• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Easy portable target stands.

hula

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2007
Oklahoma, Norman
Used 14 GA strut channel from home depot and they fold up easy to transport.
14 ga strut channel 8ft
#2, 3x1/2 in galvanized nipples
1/4in u bolts x 2
1/2 in rebar
1/2in bolts and nuts x 2
1/2in lock washers x2
1/2in flat washers x2
4ft chain and 4 S hooks
#8, 1/4in lock washers
About 22.00

Re: Easy portable target stands.

I really like that. I just broke one of my targets, time to update their design. But I need something that disassembles easy to put it in my trunk, and this looks to fit the bill! You don't mind if I steal this design, do you? Not to sell haha just to make a few for myself.

That's great! I'm broke and am always looking for ways to do this on the cheap. Thank you!

You have a great portable rig. For on the cheap, I've been using dead trees and getting steel targets with three holes across the top. Using the center hole, just lag bolt to the dead tree and shoot. When finished, unbolt and go back to the house. Katrina pulled up some big winds here and I have an abundance of topless trees to hang from with one a measured 402 yds from my front porch. Put on my flip-flops, step out on the deck, lay out prone and blast away. Of course I still have to drive out in the woods to repaint. Now if only I can figure out a build for a non-clogging auto-paint system.

That is a great, all purpose design. It is a great portable rig. I guess I'm going to get a few things at Home Depot. Thanks!

This is outstanding! The only change I will be making is raising the lower cross supports for uneven ground. Cool design and a big thanks for including a supply list for everyone.

No problem. You can find the 14ga strut material over by the conduit in the electrical and it comes in 10 ft lengths. Mine were cut 2ft with 15in plates hanging. Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing, it is a great use of some unistrut, and most people can get all of these supplies from a local hardware store. Depending on how heavy of a traget you hang on it, you might have to pile some rocks on the bottom chain to keep from knocking it over.
SScott

Only thing I would change is using lock nuts instead of lock washers. Will stay at the desired tension longer than using lock washers. Nothig more annoying than realizing you lost a nut when you arrive at shooting range.

And instead of using the s-hooks to attach plates to cross bar, maybe get those cheap 'beaners that have a screw lock. Will help with plates falling off.

Other than that, I like it. A lot. Will be building some this weekend.

Regards,
DT