• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes DMR 2 PRO vs XRS 2

Timetoshoot

Bullet driver
Minuteman
May 7, 2013
Carbondale
Currently shooting DMR 2 & LRTSi both G3
Rifle is mostly rang/comp. will be used for Big game (elk, deer, bear) in the fall when a 15 lb rifle isn’t a liability

I like the DMRII pro . I’ll be purchasing a new scope soon. Do I get another DMRII pro or an XRSII? Is the only difference magnification? Seems that glass quality is the same for both scopes. What does the DMR2 pro give up in relation to the XRS2.

Pretty skilled at reading specification charts and threads on here. Looking for input from people who have both, or shot both.

Xrs2 has more options, as far as different reticles and illumination. I've had both the dmr 2 and dmr 2 pro, the glass was noticeably better on the pro. The xrs2 also is 30x

Currently shooting DMR 2 & LRTSi both G3
Rifle is mostly rang/comp. will be used for Big game (elk, deer, bear) in the fall when a 15 lb rifle isn’t a liability

I like the DMRII pro . I’ll be purchasing a new scope soon. Do I get another DMRII pro or an XRSII? Is the only difference magnification? Seems that glass quality is the same for both scopes. What does the DMR2 pro give up in relation to the XRS2.

Pretty skilled at reading specification charts and threads on here. Looking for input from people who have both, or shot both.

The glass is the same. The difference between the XRS 2 and the Pro is magnification, reticle choices, length, and price. I don't know why Bushnell decided to offer reticle choices in the DMR 2 but not the DMR 2 Pro. If you like the G3 reticle the only thing you're giving up between the Pro and XRS 2 is the extra magnification which I don't think you'd use shooting critters. Personally I think the LRTSi is a better choice for hunting because of the size and weight but that's just personal preference.

Had both now just DMR Pro. I like Pro better than XRS2, I feel Bush stretched a bit in XRS design overall.

In addition to the other comments, the DMR2 Pro is slightly more forgiving on eye box, but when you have them on the same magnification, I don't think there's a significant difference. I have a Pro on my gas gun and XRS2s on my bolt guns. Personally, I prefer the XRS2 for most LR work, as there are times I do want that extra top end (especially for long prone stages or KYL racks).

In addition to the other comments, the DMR2 Pro is slightly more forgiving on eye box, but when you have them on the same magnification, I don't think there's a significant difference. I have a Pro on my gas gun and XRS2s on my bolt guns. Personally, I prefer the XRS2 for most LR work, as there are times I do want that extra top end (especially for long prone stages or KYL racks).
What do you think on using dmr pro for hunting?

What do you think on using dmr pro for hunting?

As long as you're comfortable with the G3 reticle, and weight isn't an issue, it's a great option. I have a few friends running them on hunting rigs, and I'd have no problem taking my Pro-equipped gasser out for some predator/varmint hunting.

Reactions: bjay