• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Does a suppressor booster need a break in?

tomcatfan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2010
Southern MD.
I just picked up an Omega 36m and am having cycling issues with a P320. I understand the 36m isn't light and the 320 isn't an ideal host, but I've got a couple of questions I hope someone may have some insight on.

When getting the 36m, I bought a silencerco barrel for my berretta 92fs and a faxon barrel for my 320. The 92 fs runs with everything I've thrown at it. At first the 320 wouldn't cycle at all. I picked up a new guiderod, a 12 lb,and 10 lb recoil springs. Even with a 12lb recoil spring it wouldn't cycle. I switched to the 10 lb spring and it still stove pipes but won't chamber rounds due to the lack of forward pressure.

Silencerco pistons are impossible to find at the moment so I picked up a rugged due to compatibility. Ive greased everything and have movement in the booster. Does the piston need broken in? Could I have a bad barrel? Or is suppressing the 320 just not in the cards for me trying to use a 36m?

I just picked up an Omega 36m and am having cycling issues with a P320. I understand the 36m isn't light and the 320 isn't an ideal host, but I've got a couple of questions I hope someone may have some insight on.

When getting the 36m, I bought a silencerco barrel for my berretta 92fs and a faxon barrel for my 320. The 92 fs runs with everything I've thrown at it. At first the 320 wouldn't cycle at all. I picked up a new guiderod, a 12 lb,and 10 lb recoil springs. Even with a 12lb recoil spring it wouldn't cycle. I switched to the 10 lb spring and it still stove pipes but won't chamber rounds due to the lack of forward pressure.

Silencerco pistons are impossible to find at the moment so I picked up a rugged due to compatibility. Ive greased everything and have movement in the booster. Does the piston need broken in? Could I have a bad barrel? Or is suppressing the 320 just not in the cards for me trying to use a 36m?
I can't tell you definitively, but when I put my Rugged Obsidian 9 on my Sig M17...I just started putting rounds down-range. I will say that my M17 prefers 165gr subsonic ammo, but will also shoot 147gr subsonic.

I did not do anything other than screw the suppressor on and pew pew pew!

I’ve used a Wolfman on a P320 C with the Silencerco barrel. Using hand loaded subs, I couldn’t get reliable cycling at all. Greased it some more and switched to 124gr and it got better, but still far from reliable. So all that to say, I think it’s definitely possible that break in may be necessary with a non-pistol specific can.

It won’t be as quiet, but what about running some +p ammo through the Sig to see if the extra pressure helps?

Can't remember who makes it, but the only stuff I could find to make my 320 run reliably with a can was some 165gr subsonic 9mm.