at 1000 meters than the 10.36 U correction previously shown when the "Scope Click Value" was set at 0.100 MRAD. In fact, I see no change whatsoever on the come up correction regardless of the input value entered on the "Scope Clicks" screen. I tried changing the "Actual Value" to 0.120 MRAD and it still had no effect. The Ballistic screen always displayed 10.36 U for elevation.

Wondering if anyone has gotten this feature to work?

I am running TRASOL on an iPhone 7 Plus under iOs Version 11.4.1 ... maybe it is time to move to iOs 12.x.x and see if it works better there.

One more TRASOL question... On the HUD, whenever I press the Solution button, the "Cant" field only populates when the phone is held in portrait orientation. Similarly, the "Slope" value only populates when the phone is held in landscape orientation.

Is this the intended behavior? Or should the Cant and Slope fields both populate from a singular Solution button press from either the portrait or landscape orientation?

Thanks Lowlight!

Also found my issue with the HUD. There is an “Enable Cant” option in Settings screen. With this option turned on it now works as expected.

I was playing with the updated TRASOL on my iPad this morning and tapped on the icon to enter environmental data, where it gives you the option between DA or BP, and I can't figure out how to now leave that screen. Any suggestions? Thanks

I was playing with the updated TRASOL on my iPad this morning and tapped on the icon to enter environmental data, where it gives you the option between DA or BP, and I can't figure out how to now leave that screen. Any suggestions? Thanks

iPad may be different than iPhone... Is there a “Done” on upper right corner of screen you can tap on?

Maybe post a screen capture of your screen.

When I looked at it again just now it looks like 1/3 of the screen (the right side of the field) is out of view and unobtainable on the iPad.

Again, not familiar with iPad version but on iPhone it is just the word “Done” on the upper right corner of screen.

Have you tried swiping left, right, or up to see if it dismisses the screen?

Reactions: Bull Arms
@Bull Arms Try killing the app then reopen it. There's a known issue on iPads where if you rotate the screen, it will sometimes get stuck like you're describing. It's not very common though.

Reactions: Bull Arms
Ok, finally got a chance to get back at it. I went ahead and followed Huntley's advice and deleted and re-downloaded the app, problem solved. Thank you to all for your help! Much appreciated.

May be a bug ? MRAD the value for nominal clicks, switching to turret with 0.099 MIL I’ve 200.03 instead of 20.03

Attachments

• 7DDD097B-99BC-4500-9446-2A21D5E76DA0.png
    7DDD097B-99BC-4500-9446-2A21D5E76DA0.png
    141.2 KB · Views: 179
  • 37F4AD91-EBDF-4DA3-8E9A-7F11CCC20AE8.png
    37F4AD91-EBDF-4DA3-8E9A-7F11CCC20AE8.png
    143.1 KB · Views: 163
Reactions: triatleta
one shot ST, on my “Equipment” screen, when I click on “Scope Clicks,” it brings up an input screen with two entry fields, “Published Value” on top, and “Actual Value” on the bottom.

These are the two fields where you enter the click correction. Leave the Published Value set as 0.100 MRAD and change the Actual Value to either 0.099 or 0.101 to account for minor (+/- 1%) differences. The corrected input value then works as expected once you also select the output as “Turret.”

Note that when Output is set as MRAD on the Ballistic screen the Scope Click Published Value is used to calculate and output the elevation, the Actual Value input is ignored. However, when Output is set to Turret on Ballistic screen, then the Scope Click Actual Value is instead used in the calculation.

When thinking about it more it really only makes sense to apply the click value correction when the Output is set to Turret.

Kind of a convoluted explanation but I believe this is how the underlying implementation is coded. Hope this sheds some light on your question.

Hello, thanks for replay, your advise is esactly what I did, selecting turret I’ve 200.03, I’m not able to understand why.

