• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes DNZ Game Reaper 1pc Scope Mounting System?

Jdpalm3

Private
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2009
Blacksburg
Bout to drop a WOTAC variable power onto my new R700 SA. I really Like the 1 piece design for scope mounts. Ive heard that the DNZ products game reaper is really nice. Anyone have any experience with them? What height do i need to clear the 50mm objective on a R700 with a heavy contour barrel? High right? or will the mediums work? Thanks

DNZ Game Reaper

Re: DNZ Game Reaper 1pc Scope Mounting System?

please..................................my popcorn popper is on the fritz.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">please..................................my popcorn popper is on the fritz. </div></div>

what?

I've got one on kimber 8400 and it seems well machined...

will the high model clear a 50 mm objective? how mout the medium? how can i determine this?

I can't answer your first question, as I used a low to mount a 36mm objective.
However, you should be able to take measurements of your objective, compared to scope centerline, and proof that against the height of the mount to find out what your clearance will be.

Got one on my AR, I like it. 4-12x50 Buckmaster clears the DD handguard with room for BC covers.

Yes it will I have 1 on my 7mag with a Nikon 4-16x50 and it fits perfectly. DNZ makes awesome scope mounts

Great mounts, have two, both on Remingtons. The first is a low mount holding onto a Nikon Monarch 4-16x50. The barrel contour is the SPS Varmint. It clears the barrel by about 1/8" to spare. The second one is a low mount holding a Leupold 3-9x40 on Standard BDL contour barrel. It clears by about 1/4" to spare. If you try to mount a short tubed 50mm objective you will need a medium mount, if the total scope length being around 12" long. Reason that is the Monarch has a overall length of 14" and puts the objective out to the muzzle further to the barrel drop. Hope that helps.

I have one on a Savage and love it. Its a high 30mm piece mounting a Vortex Viper 50mm over a Savage Target action with Heavy bull barrel. There is about 1/8th inch clearence between bell and barrel with the BC covers installed. Not the most tacticool looking mount but pretty damn strong looking. There's a lot of aluminum in those mounts.

Mike

I used the DedNutz Game Reaper to mount a WOTAC 4-14X50 on my Tikka .308. It is the high mount.

cool looks like ill be ording one, cant wait for the gen4 wotacs...

so, thought i had decided on the high mount, but according to Game Reaper, (i called), the medium will clear a 50mm obj. plain bell scope.

from the website:

"*The extra low mounts fit all 32MM objective scopes and some 40MM objective scopes. *All of our low mounts will fit plain bell 40MM objective scopes and some 44MM objective scopes. *Medium mounts fit all 44MM objective scopes and most 50MM plain bell objective scopes. *High mounts fit all 50MM objective scopes and most 56MM objective scopes."

so, knowing that, for those of you who know more about this than me, will the medium work with the WOTAC 4-14x50 with the sunshade and butler creek flip caps?

Measurement from the bottom of the mount at the front of the receiver to the centerline of the scope tube:

medium for 30mm tube - 1.105"
high for 30mm tube - 1.230"

Id like the medium if possible, to keep the profile lower, but I dont want to have clearance issues.

Rifle is the 700xcr long range tactical .308, so it has the triangle contour barrel...

ALSO: anyone have pics of this mount on their 700 with a 50mm scope? how bout just on a 700 no matter the scope? or any bolt rifle with this mount? thanks

here's the best pic I have at the moment of the mount/scope/action area. I'll see if I can get one of the side so you can see the gap after the caps are installed. It wasn't much.

P1000156-600.jpg

Savage Target Action,
DNZ high 30mm mount
Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50mm
Douglas 7mm-08 bull barrel

Hope that helps a little.

Mike

it does, im thinking maybe the 700 receiver is taller allowing for the mediums as the guy at DNZ said, I just wanna make sure b4 i order. Rather measure twice and cut once... u know

Yeah I know what you mean. I had the scope already and the action so with a bunch of measurements I figured I would need the High mount. Medium would have been too close and probably would not have allowed the caps to be installed. Good luck!

Mike

Solid mounts and I have no reservations using them for anything. The only reason Im not going to run one on my Surgeon round is that they dont make it.

Is the WOTAC a 30mm tube? I know they offer long range mounts with 10,20 or 30moa built in but I think they were only for one inch tubes the last time I checked.

Yes, the WOTAC has a 30mm tube.

DNZ makes 30mm mounts with 10-20-30 MOA options on a Remington action but not the Savage according to their website. I didn't need it with my scope but I bet they could make one if you called them.

mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim Palmer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">will the high model clear a 50 mm objective? how mout the medium? how can i determine this? </div></div>

Med. will work........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 467</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim Palmer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">will the high model clear a 50 mm objective? how mout the medium? how can i determine this? </div></div>

Med. will work........ </div></div>

with scope caps and a sunshade?

Yes,but it will be very close.If you want the scope mounted as close as you can get it go with med.Your flip up caps should work.They did on mine.Although i had to sand the bottom of the scope cap about a 1/16 to clear the barrel.Now if you have no objections about doing that then go with med......If you do go with high.

Im going to go ahead and tell ya.The dnz is a good mounting system.......But if you are getting into the long range shooting game imho This combination isnt going to satisfy you for long.
You would be much better served(as shooting skills improve)to go with a 20 moa one piece base.and a good set of rings(nightforce,leupold,badger,warne,etc.)..........Im just saying.

this ia also a hunting rifle, and im on a budget. wen i step up to a more serious scope i more than likely will. I think this will be fine for now though...

btw, what scope did u use with the mediums? wotac or other? might just go with the high mount, its not much taller...

No problem i understand the budget thing.your combination will serve you well.......Just keep shooting and saving your pennies.....

well just ordered the high mount in black and a blackhawk cheek riser, now just need the gen4 wotacs to be released...

So does anyone know when the gen4 wotacs will be out? From what i have read/was told they should have been out by now... anyone know anything?