• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Destroyed....Pics are UP!

Re: Destroyed

i think it would be worth 50.00 lmfao imo well to my benefit too. lol. ok 50 bux and a case of beer, i know how u eastern oregon guys drink ur coors light lol.

Well that is the first time I have ever seen a action blow up. I have seen barrels split but never a action... until now. Or was it destroyed in the guitar like heavy metal smash fest?

I seriously thought about shooting the round but Then I would have a really stuck case. After tapping on the rod for a while I figured I'd gouged my barrel then I got the big hammer. After looking at the bullet on the rod I can see the rod tip never touched the stainless as it was completely encased in lead/copper.

brut4c....That's fucking awesome !!!!

I've had many a meltdown like that. I think the most expensive thing that paid the price was a small block Chevy. I did everything possiable to send the push rods through the hood. I only got a massive bang and locked her up.....Reason for meltdown....I only owned the truck for about 2 hours before the oil pressure gauge started to drop...I was laughing like a madman and put the pedal to the floor...I have zero regrets Hahahahaha!

-Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: He Shoot Me</div><div class="ubbcode-body">brut4c....That's fucking awesome !!!!

I've had many a meltdown like that. I think the most expensive thing that paid the price was a small block Chevy. I did everything possiable to send the push rods through the hood. I only got a massive bang and locked her up.....Reason for meltdown....I only owned the truck for about 2 hours before the oil pressure gauge started to drop...I was laughing like a madman and put the pedal to the floor...I have zero regrets Hahahahaha!

-Pat </div></div>

Remind me to never ride with you!
grin.gif
LOL

The action did'nt really blow up. A round blew up either in the chamber out threw the action or in the action its self. This was not a parts failure in any way. It was caused mostly by anger and impatience. I'm such a shit.

how does that song go from the movie Anger Management?

You need to watch that move, and call our friend Dr Phil, Fucken fast, I dont care what the rifle did, you dont beat it. Would you beat a new puppy for peeing on the floor?

Thats some good shit there! LOL Try McMillan on their lifetime warranty. Did you use it like a baseball bat on a rock? I will never try to piss you off ever.

Rich

I thought bullshit at first, but holly shit, you arent kidding. Man next time just go outside and chill for a couple days and say "goosefrababa goosefrababa" itll be ok.

Re: Destroyed...Pics are UP!

i too didnt believe it at first but kudos to you man, where do you get your roids, or what hammer did you use, i need one to keep my wife in line.

Re: Destroyed....Pics are UP!

I do not know about setting off a round by tapping on the projectile, but I have set primers off while using a kinetic bullet puller, I was pulling the bullet because I spaced and did not put the powder in, lucky there.

I do know Bugs Bunny used to set off 16" shells with a hammer!

Bro, glad you were not hurt! You really should consider getting rid of that cinder block!!! Lightman

I am feeling a little lucky right now....I punched a live round out of a .223 once. The cleaning rod passed completely through the bullet. But that was when I was a teenager and god takes care of fools drunks and teenage boys.

Maybe you should rethink this crochet thing.....those needles could be dangerous. Good luck, hate to hear about your misfortune.

You gonna put that thing in the Precision Rifles picture thread or what???

I still don't think the bolt was all the way back. Brain fart is my guess. Bolt seated (by accident in the process of frustration), cartridge then hit with 3 lb hammer, striker tripped and action destroyed. Just my educated guess...and from what I have viewed in the past. I repeat...all the gas and stuff would have exited out the back without causing that damage if the bolt had been all the way open. Unless there was some C4 in the case. Notice that there was minimal damage to the Bullet involved. The cleaning rod prevented forward movement of the bullet, allowing all the pressures to vent to the action.

What if a granule of powder was sitting in the flash hole as he was hammering the bullet down into the case. That in itself might have done it. Maybe that hammering started to back the primer out of the pocket, and when the round finally came out, striking anything on the bolt face would have done it. With the bullet impaled into the cleaning rod, the round would remain alligned as it traveled towards the bolt face.

That is some dumb ass shit right there! Sorry brut, there's no sugar coating it.

Edited: If the case was that stuck, you could literally start extruding the powder granules out of the flash hole.

LOL, I think this is insane. EVERYBODY thought it was bullshit, and then the pictures come out, LOL. AND IT'S REAL!!! It's so crazy, but I can believe it because my best friend has this kind of temper. Damn, I'm glad the OP was ok. All I can say about this is WOW. Maybe we do need to contact myth busters.

