• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Difference between lapua 155 scenar and 155 scenar-L

Scarface26

knuckle dragger
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Southeast OK
Potentially got a good deal goin on the scenar-L bullets. The only thing I can find on them is from the Lapua website which of course says that they're the greatest. What do you gents know that makes them different form the previous version. Also, recommendations on a powder would be appreciated; shooting out of a 23" rock creek 11.25 and looking for 2800fps for 500 yards and under for 95% of shots. If these are over hyped, what else in the 155 flavor?

Last edited:
ManufCalWeightBulletSec DensG7i7
Lapua0.308155Scenar-L0.2330.2211.056
Lapua0.308155Scenar0.2330.2360.989

I'll let someone whos more experienced comment on recommendations.

Outcome, thanks. It would appear that the edge goes to the L's. Hopefully someone has had experience loading these vs other 155's. If not, stand by for a report.

God bless America

It would appear that the edge goes to the L's.

It would appear not, since their G7 BC is lower than that of the regular Scenar. Not by much, mind you, but it is lower nevertheless.

I've shot several thousand 155 Scenars out of a Palma rifle when I was an active NRA rifle competitor. They were exceedingly accurate and I would still be shooting them if they weren't $50 a box.

308 pirate, Thanks for the input. I may go with the L's because they're less than 30 cents apiece. Did you find the Lapua 155's sensitive to seating depth, powder, primers, etc.? am I barking up the wrong tree wanting to shoot this out of my aforementioned 23" barrel bolt gun and / or my 18" gas gun? 10 twist on the gasser and 11 on the other so I'm thinking I'll be OK. Recommendations on powder? Benchmark?

God bless America