• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce Customer Service

rg1911

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2012
Laramie, Wyoming
Entirely my fault, my AR-10 fell over onto hard-packed dirt and rocks. By sacrificing itself, my Nightforce NXS 8-32 saved the rifle from any damage.

Except for a smashed sunshade, the scope looked OK. None-the-less, I sent it to Nightforce for inspection and repair (if necessary). It came back about two weeks later with a clean bill of health, a new sunshade, and no charge for the work.

It would be difficult to improve on that service, and the durability of the scope seems pretty good, also.

Cheers,
Richard

My experience with niteforce years ago was horrible. My buddy just sent in a 20 year old benchrest scope with issues. He said their customer service has been great. No charge to him. Maybe they've turned a page.

Quite a while back, I purchased an NXS with the Velocity 1000 reticle for a 280AI I was building. I could nver get the velocity good enough for the reticle to be sufficient. Since Hazen Lane was on my way to work, I stopped in to see if they would be able to swap the reticle for me. They said sure. I told them I'd check back in a few weeks. The guy asked me if I wouldn't mind waiting for about 30 minutes and I had time so I did. He came back with my scope and the MOAR reticle installed. It did cost me a few bucks but not much. I own 4 NXS scopes, an SHV and an NX8. That is the ONLY time I have used their customer service and the experience was way over on the positive side of the integers.

Reactions: 96coal449
Customer care was great, they took care of me Nightforce Atacr zero stop got fixed.

Entirely my fault, my AR-10 fell over onto hard-packed dirt and rocks. By sacrificing itself, my Nightforce NXS 8-32 saved the rifle from any damage.

Except for a smashed sunshade, the scope looked OK. None-the-less, I sent it to Nightforce for inspection and repair (if necessary). It came back about two weeks later with a clean bill of health, a new sunshade, and no charge for the work.

It would be difficult to improve on that service, and the durability of the scope seems pretty good, also.

Cheers,
Richard
I’m curious if your setup held zero? Knowing this has nothing to do with CS but just curious. Thanks.

Similar experience to everyone else thus far. Bought a used ATACR that apparently someone Hulked the elevation turret screws back down after setting their zero and it caused the turret to stick. The tech rep was extremely knowledgeable and based on my description felt very confident the overtightening caused a burr that the turret was now stuck on. Had an RMA email 5 minutes later to send my scope in. Quoted 6 weeks with their current backlog. I’ll see how it goes from here but based on my experience thus far and all the experience in the group I’m expecting great service.

On round 2 of a repair with a NF that starts off well, tracks and zeros initially. Some place at about the 1/2 dozen shots & it loses zero and stops tracking properly. Thinking it was me, I handed it over to @Mike Casselton to do his thing. He experienced the same problem. The NF team swears that it's tracking properly and to make sure I use quality rings -- I use NF rings ;-) It's shipping back today and will get the "strike 3" test. God, this is frustrating!

Anything mechanical can break unfortunately, some companies are better addressing it than others.
Fortunately, Nightforce is one of the better companies :)

Contacted NF on 01/11/22 because I had damaged the clutch ring by over-tightening the turret screws on my 7-35x56mm ATACR due to a bad torque tool. Sent them pictures, they said it was mostly a cosmetic issue but they'd RMA it if I wanted it fixed since they know it bothers some people. They quoted me 6 weeks. Shipped it out 01/13/22, took about a week to make it there. Got a call on 2/2/22, the individual I talked to said the zero stop mechanism was not up to their spec so they were going to go ahead and replace the whole assembly (news to me, never had an issue with it). Had the scope back in hand yesterday (2/9/22).
Haven't had the chance to really put it through it's paces, but I threw it on my CZ 455, zeroed it at 50 yards and then dialed it out with Strelok pro and made hits every 50 yards out to 300 on 6x6 steel targets.

I'm pretty happy with that service and turn around for something I screwed up on my own. Worst part about the whole thing was the cost of the insurance since you can't trust any mail services these days.

On round 2 of a repair with a NF that starts off well, tracks and zeros initially. Some place at about the 1/2 dozen shots & it loses zero and stops tracking properly. Thinking it was me, I handed it over to @Mike Casselton to do his thing. He experienced the same problem. The NF team swears that it's tracking properly and to make sure I use quality rings -- I use NF rings ;-) It's shipping back today and will get the "strike 3" test. God, this is frustrating!
Excuse me if this is dumb question, but is the scope slipping in the rings? Or rings or rail moving?
Maybe a paint pen marks fire and aft of all contact points to eliminate that possibility?

Reactions: nrspence
Excuse me if this is dumb question, but is the scope slipping in the rings? Or rings or rail moving?
Maybe a paint pen marks fire and aft of all contact points to eliminate that possibility?
Great questions! Marked the scope with whiteout....cheap trick but works. No movement. The glass has been in both NF rings and Warne rings. NF is sending a new pair back with the scope. Rail is tight. If this was the first rifle that I had it mounted to, I'd question the same topics but it happened on it's 2nd rifle. Mike Casselton is going to put it on his 6BR now to test for a 3rd round

Reactions: Makinchips208
Great questions! Marked the scope with whiteout....cheap trick but works. No movement. The glass has been in both NF rings and Warne rings. NF is sending a new pair back with the scope. Rail is tight. If this was the first rifle that I had it mounted to, I'd question the same topics but it happened on it's 2nd rifle. Mike Casselton is going to put it on his 6BR now to test for a 3rd round

Didja get that thing back yet?
First thing I'm gonna do is run a tracking test on it.

3moa in each direction is a joke.
It's gonna get run to the stops. Gently of course.

We'll go from there

Similar experience to everyone else thus far. Bought a used ATACR that apparently someone Hulked the elevation turret screws back down after setting their zero and it caused the turret to stick. The tech rep was extremely knowledgeable and based on my description felt very confident the overtightening caused a burr that the turret was now stuck on. Had an RMA email 5 minutes later to send my scope in. Quoted 6 weeks with their current backlog. I’ll see how it goes from here but based on my experience thus far and all the experience in the group I’m expecting great service.
Wanted to close the loop on this. Just got a call from Nightforce yesterday that my scope was coming back. My stuck elevation turret was indeed from the previous owner torquing the screws down too tight. Nightforce replaced the clutch wheel and threw in a PTL because the scope didn’t have one when I bought it used. Timing was less than the six to eight weeks I was quoted. I don’t have the scope back yet but overall I couldn’t have had a better experience.