Supersubes...try this...drop a live smokeless round into a fire. A little "POP" and fizzle. If the round had been out of the confined chamber and went off, a small pop and fizzle would occur...this isn't black powder days. The round HAD to be confined in the chamber to build those kinds of pressures. The bolt was closed, period. The striker fired the primer and blew the action up. In my opinion, brain fart, case (so to speak) closed. JMHO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Odds that he will flinch on first shot out of the next gun that he fires? </div></div>

I'll put $50 on that one.

I like the way your thinking but there is no way that that bullet in the cleaning rod was the same bullet fired when this thing went kaboom. It would be vapor like the case. I also think we would be seeing more brass in the bolt face, and he would probably not be able to open the bolt.

Hey Brut, lets see a picture looking in at the breech?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: former naval person</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Supersubes...try this...drop a live smokeless round into a fire. A little "POP" and fizzle. If the round had been out of the confined chamber and went off, a small pop and fizzle would occur...this isn't black powder days. The round HAD to be confined in the chamber to build those kinds of pressures. The bolt was closed, period. The striker fired the primer and blew the action up. In my opinion, brain fart, case (so to speak) closed. JMHO</div></div>
Had this exact same thing happen to me in my "younger" days. Shooting an AR, round stuck feeding into the chamber. Pushed the head back a bit into the case and bent a bit. Chambered the round anyway...
Long story short, blew out mag, bulged upper, tweaked bolt.
Sucked and scary.
Chad

The bolt was all the way OPEN and was still open after the bang. I found the case head. Scary. The rim is gone, totally smashed into the casing. It looks to me it hit the bolt face at a slight angle. It must have spent all its energy before it exited out the ejection port or bottom metal cause it was still on top of my bench.

Naval, I would not have been hammering on a stuck round with the bolt closed. If it had been closed the damage would have been real bad. I might still be laying there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> BachelorJack
Pirate of Leisure....

Loc: Columbia, SC I would like to buy the back part of that Broken stock. I've got a special project I'd like to try.
</div></div>

Damn you beat me to it. I was just about to hit him up for the butt as well.

JJ

Your screen name fits you well doesn't it? Brute force indeed.

That poor rifle!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jester308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was just about to hit him up for the butt as well.
</div></div>

Dude- this isn't that kind of site.

laugh.gif

Friggin butt pirates. LoL Pm me and we'll figure it out. Hows $595+ shipping. No wait time!! Ha!

Got a pic coming of the case head.

After stripping things down I think the action is GTG. Barrel to except some of the case is still stuck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brknshk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok maybe ill throw in an anger mgnt class or 2 with the case o beer. </div></div>

I will totally give you 100 for that! Just put it in a box and ship it to my FFL. I will put that in a display Frame with the quote "How Not to Use a Hammer"

No joke. I will buy it from you!!

Holly fuck batman....now I've seen it all.

MarcS spiked a rifle twice during a match but this one takes the cake for sure.

This one will go down in the record books.

SOB..thats a LH action too!

BS flag has been taken down.

Vu

Bummer deal Buler.....but I guess this is a pretty good lesson to alway's 100% remove the bolt before you fire and check barrel......if removing a stuck case always remove the bolt.....if removing a stuck spent case.....remove the bolt.....if you are cleaning the rifle....remove the bolt.......fuck the cheek weld....drop that bitch and REMOVE THE BOLT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck dude....$4000 because you did not remove the bolt...seriously if you would have removed the bolt none of this inital damage would have occured....more than likely it was avoidable...nothing is ever 100% for sure but you get my point...with out the bolt to take the Mythbuster force it might have just broke a window.

To another idea....let's get the background on the rifle build...was it a tightbore? Had you fired any rounds before this one? Cool pics and a bad day but help us understand why this could happen to your rifle....please.

Not being a dick to you but mainly stressing that for a 99% saftey the bolt should always be removed....you my friend are the 1% keeping me from claiming 100% saftey with the bolt removed!!!

Its a new kreiger tube. zero rounds down range. Standard 300 winch except its throated for the 220smk. Why that case stuck is beyond me as it was full length resized. Yes if the bolt had not been in there would be very little to no damage other than a stuck case. I am lucky, to be certain.

The detonation HAD to be from compression or like 7mm said extruding into the primer hole and blowing it. The reason I say this is because the only part of the case that came loose was the head just above the belt. The rest of the case is still stuck meaning it never came out.

Looking at the case head I am damn lucky. It resembles a .45acp HP fired into something hard.Yikes