• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dillon xl650

For those who use a Mr. Bulletfeeder, this is a nice piece of kit. Greatly increases your range of attachments, though it is probably more suited for a moving toolhead press like a 1050 as the moving shellplate presses don't offer the same complications of varying tensions on the bullet delivery spring. Anyway, I have one of my extra Mr. Bulletfeeders on one and then a pipe on a flange on a 2x4, which I can clamp down to a workbench if I want to attach MBF to something like the Lee App press, or to lend it to a friend who might need it for something.

I ended up picking up the 650, been trying to get everything together and set up to start reloading. Picked up some forster .308 sizing and seating dies, lapua brass, some smk 168s, a few different powders, cci no.34 primers, and a conversion kit to get another head setup for doing 308.

Looking at buying an area 419 funnel kit, and i need to figure out a a scale setup, then i should be ready to go.

Thanks for all the help.

Attachments

• E8178F84-BAF1-452C-A449-7CE9D0BCF1A2.jpeg
    E8178F84-BAF1-452C-A449-7CE9D0BCF1A2.jpeg
    389.8 KB · Views: 44
You might want to think about getting a riser for the press e.g. a Dillon Strong mount or the Inline Fabrication mount.

reloading_bench_022-2233740.jpg

Was just looking into them and I’d probably do the 4”.

On another note i have a few powder related questions.

One, is the rcbs chargemaster lite or frankford intellidropper a good starting powder dispenser?

And i was looking at the area 419 funnel kit, what other parts do i need to order to run it in my 650?

No problems with a Chargemaster. I ran 2 side by side for years with excellent results making very accurate ammo.

You need there Dillon powder die adapter with the funnel and I run 1 drop tube....I believe the drop tube prevents bridging of powder. I've seen people reporting bridging with a funnel but I've never had that issue with 1 drop tube on my Area419 funnel

No problems with a Chargemaster. I ran 2 side by side for years with excellent results making very accurate ammo.

You need there Dillon powder die adapter with the funnel and I run 1 drop tube....I believe the drop tube prevents bridging of powder. I've seen people reporting bridging with a funnel but I've never had that issue with 1 drop tube on my Area419 funnel
I just loaded 250 rounds of 204 Ruger with that setup today using h4895. If anything is going to bridge, it is that combo. But not a single bridge. It's really a pretty flawless setup other than that it doesn't work for cartridges that require the large powder die, like WSMs. For that, the MK Machining is probably the way to go, or the universal adapter that Gun Guides sells.

Reactions: Huskydriver
I have yet to bridge anything just using the area 419 funnel no drop tube and all I have are pallets of varget, h4350, and retumbo for powder. Drop tube would prolly be nice though for near compressed loads to help settle the powder if you like to ride the lightning.

Charemasters work great until you wanna go autotrickler

ended up ordering a Chargemaster link, 419 funnel, extension tube, and dillon adapter.

I also picked up some IMR 4166, and BL-C(2), do you guys have any experience with these powders? Main reason i grabbed them was because it was the only thing local, and i didn't want to spend $100/lbs for varget.