• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dillon 1050 Tool Head Stand, About $12

jrhtx

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2006
Houston, TX
I don’t get to contribute much, being old and broke down. I got tired of not having something to put my Dillon Super 1050 tool heads on and also being cheep and not wanting to spend $60 on the only one I found online I made these up. I have seen several that people made but most required a lot of metal work or welding. Not having a welder but do have wood working tools I came up with this.

I had some ¾” cabinet grade plywood to use as a base now how to support the tool head.
DillonS10502.jpg

Parts List:
6 3/8 x 10” plywood base (sized to fit my shelf)
6 3/8 x 10” masonite bottom
¾”x3” pipe nipple
¾”female to 1’2” male brass fitting (found at ACE hardware, most expensive part $5.75)
1” PVC Plug with ½” female end (Home Depot Part: 49081124488, this just fits the center hole in the tool head. About $0.50

DillonS10503.jpg

DillonS10504.jpg

I drilled a ¾” hole with a hole saw and found that a ¾” pipe nipple would screw into the hole. I found a ¾”female to ½”male pipe brass fitting in my spare plumbing parts and a 1” PVC plug to ½” female pipe.

DillonS10505.jpg

I drilled a hole in the rear of the base to keep the head from swiveling around. I glued the Masonite to the base and finished with stain and paste wax.
Good luck and good shooting!

DillonS10506.jpg

DillonS10509.jpg

DillonS10508.jpg

DillonS105010.jpg

Re: Dillon 1050 Tool Head Stand, About $12

Nice job they look great and as obvious by your work bench, they are very functional.

Thanks for sharing.

cool idea, I have been storing all my 1050 toolheads in square buckets, works also but not as organized.
congrats.

I did the same thing a few years back for my 650. just bought a 10' peice of PVC and some couplers. did not bother with any threaded parts.
Yours look better, mine suffer from unsightly glue dribbles.

Very nice.
Great idea!

Very innovative. Looks nice too.

I thought I would bump this up....thanks for the thread....I didnt go with the 3/4 inch pipe I went with a 1/2 inch pipe and it threaded right into the 1/2 female PVC. I didnt have to get the adapter then.

I went with some chunks of delrin bolted through some 3/4 inch oak mounted on drawer slides.

I think I have that many 550b tool heads, but HOLY CRAP thats a lot of 1050 tool heads.