Or better, there is no difference between clicks and turrets

Attachments

• 3B46A5AB-13C2-457F-9128-6334A669C971.png
    3B46A5AB-13C2-457F-9128-6334A669C971.png
    141.8 KB · Views: 159
  • EB20687B-8588-4D6B-BE70-5258F6D629EE.png
    EB20687B-8588-4D6B-BE70-5258F6D629EE.png
    142.9 KB · Views: 164
one shot ST, can you post a pic of your corresponding “Equipment” screen for that result as well as the “Scope Clicks” screen reached by selecting the “Scope Click Value” input field on the “Equipment “ screen?

As requested

Yep!!! Here lies your problem!

Your Published Value needs to be "0.100" instead of "1.000" as each click on your scope is only 1/10th of a Mil but you currently have it set at a full Mil per click.

That is the reason why your calculations are off by a factor of 10... your value of "1.000" is 10x larger than the value of "0.100" it should be set at.

I’m seeing that when I enter a number and I hit done it does not stay the same value as I selected. I am getting this several screens. Tia. Mike

I’m seeing that when I enter a number and I hit done it does not stay the same value as I selected. I am getting this several screens. Tia. Mike

Bulletsmith, if you are seeking help you need to provide an expanded description of what you are attempting to do and what screen/input fields you are specifically having issues with. Need more complete info to make sense of things. :eek:

It's like someone telling you last night's baseball scores were 7-5, 6-3, 3-2, and 9-8. You know some won and some lost, but not much beyond that! Details please! :D :cool:

Just out of curiosity...
I installed Trasol for Android a short while back on a Galaxy S6 on Android 7.0. The only thing I found that didn't work is the HUD. The Multiple Wind facility seems a little quirky, but appears to work.

Then, I noticed a column on the Ballistic Table that is shown as "Confi %" and have no clue what that is about. The column is all zeros. Anybody know what that is about...something to do with HUD? Is it also in the latest upgrade for iOS?

Then, under Equipment, About, on the Features In Use screen, I see "Regression Status" and "Hit Threshold Status". No clue what those are either. Anybody know?

Just curious. I like the interface and the way the app works. I look forward to having the upgrade.

Jim

I'm running TRASOL on 3 different android devices (Motorola Turbo, Samsung Note8, and Google Nexus), and the app works great. I'm still able to save profiles and settings on all devices, then sync to the other. It's still as accurate as can be without having to true anything.

I don't use the HUD at all, so I can't speak for that functionality.

Hopefully DT will pick this up to continue fix the issues a bunch of people are and to continue development.
Hello Raptor005, which version of Trasol? When you say "sync", are you using the built in sync mechanism (icon at bottom right) or are you copying the xml files to all your devices manually? I cannot get the "sync" option to do anything. I have an account, it can login, but it just says "Downloading profiles..." and never actually does anything. Any insight to this would be helpful.

I'm able to manually copy the xml files, and this works, but it requires using a file manager to do it.

Hello Raptor005, which version of Trasol? When you say "sync", are you using the built in sync mechanism (icon at bottom right) or are you copying the xml files to all your devices manually? I cannot get the "sync" option to do anything. I have an account, it can login, but it just says "Downloading profiles..." and never actually does anything. Any insight to this would be helpful.

I'm able to manually copy the xml files, and this works, but it requires using a file manager to do it.

It sounds as if you are trying to sync TRASOL to Coldbore. If this is the case it won’t work. TRASOL is completely separate

Isn't this "Trasol"? This is a screen shot from my phone.

So it just sits there and never actually syncs anything to the website. And if I three different androids running this same version, they all get this same message .... "Downloading profiles....." . Does anyone have this part working on their TRASOL for android (Samsung S9 +, Droid Maxx2, Droid Maxx). The app works fine on all of them. I can manually copy the /internalStorage/Android/*.TRASOL/data/files/TRASOLData/*.xml to each system, and all that works. But would love to use the "sync" option to simplify this process. Sorry if I did not clarify.

