• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns DW Valor Bobtail two tone?

manki77

Private
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2017
Atlanta, Ga
Looking for some insight or thoughts on a purchase I am about to make on the secondary market locally.

Pistol is a Dan Wesson Valor Bobtail in 45acp that is two tone. According to seller the manufacture date is 2011. I cannot find this gun on any forums or old catalogs from CZ. I know the valor line was discontinued in 2018 but I do not see a SKU for the two tone. Just want to know if this was a model offered and not done afterwards. Price is at 1250 hoping this is a good value.

Let me know your thoughts

Attachments

• BEB58FE4-6A21-4E17-B46F-CF478A9FB251.png
    BEB58FE4-6A21-4E17-B46F-CF478A9FB251.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 52
Dw custom shop will do a lot of different options, including finish. Dw will build a lot of different options, I'd say it's one that was special ordered. 1250 is fair, if it looks good all the way around. Is it a 4.25 or 5" bobtail? Cant tell in pics, but I really like my guardian bobtail in 38super, my vigil cco in 45acp, and my pointman cco in 38super. I should get my pointman topend back from nighthawk tomorrow.

Reactions: manki77
Dw custom shop will do a lot of different options, including finish. Dw will build a lot of different options, I'd say it's one that was special ordered. 1250 is fair, if it looks good all the way around. Is it a 4.25 or 5" bobtail? Cant tell in pics, but I really like my guardian bobtail in 38super, my vigil cco in 45acp, and my pointman cco in 38super. I should get my pointman topend back from nighthawk tomorrow.

Its a 4.25 barrel length.

Nice. It will carry as good as my guardian bobtail. Is it steel or alum frame? I've got a dw eco 45 that's like new, I've had it on the exchange here for awhile. 1100.00 if interested
20190615_162158.jpg
20190615_162240.jpg
20190615_162216.jpg

It's the first two tone DW I've ever recall seeing. Other than that the Valor Bobtail is one of my favorite guns. See if you can get a serial number and contact Keith, or someone, at DW for the build specs. It wouldn't be out of the ordinary for the owner to have polished the lower of his Duty Treat Valor.

He could have sent it out. My dw pointman is coming back from nighthawk. Serrated slide top, ball end cuts, hi power cuts, fluted 38super barrel and nitrided slide. Frame will remain stainless. This will be as slick as anything dw custom shop could do.
20190605_075520.jpg

Patiently waiting for tomorrow delivery, lol.

All current 38super factory ammo is either anemic or it has a crap bullet like xtp, lol. I load all mine on a 650 with powder alert, run every carry load through an egw cartridge checker and check for high primers. With that out of the way, I use 7.6gr cfe pistol, cci small pistol primer, and a 125gr gold dot(357sig component bullet). That load runs 1425 in most 4.25 1911, at least the 3 I have. My range load is a 124gr rainer plated, can handle 1500fps, and 6.8gr cfe pistol @ 1275fps. I use starline super comp, non rimmed, brass for range and nickel plated version for carry ammo.

I was gonna say, buy first ask questions later lol. Nice score, every DW I've played with was an outstanding specimen of 1911.