• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DT or AI for LE

Sounds interesting; I’ll read about it.

I can tell you for sure that I cannot fire on a vehicle for the purposes of disabling/stopping the vehicle. Even if I was lugging a .50cal, that round must go through the windshield, fired at the driver.
How are stop sticks or this stuff legal then?

Just watch the Documentary on Marv.

Dozer.

Armored a dozer and tore up town.

Im just a simple hillbilly who likes rifles. I dont know the rules yall have to follow or pretend to, except on Saturdays. 😉

@B4forever
Get an AI and be done with it.
Call MHS and talk to Troy. Ask for him.
Tell him the pink shoed weirdo nurse sent you.
He is an awesome guy.

also, buy a ZCO from him and this SPUHR mount I am selling for a screaming bargain (was donated by MHS) for this fundraiser. 😁

Reactions: BurtGummer
This place is just like arfcom. Full of blowhards bloviating about stuff like their experts when in reality they are just experts at Call Of Duty and Cheetos

at least there’s less cop haters here.
Dont let them get you down BG. They do this because you are the new guy. They wouldnt do it if they didnt like you deep down.

Armored a dozer and tore up town.
He made composite armor. Thick ar steel on both sides and then poured concrete between the 2 pieces. AP or api wouldn’t touch it they were getting ready to have the national guard hellfire or A10 him when he got stuck.

so future killdozers need anti air

The dozer situation was an unusual problem for sure. One in which the driver could not be engaged directly, necessitating disabling the machine. There may have been some hurried conversations taking place regarding the legality of taking that shot, had it happened.

I’ll stand by my previous assertion that .338’s and .50’s don’t have any use in “normal” LE sniper roles.

Last edited:
Hi,

You certainly understand that there are lighter weight projectiles with better BC than those 300gr 338cal projectiles right?

So why take the reduction in MV and a reduction in BC value of going to those 300gr 338s?

The 338LM case itself was NEVER intended to use 300gr+ weight class projectiles....it just wasn't.

And just so nobody has to go searching for the numbers:

Berger OTM 300gr 338cal has G1 of .82
Badlands 265gr 338cal has G1 of .89
Badlands 285gr 338cal has G1 of 1.001
PVA 338cal has G1 right in line and/or slightly better than those.
Flatlines 256gr 338cal has G1 of .862
Flatlines 285gr 338cal has G1 of .968

Sincerely,
Theis
Thanks for the projectile info, I will check into them, and if they will work in my barrel I may try them. I do have the 300 grain Bergers working well for me at this time.
And I agree with you, the 338 LM never was intended to use 300 grain projectiles. Thats why they set the COAL at 3.6" However, when the 300 grains bullets came along they certainly made a huge improvement over the 250's, and work best around 3.9" COAL. Which is hard to get magazines for. I imagine the projectiles you mentioned are fairly long as well, and likely need a faster twist too. I just want to fully use the lapua's case capacity with the higher bc bullets, and am glad the DT mags are 4" long.

Hi,

You certainly understand that there are lighter weight projectiles with better BC than those 300gr 338cal projectiles right?

So why take the reduction in MV and a reduction in BC value of going to those 300gr 338s?

The 338LM case itself was NEVER intended to use 300gr+ weight class projectiles....it just wasn't.

And just so nobody has to go searching for the numbers:

Berger OTM 300gr 338cal has G1 of .82
Badlands 265gr 338cal has G1 of .89
Badlands 285gr 338cal has G1 of 1.001
PVA 338cal has G1 right in line and/or slightly better than those.
Flatlines 256gr 338cal has G1 of .862
Flatlines 285gr 338cal has G1 of .968

Sincerely,
Theis
I checked the projectiles you mentioned. I like the looks of the Badlands 255 grain as it will load and work with my current chamber/throat dimensions and twist rate. I might be able to get the 265 grain to fit, but not sure. I need to see if I can get dimensions for these two, then place an order. Thanks again for the info!

The dozer situation was an unusual problem for sure. One in which the driver could not be engaged directly, necessitating disabling the machine. There may have been some hurried conversations taking place regarding the legality of taking that shot, had it happened.

I’ll stand by my previous assertion that .338’s and .50’s don’t have any use in “normal” LE sniper roles.

I agree with you on LE Snipers not needing lagre rifles. I would point out that Dallas had the recent incident where the guy attacked their HQ building with an old armored car he bought. Dallas SWAT shot him through the windshield with a 50 because their 308s wouldn't penetrate the armored glass.

As far as shooting to disable a vehicle... Not only would you have to work out the liabilities of rounds going through the engine bay and harming the suspect/bystanders, but even if the engine shot worked perfectly in my opinion you are running a fine line of aggravated assault on the occupants.

A large caliber rifle is just another tool. Some may not think its needed but better to have and not need.... I mean who thought the Dallas robot was genius?
1627349267626.png

Reactions: C-grunt