• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Double bullet lodged - how to finish removal?

I thought about this, bit wasn't sure if I could thread a nut on and still fit the barrel. No machining equipment unfortunately. I'll try a 30cal jig just ordered first. Found a local smith if that doesn't work.

I thought about this, bit wasn't sure if I could thread a nut on and still fit the barrel. No machining equipment unfortunately. I'll try a 30cal jig just ordered first. Found a local smith if that doesn't work.

Don’t think you’ll need the nut…the threads should grab if you tap it?

How in the heck did a round not have enough energy to push the projectile out the bore and yet still completely cycle the action? Are you not telling the whole truth OP? :)
It passed the gas port before getting stuck. Resultant pressure was enough to cycle the action (and prevent the rifle from KB'ing in the process).

Then he doubled down on it.

Why was a 16 inch barrel drilled for pistol gas system?

Is that common?
My 10.5 is pistol gas system.

My pet load is 220 fbrn with 12.1g cfeblk.
Common on .300BLK whether or not it's an SBR. Helps with cycling issues. I think the AAC barrel I have is made that way.

I agree with chopping it for a few reasons. Or replacement, depends...

You could try Sweets if all you really have left in there is a copper jacket. Dissolve that motherfucker. But Sweets isn't good for the barrel either, not as long as you'd have to leave it in there.

Reactions: lash
Is there enough bullet left to tap them and insert a threaded rod? Seem like a perfect 1/4-20 situation
Ok. fucked up and I knew better.. I got two bullets (sub-sub sonic apparently) stuck at the end of a 16" barrel. 300BO, pistol gas system.
Charge was enough to cycle, but not push bullet all the way out... so I'm assuming the barrel isn't bulged.

Tried oak dowel, and aluminum rod, but they were wedged pretty hard.. (ELD-X 220g)
I've drilled out with successively larger bits until now I just have basically a couple copper jackets in there wedged.
Not sure what to try now to remove those and not damage the barrel.
Either a perfect fit copper rod, heat, freeze or BT Eliminator soa
Heat is generally the way to get tight metal unstuck, that and big hammer. Freon down the bore will not work you are just gonna burn your hands and or blind yourself. All of this is got to be terrible for the barrel. I’m with changing the barrel and consider this a powerful lesson.

No damn way he can quit now.

To many posts of concern and or morbid curiosity thinly veiled as credible suggestions on the removal of two now infamous projectiles to leave us hanging.

We demand satisfaction Sir.

By now the possibly fatally crippled barrel deserves at least a fitting end.

You had me up until you took the makita to it with an index set.
Most assuredly you fvcked up the crown or rifling in the barrel.
Put it in the garden. You are the proud owner of a tomato stake.

So, it's out, but barrel may be shot, but it was so close.

Tried a 7mm carbon fiber rod, but it just started to flare on the end and wouldn't budge. So, I went back to the drill and started increasing drill bit size to remove a little more. Got to about .297 and thought it was looking pretty good.
Put some Bore Tech Eliminator and tried to seal the end with plastic and rubber bands. Kinda, held but was leaking slowly.
Let it sit for four hours. Not sure if it softened the copper or not, but used a metal pick with rounded end to push in the edges on the top.
Then used the carbon fiber rod to punch it back down and out.
Looking in the barrel, looks like the drill bit did do a little damage right towards the end, and removed about 1/4" of rifling on one spot. I obviously wasn't holding it perfectly parallel at one point doing this by hand.

I'll take it out and see if it's key-holeing or spraying random directions. If I cut it down, I'd still have to have it re-threaded then pinned since the lower is a rifle. Plus, I was really want to run a suppressor on this anyway. Or, buy another lower to make a pistol I guess :)

There's about 1000 degrees F wiggle room between the copper melting to the steel melting point, not to mention the very low melting point of the lead cores.
Chances are that a little bit of heat would have softened the bullets enough to make them easy to tap out with no bore damage.

Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶
Once you half-wrecked the barrel, you did the right thing by wrecking it the rest of the way. Although, for style and drama, you could have done a little something extra, employing high voltage, or causing some bloodshed. No matter! Congratulations, now you can easily justify buying a new barrel.

Next is a full post mortem disection. Get the grinder.

nomb26e0FV1uAgxChCJWzVV-7wU9Iaz4ryvXb07sQLU.jpg

No problem. LMAO, I remembered it wrong. He had a leak with a 90 degree zerk and then went with a straight fitting and it worked. His wall will never be the same though!

Why the hell didn't he do that outside? Lmao

Could you use cerrosafe to plug the bore and beat on it more?