• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Did Some Trading

lpd5408

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2006
Charleston, IL
I did some trading this weekend and got me another Remington 700 in .308. I really didn't want another .308, but the deal was in my favor so I did it. I first saw this rifle and shot it in 2008. The owner at that time was a Sniper for the county wide SWAT team and this was his back-up rifle to his DPMS SAS. At the time he told me he bought it from another sniper on a different SWAT team. Story goes this sniper got the position and went out and bought a new Remington PSS. This guy then took the rifle to a gunsmith who put on a new barrel and did some other gunsmithing. The sniper showed up to training and was told only factory rifles in factory configuration could be used. He now had a rifle he couldn't use and sold it at a loss. About a year ago the rifle was sold to another SWAT team member who I am also friends with and I got to play with it again. This weekend it became mine. I traded a S&W M&P in 40S&W for it and 250 pieces of 175 grain BTHP's. Next time I am at work I am going to try to track down the gunsmith and try to find out exactly what was done. It will be hard since it has traveled through several hands over several years.

It has an HS Precision stock, I am almost 100% positive its the stock that all Remington PSS's came with, but everybody described it as a McMillan. The butt stock says HS Precision. I'm not a Detective, but I think that signals its an HS. Now the barrel does not appear to be a Remington barrel or at least there is nothing stamped on it. It is very heavy. I'm also not sure about the bi pod. Other than that Im going to try to get it out soon and shoot it. I need to get some glass and rings for it. Eventually I would like to rebarrel it, but for now ill just shoot it as is.

Attachments

• sq 002.jpg
    sq 002.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • sq 003.jpg
    sq 003.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • sq 004.jpg
    sq 004.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
Good deal! I can’t tell you how much misinformation I have been told at work by so called gun guys whose only real qualification is that they carry one all day, LOL.. nice find though. Keep us updated.