• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Didn't know I'd be joining this community yesterday. Would someone please educate me on this rifle?

RushBDontStop

Private
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2023
Minnesota

Long story short, I'm a huge Counter Strike nerd and bought this rifle on a whim after seeing it at my LGS yesterday. Would someone please educate me on it? Any info would be awesome, but answers to these specific questions would be appreciated:

• Is this an "Original" AW or is it one of the chassis builds?
  • Is there a way to find out when it was manufactured?
  • How is the rifle set up from an enthusiast perspective? (Bipod, Scope, etc)
  • How much is this package worth?
Looking forward to learning about this hobby!

Long story short, I'm a huge Counter Strike nerd and bought this rifle on a whim after seeing it at my LGS yesterday. Would someone please educate me on it? Any info would be awesome, but answers to these specific questions would be appreciated:

• Is this an "Original" AW or is it one of the chassis builds?
  • Is there a way to find out when it was manufactured?
  • How is the rifle set up from an enthusiast perspective? (Bipod, Scope, etc)
  • How much is this package worth?
Looking forward to learning about this hobby!

Heck of a first post!

As I said in the picture thread, if you didn't have a join date of yesterday, I'd think you're trolling us.

@VSP968

Thank you so much for the reply, it gives me confidence that I got something nice here. To be honest, I was shaky going into the deal because the price seemed too good to be true and I couldn't find any for sale online.

Welp, that's one way to make an entrance into this shooting world! I'd say get some FGMM 168gr and test the precision!
I have a 500 point check list for a new rig, but that would get lost on you pretty quick. Make sure the bore is dry of lube/oils, make sure action screws are tight to manual spec, scope ring screws are snug (20inch-lbs) and shoot the badass girl! Do get a torque wrench kit.

Can you post a full pic to check the general position of the scope?

Last edited:
Reactions: RushBDontStop
So is the scope a PM II 4-16x50? Just to be even more "wow"!

Reactions: Bender
This rifle will shoot extremely well. If it doesn't it is almost certainly you.

You would be very well advised to get some good training as you now have a top of the line sniper rifle.
This place looks fucken tits! I watched a short video of one of their instructors teaching the SPR class. His mind & mouth flowed like water getting his points across!

Welp, that's one way to make an entrance into this shooting world! I'd say get some FGMM 168gr and test the precision!
I have a 500 point check list for a new rig, but that would get lost on you pretty quick. Make sure the bore is dry of lube/oils, make sure action screws are tight to manual spec, scope ring screws are snug (20inch-lbs) and shoot the badass girl! Do get a torque wrench kit.

Id love to, what is the best angle of photographs to take?

Yea I'm sure this is totally legit.....gtfo

f7e6fb4a-0627-468c-97cc-f4255d55fbe2.gif

Talk about jumping into the deep end.

An Accuracy International being your first acquisition into this foray begs the question, do you have moolah left over for some proper ammo and training?

It is a lot of fun shooting it out to distances hard to see with the naked eye, WHAT IT ISINT, is Counter Strike.

Talk about jumping into the deep end.

An Accuracy International being your first acquisition into this foray begs the question, do you have moolah left over for some proper ammo and training?

It is a lot of fun shooting it out to distances hard to see with the naked eye, WHAT IT ISINT, is Counter Strike.
I'm at a very fortunate point in life where I can afford to spend money on toys like this, with ammo to feed. I shoot USPSA and have gotten training so I understand the money pit 😂

Lots of younger people now have money and can afford turn make believe into reality.
I’ve said for years video games are the unsung hero of gun rights by boosting owners.

So many people have got into guns after playing video games.

It’s a godsend considering fudds arent our friends and less people hunt now.

I’ve said for years video games are the unsung hero of gun rights by boosting owners.

So many people have got into guns after playing video games.

It’s a godsend considering fudds arent our friends and less people hunt now.
I bought my HK because of CounterStrike and it definitely started the AI itch 😂

Pretty sure this is Death before Dismount and them/they/their alternate account.

Wants to break top 100 as a “badass” PRS chooter and knows the gay Impact and ZCO combo aint gonna get they/them/their there.

