• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DTA HTI .50/.375CT experience??

nontypical9

Private
Minuteman
Aug 30, 2012
Hey guys...I just sold an EDM .408....and just ordered a new DTA HTI with .50 and .375CT barrels.....will be topped with a NF 5.5-22x56 with MOAR.....just wanted to know if anybody has any real experience behind this gun?? They say the accuracy is very good.....Thx and Semper Fi 8541s....

Re: DTA HTI .50/.375CT experience??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nontypical9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys...I just sold an EDM .408....and just ordered a new DTA HTI with .50 and .375CT barrels.....will be topped with a NF 5.5-22x56 with MOAR.....just wanted to know if anybody has any real experience behind this gun?? They say the accuracy is very good.....Thx and Semper Fi 8541s....</div></div>
No experience but did you order it with the group buy on here? Price is right that way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nontypical9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys...I just sold an EDM .408....and just ordered a new DTA HTI with .50 and .375CT barrels.....will be topped with a NF 5.5-22x56 with MOAR.....just wanted to know if anybody has any real experience behind this gun?? They say the accuracy is very good.....Thx and Semper Fi 8541s.... </div></div>

I'm super jealous and think you will be very happy!!!

Mike if I buy it. It will definetly be through you. Already contacted you for a buddy of mine who will be placing his order soon

Tag,also interested in hearing more on this rifles

Guys,
We have shipped a bunch of HTI's but everyone must be indoors eating turkeys so we are taking matters into our own hands. We are going to go shoot 3K yds on Dec 18th if anyone wants to come watch. We will be shooting in Tooele Utah for you local boys who want to attend. Stay tuned!

Thanks

Nick

Oooh....I want to go! When? Where? Oh, BTW, My kid bought a DTA .338 Lapua from you guys when he got back from Afghanistan.
whistle.gif

We will choose a place and time for everyone to meet and post it this week. We did get bombed with a bunch of snow so we will be watching the weather too.

Very interested too!!! Is there any info on chamber dimensions at least on the 50? And maybe some favorite loads?
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TNtrg.300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What scope & base set-up will you guys be running to shoot 3000? </div></div>

We will be running a 40 MOA DTA mount with my Vortex Razor HD mounted up. I can get to 2750 with the internal elevation, the rest will need to be held.

Ready for some results of todays 3000 yard shoot!

This should be a very cool 3000 yard event! We have had to use a 60 MOA base, the NASA ballistic program, and a NF 5.5 x 22 to get out to 3600 yards with the 408. Clearly the 375 has fantastic potential in the hands of trained professionals, looking forward to the test results. Good hunting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kilmore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have had to use a 60 MOA base, the NASA ballistic program, and a NF 5.5 x 22 to get out to 3600 yards with the 408.</div></div>
How do I get my hands on that NASA ballistics program?

You can get the NASA ballistic software from the Secret Service or the CIA. One of the two will control the technology very soon. A civilianized version might be available in several years. Depends on how contract that gets finalized. I have the program loaded onto a T-41 and I carry it with me 24-7, along with a .45 to protect it. It has self destruct capability that can be dialed up and initiated if it falls into the wrong hands. It won't. The SD micro chip is in a safe deposit box.

.375 CheyTac Desert Tactical Munitions, Factory manufactured with 352 Grain Solid Cutting Edge projectile .89 BC (factual)
3,118 fps at Muzzle aprox 850+ fps at target
Sub MOA accuracy
Temp 13 to 17 (5 to 10 drop with wind chill)
Wind 6 mph (gusts to 10-12)
Baro 30.3
Alt 5,446 ASL
46 Humidity
Target Direction 3 Degrees North
6.5 second flight time
39 Mils with a 500 yard zero.
Optic = Vortex HD 5-20 X 50 with EBR2B reticle. 40 MOA DTA scope mount, elevation maxed, power set to 12, hold was the increment below the bottom post level with the bottom of target, two mil left hold center of target.

[video:youtube]]http://youtu.be/YLSsdzdkS8Y[/video]
[video:youtube]http://youtu.be/sjTl6FLMNnY][/video]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kilmore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can get the NASA ballistic software from the Secret Service or the CIA. One of the two will control the technology very soon. A civilianized version might be available in several years. Depends on how contract that gets finalized. I have the program loaded onto a T-41 and I carry it with me 24-7, along with a .45 to protect it. It has self destruct capability that can be dialed up and initiated if it falls into the wrong hands. It won't. The SD micro chip is in a safe deposit box. </div></div>

W...T...F??

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Justin, you are 42 years old. I am certain I did not use terminology you wouldn't understand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr Scholl</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kilmore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can get the NASA ballistic software from the Secret Service or the CIA. One of the two will control the technology very soon. A civilianized version might be available in several years. Depends on how contract that gets finalized. I have the program loaded onto a T-41 and I carry it with me 24-7, along with a .45 to protect it. It has self destruct capability that can be dialed up and initiated if it falls into the wrong hands. It won't. The SD micro chip is in a safe deposit box. </div></div>

W...T...F?? </div></div>
Super secret service squirrel NASA acorn ballistic software, eyes only.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kilmore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Justin, you are 42 years old. I am certain I did not use terminology you wouldn't understand.
</div></div>

Ok, now I'm frightened...
wink.gif

just an update...the HTI .50 shot so good....that Im now waiting on an SRS Covert .338 Lapua......very impressed.....conversion kit also coming for the HTI in .408CT.......well worth the $$$$....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nontypical9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just an update...the HTI .50 shot so good....that Im now waiting on an SRS Covert .338 Lapua......very impressed.....conversion kit also coming for the HTI in .408CT.......well worth the $$$$.... </div></div>

Any pictures of shot groups?

Nick I would like to see the same kind of report for the HTI .50. I understand the range would be less say 2,000??? This is going to be my next big purchase and would like to see it's ELR capabilities shooting the big .50 caliber rouond. I would eventually add the .375 Cheytac conversion when I go tired of shooting the .50, if that's possible. Haha

Very Nice! I am rather jealous of you all and your opportunity. It is nice to know that arms like this are being developed. They will certainly help our Military, and they will provide a lot of enjoyment for the shooting community also.