• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Direct thread keeps coming loose

This is probably the dumbest shit I’ve ever seen. I don’t give 3 fucks how much you have done, and seen. This is moronic. Yes I use interference locknuts all the time. They are one time use. What you are advocating for is wanton destruction of barrel and suppressor threads. Don’t try to tell us how smart you are, or any of your other bullshit you always try. This is the pinnacle of stupidity.
I think by now most of us realize he’s challenged….

Area 419 Hellfire 5/8-24 direct thread adapter. Screw it into your direct thread can with a wrench and blue loctite then use it on a hellfire muzzle adapter. I used it on a couple of old direct thread cans and now I can use them on any barrel with a hellfire adapter.

8FFC7651-6076-485A-9F84-AF841C92A48B.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: nikonNUT and FuhQ
You could always run a Dead Air XENO mount setup. I will probably end up running this on my bolt-action hunting rifles. They're super light (titanium) and it's LH threads, so it won't loosen up while shooting.
Quick correction, Xeno mounts are 4140 not titanium. Still though I highly recommend them. I use them on my setups and the taper is nice. Maintains solid lockup and it's in front of the threads so no risk of carbon locking.

Reactions: FuhQ
Went down a lock washer rabbit hole.
Anybody use Nord-Lock type washers in industry? these look like they would be the ticket for this application if someone were inclined to.

View attachment 8023717

Yes, I've used them in testing for specialized fastener applications. You're WAY overthinking this, and do not need these or anything like them.

Loctite 243 and hand-tight works. Forget the numbers and theory about how hot you think it gets, and just try it. Experience > theory.

Loctite and rocksett don't work.
Think, girls.....they are both designed to release with heat.
Duh.
The thing that worked best for me is to take a chisel and hammer and lightly score 2 lines thru threads at 180* apart.
Go across the threads from muzzle tip to the base of the threaded portion.
It works just like an interference style lock nut.

What's that saying?
"Better to be thought an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove it."
Or something like that.

Your comments in that post are retarded and prove you don't have a clue about this stuff.

Went down a lock washer rabbit hole.
Anybody use Nord-Lock type washers in industry? these look like they would be the ticket for this application if someone were inclined to.

View attachment 8023717

Those work, the problem for this application is that the material on both sides of the washer has to be softer than the washer for them to bite.

Basic mild steel is their bread and butter
They are a royal bitch to get off and absolutely work.

But with a 400 series barrel and a hardened muzzle device, prob not going to bite.