• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

dissolving ammo

Blockbuster7

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2014
Hi. Is there a dissolving ammo? I've encountered the following: we have a projectile impact on a windscreen of a vehicle. But no traces of the shooters position, and the windscreen wasn't perforated. Thuis would mean the shooter was nearby and shot with a low calibre, or he was very far with special ammunition which didn't pierced the windscreen, and apparently dissapeared. CCTV analysis showed that no shooter was on the nearby rooftops neither. Does anyone knows what could have been used? Thanks a lot.

I have had this happen to me as well before.. couldn't find any trace of a bullet.

Turns out the dump truck was shooting pea gravel... who would have imagined that??

This. DRT ammo is a possibility.
Uncle had/has lots of it, black bullet w/green tip/white stripe. Intended for training M/G crews, but very quickly was issued and used for other things. Cycles threw a M14 and M60s, and a very good specialty rd for a bolt gun. The Nylon replacement (case an bullet) is not near as good for certain things, but better for others.

If it were frangible ammo, there would be fragments (dust) residue. If the windshield wasn't perforated, the bullet probably ricocheted far away and simply wasn't found, most likely with a weak caliber. A powerful caliber from very far away is highly unlikely. A ricochet off the ground into the glass, then off somewhere else is also possible.

But what is up with this as a first post?