• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Don't bother with Weavers tactical 1.5x scope.

Boogyman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2010
Palmetto State
Heads up, got a little money thought I'd try Weavers new 1.5x6x24 illuminated scope on my AR. Pulled it out of the box, turned the retical on and thought I was looking into a flashlight! Played with it a while, the retical "ghosted" light so bad it was hard to make out objects in the same room!( I had the retical on mid level brightness) Placed a call to Weaver the next day, the service tech. said to send it in, I inquired about turn around. He stated it would be 4 to 5 weeks....before they could look at it! I hung up and was just about to send it back to Midway, to get my money back.(which I should have done!) Instead I called and asked for the national sales manager, her name is Karen Johnson. She was very polite and stated she would take care of it. Sent the scope back to Weaver...(had to pay shipping to them....remember this was a brand new scope...) Two weeks went by havent heard a word. Called Ms. Johnson, she still hasnt return my calls yet. Called the service dept. and inquired about the repair, they stated it had been fixed and is boxed up to be shipped. They were going to ship it to a wrong address. Glad I inquired about it. Got it back yesterday....the retical is worse than it was before. The optics are blurred and hard to focus on. The turrets are very mushy. Thank goodness I bought it from Midway...its boxed up and getting sent back for a refund......Weaver and your products....are shit!
027-1.jpg

026-1.jpg

Re: Don't bother with Weavers tactical 1.5x scope.

Well, I personally would never buy a Weaver optic, but they make pretty good rails (after bedding).