• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing dissasembling obendorf bttm metal

pre64marksman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2010
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Has anyone ever removed the release button from either a Dakota arms or Sunnyhill bottom metal unit? And more importantly did it go back together and function properly afterwards? I was thinking of possibly doing some work to add texture to the button of a unit I have and was thinking it would be darn impossible to do what I want to do without removing the button first from inside the trigger bow. I was thinking about asking a local gunsmith to do it although they may or may not be familier with the oberndorf style unit. I haven't inquired about it to anyone local yet, just figured I'd ask about it here as well though. Again if its to much a fooey thing to monkey around with I probably will leave it alone given how expensive the unit is. I got it used but its still an investment not worth mucking up. I'm not worried about I want to do, more worried about it not going back together and functioning(jacked up springs, bad fitting etc.).

Re: dissasembling obendorf bttm metal

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pre64WINmarksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone ever removed the release button from either a Dakota arms or Sunnyhill bottom metal unit? And more importantly did it go back together and function properly afterwards? I was thinking of possibly doing some work to add texture to the button of a unit I have and was thinking it would be darn impossible to do what I want to do without removing the button first from inside the trigger bow. I was thinking about asking a local gunsmith to do it although they may or may not be familier with the oberndorf style unit. I haven't inquired about it to anyone local yet, just figured I'd ask about it here as well though. Again if its to much a fooey thing to monkey around with I probably will leave it alone given how expensive the unit is. I got it used but its still an investment not worth mucking up. I'm not worried about I want to do, more worried about it not going back together and functioning(jacked up springs, bad fitting etc.). </div></div>

Are you talking about this type of release?
triggerguard.jpg