Not sure if this version is also called Coldbore or not.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190122-145503_TRASOL.jpg
    Screenshot_20190122-145503_TRASOL.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 152
  • Screenshot_20190122-145835_TRASOL.jpg
    Screenshot_20190122-145835_TRASOL.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

So it just sits there and never actually syncs anything to the website. And if I three different androids running this same version, they all get this same message .... "Downloading profiles....." . Does anyone have this part working on their TRASOL for android (Samsung S9 +, Droid Maxx2, Droid Maxx). The app works fine on all of them. I can manually copy the /internalStorage/Android/*.TRASOL/data/files/TRASOLData/*.xml to each system, and all that works. But would love to use the "sync" option to simplify this process. Sorry if I did not clarify.

My confusion due to the mention of manually copying files

DT borrowed the engine from Patagonia, but TRASOL is their own brainchild. Not related to CB in any way AFAIK, the feature set is vastly different between the two. CB is hands down a much more robust app and bug-free. On the other hand, the screenshots don't look like their latest version, which I don't think is available on Android, I mean the one running on iPhone.

I've paid for the full version and it will not let me add a additional rifles... I clicked on the bullpup in the top right corner of the equipment screen and select the "+ "button

It then tells me to select an existing profile to clone.. when I select the current profile it just puts me back to the one and only profile I have... Wtf am I doing wrong?

I know for sure the upgrade went thru because my chart for the current profile shows data out to 3k yards

I've paid for the full version and it will not let me add a additional rifles... I clicked on the bullpup in the top right corner of the equipment screen and select the "+ "button

It then tells me to select an existing profile to clone.. when I select the current profile it just puts me back to the one and only profile I have... Wtf am I doing wrong?

I know for sure the upgrade went thru because my chart for the current profile shows data out to 3k yards

Yes it works that way, it makes you make changes to an existing profile and save it. Once you do that it should work

Im on my 3rd android phone since Trasol has come out. It worked for a few months on the 1st phone and then quit. When they did they added the HUD update , I was on my 2nd phone, it worked for few months then. Hasn't worked since. I'm on a newer phone now never has worked. It just brings up the TRASOL logo and stays on that image indefinitly.
I'm anticipating the new version for android coming out. As of right now I use AB and 4DOF

can someone tell me if this is correct?

My DA is negative. (-1832ft)
station pressure 28.74
humidity 92%
air temp 12F
ammo temp 12F

i'm at roughly 880ft asl.

xdeano

can someone tell me if this is correct?

My DA is negative. (-1832ft)
station pressure 28.74
humidity 92%
air temp 12F
ammo temp 12F

i'm at roughly 880ft asl.

xdeano
It's perfectly possible. What is your doubt about?

basically the negative part and how that will affect the program/profile of trajectory. I'll have to see how it trues out with actual bullet flight.

Or how does a negative DA effect flight in general?

Deano

Another question, I'm shooting MOA and the program always defalts back to MIL every time I open it. Is there a way to lock that into MOA?

thanks,
Deano

I have the Android version and the settings screen has a 'save' button. Don't know about the iOS version. If you don't save, it will default back to the last saved setting.
Jim

Im using Android. I went to the setting page, set it to moa, saved. Closed program, reopened and it went back to mil. It says no setting saved files. I'll keep messing with it.
Deano

I have the same problem. (I thought I brought it up earlier, but maybe not). I'm using Android version and in the settings area, I can not get anything to save. I can get my equipment to save and give me a list, but no go in the settings area.

I sure wish they would get this working better for Android users. I was using this app, along with a couple others last weekend, shooting out to 2157 yards and this one seemed to work the best.

Last edited:
Here's a look at my screen:

Screenshot_20190213-102600.png
Screenshot_20190213-102931.png

The first one shows the settings and notice that there's nothing in the list to "Load". The other is the equipment and notice I do have other profiles to "load".

For Android, under Android settings, applications, Trasol, permissions, check that you have allowed storage permissions. If you don't Trasol can't 'save' anything.

My phone setting is turned on to allow storage also. I have the exact same issue as what steelhead is saying. Well I feel better that I'm not the only one.

Deano