• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

drops at 200 and 300 way more than supposed to be! 6mm cm hornady 108 factory ammo

sdrawkcab

Private
Minuteman
Sep 4, 2012
I have 2 new rifles that shoot bug holes at 1 and 200 meters. I zero'd at 100m and get 3" drop at 200 and 16" at 325m. 108 eldm 2950 fps.
both guns do this. I don't understand.

I have 2 new rifles that shoot bug holes at 1 and 200 meters. I zero'd at 100m and get 3" drop at 200 and 16" at 325m. 108 eldm 2950 fps.
both guns do this. I don't understand.
So what are your drops in mils at 200 and 325?

That’s exactly what they should be shooting. I ran a quick trajectory for that load and bullet, but didn’t change yards to meters, just because.

First off: 100m = 109.4y, 209m = 218.7y, 325m = 355.4y

Here’s what I got:

1716757520493.png

It looks to me like those drops are dead on.

Reactions: Baron23
2.14 and 3 and 12.14 and 16 seem significant to me as far as bc numbers are concerned but hey I just wanted to point out on paper they don't match very closely, sure... I can true, but the numbers don't seem close to what the book says they should be and that is why I asked. This was paper not steel. Thanks

2.14 and 3 and 12.14 and 16 seem significant to me as far as bc numbers are concerned but hey I just wanted to point out on paper they don't match very closely, sure... I can true, but the numbers don't seem close to what the book says they should be and that is why I asked. This was paper not steel. Thanks
You are not reading the solution chart correctly. It is in yards, not meters. Your 16" is at 325 meters, which is 355 yards. Go down the chart past 325 yards to 355, or 350 and 375, and you will find it should be about 16"

Reactions: lash
You are not reading the solution chart correctly. It is in yards, not meters. Your 16" is at 325 meters, which is 355 yards. Go down the chart past 325 yards to 355, or 350 and 375, and you will find it should be about 16"
you are at 219 and 355 yards on that chart.
Almost exactly 3” and 16” drop by the ballistic calculation.

See my original post.

This is correct. And at 200 meters or about 219 yards, the drop is exactly 3”.

I think that you need to change the settings in your ballistics calculator to read in meters and not yards. I didn’t change mine for this exercise and stated that. Sorry for your confusion.

…but the numbers don't seem close to what the book says they should be and that is why I asked.
What book or reference are you using?

Just try not to co-mingle the metric and imperial measurements. I think that may be where your confusion lies.