Nice rifle and nice buy OP.
I have a few sweet rifles bought on consignment and nothing like that!!

Send me a pm about your checklist. Thanks

Did you get a chance to check out the pic? Thanks!

Did you get a chance to check out the pic? Thanks!
I did. I was trying to get an idea of the LOP of the buttstock and the eye relief. A generic way to determine LOP is to place the buttstock in your elbow and increase or decrease buttstock shims till your trigger finger can rest at 90 degrees from flat of trigger. 90-90 deal. 90 degrees in the elbow and 90 degrees of the finger. Once you establish that, you can set your eye relief with the rifle shouldered. The scope would need to move in the mounts front or back, and judging on the picture, you have plenty of tube to place the scope forward. If not moving the mount if possible/necessary.

.....you dropped $6k on a whim because you liked the gun in counterstrike......???
I guess this doesn't seem that crazy to me. I saw the rifle in the store, it made me really happy and I did some due diligence googling to make sure it's a decent deal.

Many people buy art, which has no practical use, in the same way and spend far, far more.

@RushBDontStop dont be surprised or confused by so many wondering if you are trolling. You literally jumped directly to what many shooters consider the highest factory option they could purchase.

Some people will assume you should know how to shoot before buying such an expensive rifle, but... No matter your reasoning from game to looking up military usage to just thinking it looks cool... you are starting with a very capable rifle that many have spent years wishing they could justify.

All you need now is a decent precision rifle training class and possibly to make friends with other rifle shooters.

Now for the expensive part... feeding that thing once you get addicted to shooting it.

The AWP in CS is in 338 Lapua I believe, you got the wrong AW. I'll take it off your hands while you look for the right AW to rush B :p

Welcome and nice rifle.

I mean, I've got no problem with it.....it does raise some questions though...

Namely...what do you do for work?

And ...are you hiring?
I'm in the software engineering field. I'd highly recommend it!
@RushBDontStop dont be surprised or confused by so many wondering if you are trolling. You literally jumped directly to what many shooters consider the highest factory option they could purchase.

Some people will assume you should know how to shoot before buying such an expensive rifle, but... No matter your reasoning from game to looking up military usage to just thinking it looks cool... you are starting with a very capable rifle that many have spent years wishing they could justify.

All you need now is a decent precision rifle training class and possibly to make friends with other rifle shooters.

Now for the expensive part... feeding that thing once you get addicted to shooting it.

I can understand it, but I was genuinely interested in learning about the rifle. Speaking of which, I got a reply from AI themselves about my rifle.

1694525862948.png

What is a SAS suppressor adapter? I don't see any way to thread a suppressor onto this muzzle device.

Also, is there anything special about a U.K. barrel vs a US one from that era?

Reactions: Modoc
I'm in the software engineering field. I'd highly recommend it!

I can understand it, but I was genuinely interested in learning about the rifle. Speaking of which, I got a reply from AI themselves about my rifle.

View attachment 8225687

What is a SAS suppressor adapter? I don't see any way to thread a suppressor onto this muzzle device.

Also, is there anything special about a U.K. barrel vs a US one from that era?
That muzzle device was constructed so that the SAS suppressor will fit over and lock onto it.

The UK one probably fitted by the person who smithed the rifle.

Reactions: Modoc
Welcome aboard 👍
U will make more friends at the range when you rocking with the AI.
As long as you’re not making friends at the public flat range you might be alright. Everyone knows you don’t go to there to make friends but to just sit in amusement.

Nice rifle OP. Way to jump in.

I too came from USPSA.

Where are you located?

As long as you’re not making friends at the public flat range you might be alright. Everyone knows you don’t go to there to make friends but to just sit in amusement.

Nice rifle OP. Way to jump in.

I too came from USPSA.

Where are you located?
What do you shoot in uspsa and how long have you been shooting?

I'm in WI!

I'm looking for recs for cheap practice ammo. I've already been recommended Federal 168 MatchKing for the "good stuff".

Does anyone have experience with Igman 147gr?