• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Double stack 22 lr mag

hermnrob

Private
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2010
Sevierville, TN
I have look online an at older post here, trying to find a double stack 22lr pistol. I read the older post about hi-capacity Keltec which I read is a copy of the Grendel. Guns seem to have problem and are not recommended. I would like to have a 1911 22lr pistol but want it to have more than a 10 round mag. Seems like everyone is making a 1911 22lr pistol but only with a 10 rd mag. I would like to Know if a double stack mag can be made or not.

Re: Double stack 22 lr mag

Cieners M9 conversion has a 15 round mag. If I liked the M9 I would still have mine.

The Ciener M9 kit was the best thing about the M9.

It was quiet too- had a rubber shock buff std.

I looked at the m9 conversion kit, but I was wondering if a dedicated 1911 pistol could be made with a double stack mag that could hold 20 or 30 rds. The keltec holds 30 rds of 22 mag but they have problems from what i read not only feeding the being accurate. Thanks for info on the m9 conversion.

S&W model 41 and 422's have ~12rd single stack mags available.

I don't own one, but a buddy was surprised when she discovered they could hold more than 10.

I appreciate the infro no the pistols with single stack mags and understand they can hold 10 to even up to 15 rds from what I read. I also understand that a double stack 22lr mag is not made by any manufacturer. But is it possible to make one and a production 1911 that could hold 20 to 30 rds. A double stack 9mm or 40 cal can hold up to 20 plus one and a 22lr is much smaller. Is there a problem making one because of the rimfire case. I have seen countless blogs asking if anyone makes them but no answer why they dont except must comp pistol only need 10 rds and the Clinton banned. Question can it be done and feed. correctly.

There is a guy on rimfirecentral that can modify factory Ruger Mk II or III mags to hold 12 rounds.

Also, the Phoenix HP22 has a slightly stacked mag. Not a great pistol, but the mag shows it can be done.

The big problem with a double stack mag is the rims on the 22 ammo...

Thanks ivanthesane thats what I was wondering if it was the rimfire case. Do you know of a site that could go into detail.

Thanks went to the site an looked at it. I would rather have a manufacturer produce a 1911 with a double stack mag but one has or can't. So I guess i'll have to fine a extened mag for the ruger or buy a glock.